• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guys I need advise On retakes!!!

Reaction score
So I did my CIE As level Examinations on summer 2015. I got BBCC. I took a retake for both bio and chem which I got a CC i n winter 2015.The other two subjects were Physics and Maths. I am currently studying A2 and I am taking 4 subjects Phy,maths,bio and chem. I am planning to take six subjects on summer including As level phy and Maths retake. I am applying for medical. Is it advisable to do six subjects at once? How hard it A2 compared to As? Which subject is more important for medicine Phy or maths? If I decide to take one retake from AS level should I take Phy or maths. Do you think a normal student can handle six subjects. I am planning to get at least 3A* or is it a bit ambitious.If I take six subjects when do I start studying for As level. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you are medical Student just go for Chemistry , Biology and Just in case to be on safer side study Physics.
But if you are aiming for A* then you got to give all these 3 subjects again. Because A2 is much difficult then AS. As you said you got BBCC thats not good if you want A* in all three of them.But just check you marks if you got B with a bigger difference then don't give work hard for A2. But if you got with less difference then go for it !
And What do you mean by Six subjects ? At max the best university of the world will also only require you to take 3 subjects !

Check the university requirement in which you are going to study !

Reaction score
So I did my CIE As level Examinations on summer 2015. I got BBCC. I took a retake for both bio and chem which I got a CC i n winter 2015.The other two subjects were Physics and Maths. I am currently studying A2 and I am taking 4 subjects Phy,maths,bio and chem. I am planning to take six subjects on summer including As level phy and Maths retake. I am applying for medical. Is it advisable to do six subjects at once? How hard it A2 compared to As? Which subject is more important for medicine Phy or maths? If I decide to take one retake from AS level should I take Phy or maths. Do you think a normal student can handle six subjects. I am planning to get at least 3A* or is it a bit ambitious.If I take six subjects when do I start studying for As level. Thanks in advance.
how can you get the results of winter 2k15 they are announced in jan aren't they?

Reaction score
I got BCDD in mine and retook and ended up with A*AABB ( I took one subject 3 months before final exams and had to do AS and A2 at once and ended up with a B whilst my counterparts who only had to do A2 of the subject ended up with C's etc. Its very possible!

Reaction score
I got BCDD in mine and retook and ended up with A*AABB ( I took one subject 3 months before final exams and had to do AS and A2 at once and ended up with a B whilst my counterparts who only had to do A2 of the subject ended up with C's etc. Its very possible!

Woah that is some good grades. Well I decided to drop physics put as my B in maths was worse than B in physics. Thanks for advice people. Is it possible that I can get an A* or A in phy with a low B in AS level?

Reaction score
Woah that is some good grades. Well I decided to drop physics put as my B in maths was worse than B in physics. Thanks for advice people. Is it possible that I can get an A* or A in phy with a low B in AS level?
If u get A* in your A2, then overall can go to max A. Thats what my teacher said and one of the member on XPC said that her friend got C in as level and she got B in as level for a particular subject and in A2 her friend got A* and she got A. :) so i am confused as well... I need help on this as well..

I am gave 3 subjects in my As level PCM and got Bs in all (p and c - 76% and math 70%) I want my grades to increase to at least A. How hard should I prepare for my A2 to achieve As in my A2 and As level? Also I am giving English(9093) (As level) in winter 2k16 along with my A2 level PCM subjects. And I know I will end up getting U or E in English as its so tough to pass in it. Is it possible for me to get admission in German university in Aerospace Engineering with (BBBU or AAAU or ABBU) grades?

Thank you. (psychiatrist) Hope we get help here as i wanna go into german university as well. :p