• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guide and Tips-O Levels

Reaction score
If you have a remote interest in it, go ahead and take it. Nothing out of the ordinary.

At O Levels, there's A LOT of choice in the World History paper. I think there are like 39 or 41 questions, the first one is compulsory and you have to do like 3-4 more from those. Loads and loads of choice.

If anyone wants an easy, easy A, Sociology, Environmental Management and Commerce are baby subjects which don't even require a teacher (I did them myself, just a book and me and started in mid-April of the exam session (i.e May). Got As and A*s in these despite the horrible prep. They are very, very easy. It's more general knowledge than science. Low GTs and loads of choice = A A A!

Can Sociology be done in 2 weeks? Alongwith past papers? Plz help. Ty.

Reaction score
Can Sociology be done in 2 weeks? Alongwith past papers? Plz help. Ty.

I mean, I gave it on blind or so. I'm pretty sure you can ace it studying for it, even if it be just 2 weeks.

Reaction score
I mean, I gave it on blind or so. I'm pretty sure you can ace it studying for it, even if it be just 2 weeks.
Did u do past papers? And how long did u take 4 preparation? As in how many days for p1 and p2?

Reaction score
Did u do past papers? And how long did u take 4 preparation? As in how many days for p1 and p2?

Past Papers? I didn't get the time to read up let alone do the past papers!

I read for p2 coming out of my Add Math exam.
I did study for P1 though. I think 2-3 days of reading and last day reading up on 2 marking schemes.
Would've easily gotten an A* if I had read up more for P2.

Reaction score

I did study for P1 though. I think 2-3 days of reading and last day reading up on 2 marking schemes.
Thankyou so much! I feel so much better now!thnnku once again. :)

Reaction score

Those 2-3 days you spent reading. How many hours in total did you read?
And You are talking about the Ken Brown book right? or some notes?

Doesn't Sociology involve complicated questions and definitions?
How many chapters did you prepare?
And you didn't read the entire Ken Brown book? I mean, that book is huge.

I don't work hard, not at all.
But i can get an A, the same way as you.
How should i prepare Sociology, Environmental Management and Commerce?
I am talking about that last few days, super fast preparation to get A.
Not the 8 month long preparation that involves a lot of studying.

It would be really helpful if you would tell the material i should use for these three subjects.
And also, how much of each subject should i prepare and in what way.

Reaction score
I want to know which topics can we EXCLUDE from the normal ISLAMIYAT(o level) course when we are studying for ISLAMIC RELIGION AND CULTURE(o level). Plz plz plz give me a speedy answer. Exam on 14th oct. thankyou in advance.

Reaction score
Those 2-3 days you spent reading. How many hours in total did you read?
And You are talking about the Ken Brown book right? or some notes?

Doesn't Sociology involve complicated questions and definitions?
How many chapters did you prepare?
And you didn't read the entire Ken Brown book? I mean, that book is huge.

I don't work hard, not at all.
But i can get an A, the same way as you.
How should i prepare Sociology, Environmental Management and Commerce?
I am talking about that last few days, super fast preparation to get A.
Not the 8 month long preparation that involves a lot of studying.

It would be really helpful if you would tell the material i should use for these three subjects.
And also, how much of each subject should i prepare and in what way.

Anything between 5 to 7 would be my pick.

I didn't use the Ken Browne book. I found it horribly mundane and monotonous. I used Stephen Moore's Sociology Alive which I feel is an excellently written book.
You don't have to read everything. You don't have to read even half the book. Go through the syllabus for Gods sake!

I did the same for EM. Commerce, I knew mostly. Didn't know the accounting half so left it. Only did Insurance. Read Haider Nadeems notes from Scribd before going for the exam.

Who studies 8 months for O levels?

Reaction score
One of my frnds was asking me kay agar if ay reference number Verse no surah no gets wrong in o level islamiyat is there any penalty for that? Reply urgent i think there is no negative marking but pls confirm urgent

Reaction score
One of my frnds was asking me kay agar if ay reference number Verse no surah no gets wrong in o level islamiyat is there any penalty for that? Reply urgent i think there is no negative marking but pls confirm urgent

There's no penalty for that but if you're not certain don't incorrectly quote Surah numbers. Leaves a negative impression. I, for one, didn't quote any Surah numbers, so yeah.

Reaction score
There's no penalty for that but if you're not certain don't incorrectly quote Surah numbers. Leaves a negative impression. I, for one, didn't quote any Surah numbers, so yeah.

Thanks but like he was telling me that he wrote around 25 references in total and only tow reference numbers got wrong by mistaken although for one surah name was correct so that will too leave a negative impression? thanks for your help and secondly yesterday in Fatima RA i missed the point that she was known as zahra'the shining one' and that he favoured Ali to be the caliph how much marks the examiner is expected to deduct although i gave four quotations of Hadith for Fatima RA

Reaction score
Thanks but like he was telling me that he wrote around 25 references in total and only tow reference numbers got wrong by mistaken although for one surah name was correct so that will too leave a negative impression? thanks for your help and secondly yesterday in Fatima RA i missed the point that she was known as zahra'the shining one' and that he favoured Ali to be the caliph how much marks the examiner is expected to deduct although i gave four quotations of Hadith for Fatima RA

Okay I don't know if you've read the OP of this thread, but I recall writing something along the lines of 'no negative marking in olevels'. You can only gain a mark, never lose one. Not in Islamiyat, not other theoretical subjects.

25 references? What did he answer in? References only? This many aren't needed. Don't let the need for references derail you into not explaining adequately enough!
For each paper, I think I wrote max 8-9 and all w/o numbers.

Reaction score
For the missing part, it's not really an issue. They don't see what you DIDN'T write. They see what you DID write.

Reaction score
Okay I don't know if you've read the OP of this thread, but I recall writing something along the lines of 'no negative marking in olevels'. You can only gain a mark, never lose one. Not in Islamiyat or other theoretical subjects.

25 references? What did he answer in? References only? This many aren't needed. Don't let the need for references derail you into not explaining adequately enough!
For each paper, I think I wrote max 8-9 and all w/o numbers.

Yaar mein itnay to mein nay bhi likhay hein actually dekho aroud 7 references for God in himself alongwith another five for battle of badr followed by four quotations for Hazrat fatima some references for quranic passages and others for the 4 mark questions

Reaction score
Yaar mein itnay to mein nay bhi likhay hein actually dekho aroud 7 references for God in himself alongwith another five for battle of badr followed by four quotations for Hazrat fatima some references for quranic passages and others for the 4 mark questions

I really don't know what the questions were, but if you guys got a Q2 on God in Himself, then 20 or so do make sense bec themed Q2's do require a lot of references. At least that's what the case was back in my time.

Reaction score
I really don't know what the questions were, but if you guys got a Q2 on God in Himself, then 20 or so do make sense bec themed Q2's do require a lot of references. At least that's what the case was back in my time.

Hmm the same case here did you get an A*?