• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guide and Tips-O Levels

Reaction score
Thanks but like he was telling me that he wrote around 25 references in total and only tow reference numbers got wrong by mistaken although for one surah name was correct so that will too leave a negative impression? thanks for your help and secondly yesterday in Fatima RA i missed the point that she was known as zahra'the shining one' and that he favoured Ali to be the caliph how much marks the examiner is expected to deduct although i gave four quotations of Hadith for Fatima RA

woah! who gives 25 References? :O, i gave like 7-8, i hope that is enough! I try to give around 2 for every 10 mark question.

Reaction score
woah! who gives 25 References? :O, i gave like 7-8, i hope that is enough! I try to give around 2 for every 10 mark question.

yaar ill tell u i gave 4 references for quranic passages 5 for battle of badr around 9 in god in himself and four for hazrat fatima alongwith 1 reference each for every four mark question
As far as paper 2 is concerned i gave 5 for hadith 9 in hadith in legal thinking 8 in messengers 6 in benefits of zakat and 4 quotations for 4 mark questions in total
in this way i wrote that much references but by the way is there any restriction on this?

Reaction score
yaar ill tell u i gave 4 references for quranic passages 5 for battle of badr around 9 in god in himself and four for hazrat fatima alongwith 1 reference each for every four mark question
As far as paper 2 is concerned i gave 5 for hadith 9 in hadith in legal thinking 8 in messengers 6 in benefits of zakat and 4 quotations for 4 mark questions in total
in this way i wrote that much references but by the way is there any restriction on this?

Haha no offense but I think your answers will be just BOOORING!! All references less explanation. Correct me if I'm wrong but the examiner wants to know what you understand from the subject matter...?

Reaction score
Haha no offense but I think your answers will be just BOOORING!! All references less explanation. Correct me if I'm wrong but the examiner wants to know what you understand from the subject matter...?

I did have a friend who answered in a shitload of references. He quoted about 25-28 times per paper. Ended up with a C.
I think I quoted around 8-10 per paper tops.

Point being, it's not just the references they're looking for. They need to see how much *you* understand the subject at hand and how much you can back up your claim. What good is the backing up part without a claim?

Would a judge give you a favorable decision for finding a lot of evidence but not presenting your case, in that, what the evidence represents? I know I wouldn't.

Reaction score
I did have a friend who answered in a shitload of references. He quoted about 25-28 times per paper. Ended up with a C.
I think I quoted around 8-10 per paper tops.

Point being, it's not just the references they're looking for. They need to see how much *you* understand the subject at hand and how much you can back up your claim. What good is the backing up part without a claim?

Would a judge give you a favorable decision for finding a lot of evidence but not presenting your case, in that, what the evidence represents? I know I wouldn't.

My dear frnd i have already got an A i gave the retake for an A* actually in may june i wrote individual conduct in paper 2 although the question asked conduct of individual in community my whole question ended irrelevant and got an A although with component grades A in both papers. May be u r right but i never compromise my text for sake of references my answers are of level 4 as indicated by sir muzammil i was his student if you require me to write an answer i can do that for your verification

Reaction score
My dear frnd i have already got an A i gave the retake for an A* actually in may june i wrote individual conduct in paper 2 although the question asked conduct of individual in community my whole question ended irrelevant and got an A although with component grades A in both papers. May be u r right but i never compromise my text for sake of references my answers are of level 4 as indicated by sir muzammil i was his student if you require me to write an answer i can do that for your verification

I don't need anything. I know for a fact that in my batch of 190, about 100 took tuitions from Muzammil and only TWO had A*s. There were 9 other A*s. 5 of them, myself included, studied themselves and 4 from Sir Iftikhar. So yeah, tuitions from reputed teachers don't necessarily mean grades.

Secondly, lets leave out references for a second. Why on earth would you want to improve from an A to an A* in ISLAMIYAT? A subject whose grade isn't added to your equivalence.

Reaction score
I don't need anything. I know for a fact that in my batch of 190, about 100 took tuitions from Muzammil and only TWO had A*s. There were 9 other A*s. 5 of them, myself included, studied themselves and 4 from Sir Iftikhar. So yeah, tuitions from reputed teachers don't necessarily mean grades.

Secondly, lets leave out references for a second. Why on earth would you want to improve from an A to an A* in ISLAMIYAT? A subject whose grade isn't added to your equivalence.

Islamiyat is now being added for equivalence and i have to do FSC

Reaction score

and yaar u can be right but at least remember me i prayerz i am not challenging you but im telling you that as far as my paper was concerned i did not comprise the knowledge so i think i did an OK job

Reaction score

:O, i would like to give a reference from the movie batman. "Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push" - Joker. I now rest my case.

Reaction score
in the prcess of electrolysis when halide is present in higher concentration than it will be discharged (this is what i read in the books) but when i went through the marking scheme even if the solution s dilute halide are bieng discharged
what is wrong what is write ? conffffuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeddddddddddd

when it comes 2 the reactivity series for anions it goes like sulphate ions followed by nitrate ions and then the halides.now wht u need 2 remember is that preferential discharge on the basis of concentration takes place only in halides excluding the sulphate and nitrate ions and dat whether a sol. is dilute or concentrated the 2 exceptions(sulphate and nitrate ions) won't ever get discharged as they are extraordinary reactive

Reaction score
I NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE!
Okay so I want to get into a US university after my A levels...and I was thinking..since US colleges like students with a lot of A's...should I take up a 3rd O level year aswell? (I'm cruuently gonna do them in 2) I want to take up subs like Sociology and worl history in the 3rd year

Reaction score
1 sitting is for very intelligent students......2 sittings are max....More than 2 will have a bad impact no matter how good grades you have got........If you think you are comfortable by 2 sittings ...then do it!!But don't be overconfident!..

Reaction score
I NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE!
Okay so I want to get into a US university after my A levels...and I was thinking..since US colleges like students with a lot of A's...should I take up a 3rd O level year aswell? (I'm cruuently gonna do them in 2) I want to take up subs like Sociology and world history in the 3rd year
Sociology and world history are very easy subjects to score good grades. Hence you can do them both in 2 year(no need for another year). In-fact i know a person who just studied these subjects for 3 months only by a tutor, he appeared in October/November session this year and ended up getting an A and an A*(world history)

Reaction score
anyone plz guide hw to cope up wth englsh???????????????
Do practice of essays and comprehensions passages( past papers). Also learn new vocabulary words as they will be useful in Essay writings and also in comprehensions. Read articles, newspapers, books, novels also watch english news channels( eg: BBC) movies etc to improve vocabulary words and sentence structures.

Reaction score
I really don't know what the questions were, but if you guys got a Q2 on God in Himself, then 20 or so do make sense bec themed Q2's do require a lot of references. At least that's what the case was back in my time.
20 references r way too many, almost 7 references r pretty good

Reaction score
Hi evryone . i have a very big issue . my sir is eexpctng dstnctn 4m me in maths, and m nt ggd at allll. plz guide me in this regard