• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guide and Tips-O Levels

Reaction score
Hey what is the best way to study for alternative to practical papers for bio, chem and phys. Pls try and reply as quickly as possible. Thnx.

Reaction score
I have a question. Is that a good idea to take A'level in U.S after taking A'level in Pakistan? I mean the educational systems are different of both the countries. OR should I stay,till I complete my A'level here?

Reaction score
Plz share your islamiat notes and tell how you made them mean from where you took help while making them

Reaction score
Plz share your islamiat notes and tell how you made them mean from where you took help while making them

If you're talkng about the OP, the notes mentioned there are actually my notes. However, since I wrote them like 3-4 years ago with an ink pen, they're all faded now and illegible so I can't share a copy of them. I'll try and find if any of the kids I passed them on to have the legible photocopies.

About where I made them from, I read 3-4 books. Iftikhar, Ghulam Shabbir, Farkhanda Noor and the fourth book I don't remember it's authors name, but I've shared a link in the first post. I read them, then wrote down what I understood + relevent quotations. The stuff was a goldmine and helped me a lot. Too bad it's all faded. :(

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if I am allowed to do a question on a text that I haven't studied in school? My school has done Caesar, Songs of Ourselves and Stories of Ourselves but I would love to attempt an Importance of Being Earnest emphatic question if it is one I know and like. I asked someone and she said that I can't because the school sends their own syllabus...? So, can anyone answer this? Has anyone done this?

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if I am allowed to do a question on a text that I haven't studied in school? My school has done Caesar, Songs of Ourselves and Stories of Ourselves but I would love to attempt an Importance of Being Earnest emphatic question if it is one I know and like. I asked someone and she said that I can't because the school sends their own syllabus...? So, can anyone answer this? Has anyone done this?

Of course you can!

Reaction score
But two of my friends have now said that the school sends their set texts to CIE... I don't want to attempt another text until I'm not absolutely sure..

Schools have nothing to do with that. They can't limit what texts you can attempt. I'm telling you it wont make a difference. That said, why would you want to attempt a text you're not taught?

Reaction score
Schools have nothing to do with that. They can't limit what texts you can attempt. I'm telling you it wont make a difference. That said, why would you want to attempt a text you're not taught?
Because I'm not very enthusiastic about most of the texts we have been taught, and I happen to love Importance of Being Earnest and anyway, it's only an emphatic question, not an essay one.

Reaction score
Because I'm not very enthusiastic about most of the texts we have been taught, and I happen to love Importance of Being Earnest and anyway, it's only an emphatic question, not an essay one.

I don't know about the texts, but there's no restriction on what questions you can attempt (unless it's a condition by the particular paper. As in, if Q1 is answered, you can't answer Q2, if one topic is from Section A, the other has to be from B or C etc). So, you're safe.

Reaction score
I don't know about the texts, but there's no restriction on what questions you can attempt (unless it's a condition by the particular paper. As in, if Q1 is answered, you can't answer Q2, if one topic is from Section A, the other has to be from B or C etc). So, you're safe.
Have you taken literature 2010? I dunno. The question paper says that we should attempt questions from a minimum of two SECTIONS and a minimum of three TEXTS. So, like, in poetry, there will be, supposing, two or three collections with each collection having three questions each. Similarly, maybe five or four texts for the prose and drama sections.
So that's what I wanted to know. If we are allowed to do texts different to our school texts.