• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guide and Tips-O Levels

Reaction score
My friends took Urdu A, studied day and night for it. Memorized stuff. Ended up with a B, only some got A.

I took Urdu B, never studied for it. They gave me an A. Many of my friends got A's and A*'s, in fact most of them.
The Urdu B paper is general stuff, and only requires memorization of ''Muhawaraas'', which too is only for 5 marks. I skipped that. Got 2 out of 5 right, though.
So with a good amount of past paper practice, one can easily get an A or A* in it.

So you can say that SOMETIMES it's easier to score in Urdu A since you already know the syllabus, but it involves a lot of hardwork and memorizing. So if you've got a lot of time, and are good in Urdu, then go for Urdu A.
Ahan thanks for the advice though DID HELPED ALOT! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
do schools include attendance in while marking ? bc i dont go regularly will it have any affects on my marks in school exams ?

Even i don't go regularly.

It depends on the school, most of them don't.

If you go to school on the day of the tests and exams, then it won't have any effect on your school result. But if you miss tests, then there is going to be a problem.

Reaction score
But I think that urdu B is far more easier and scoring???

Let me make it simple for you.

Loads of Hardwork + Great Urdu skills = A/A* in Urdu A.
Loads of Hardwork + Normal Urdu Skills = A in Urdu A.
Loads of hardwork + Dumb + Bad Urdu Skills = B/C in Urdu A.

Little amount of work + Normal Urdu Skills = A in Urdu B.
No work + Good Urdu Skills + Smart= A in Urdu B.
Hardwork + Bad Urdu Skills = B in Urdu B.
Loads of Hardwork + Great Urdu Skills = Distinction/A* in Urdu B.

If you absolutely love Urdu, have a lot of free time, want to become an Urdu Poet or something, and are willing to memorize boring passages and stuff, then go for Urdu A.

But if you hate memorizing stuff, want to get this Urdu stuff over with, and don't want to ever touch it after O-Level, then take Urdu B in a heartbeat. It's the easy way out.

I'll give you an example. My friend took Urdu A, studied it for 3 years. And in the end, got a B. After all that work, all that memorizing.. a B!
I took Urdu B, never studied it. Got an A.

Even if the person takes Urdu A, and works hard, and somehow manages to get an A in Urdu A, it will be equivalent to the A in Urdu B, which has been achieved through little work. So if an A is what one is aiming, why choose the tough and boring path?

About the 'difficulty'.
Urdu B is easier! Urdu A is tough.

About the 'scoring'.
They are both equally scoring. Some people believe Urdu B is less scoring, but if you put in the required amount of work, then it can be easy to score. People do get A*'s in Urdu B, as well.

Reaction score
Let me make it simple for you.

Loads of Hardwork + Great Urdu skills = A/A* in Urdu A.
Loads of Hardwork + Normal Urdu Skills = A in Urdu A.
Loads of hardwork + Dumb + Bad Urdu Skills = B/C in Urdu A.

Little amount of work + Normal Urdu Skills = A in Urdu B.
No work + Good Urdu Skills + Smart= A in Urdu B.
Hardwork + Bad Urdu Skills = B in Urdu B.
Loads of Hardwork + Great Urdu Skills = Distinction/A* in Urdu B.

If you absolutely love Urdu, have a lot of free time, want to become an Urdu Poet or something, and are willing to memorize boring passages and stuff, then go for Urdu A.

But if you hate memorizing stuff, want to get this Urdu stuff over with, and don't want to ever touch it after O-Level, then take Urdu B in a heartbeat. It's the easy way out.

I'll give you an example. My friend took Urdu A, studied it for 3 years. And in the end, got a B. After all that work, all that memorizing.. a B!
I took Urdu B, never studied it. Got an A.

Even if the person takes Urdu A, and works hard, and somehow manages to get an A in Urdu A, it will be equivalent to the A in Urdu B, which has been achieved through little work. So if an A is what one is aiming, why choose the tough and boring path?

About the 'difficulty'.
Urdu B is easier! Urdu A is tough.

About the 'scoring'.
They are both equally scoring. Some people believe Urdu B is less scoring, but if you put in the required amount of work, then it can be easy to score. People do get A*'s in Urdu B, as well.
Haha thanks a lot dude you helped me ALOT ^_^ Thank you so much

Reaction score
Excuse me, can you guys help me out in Islamiat please? I'm an 02 student, and have 5 months left to prepare myself. The thing is, I am very confused about Islamiat. There are countless reference books, and our teacher keeps stressing us to read each syllabus topic from each book everytime we read it. So I have 6 books (Yasmin Malik, Farkhanda Noor, Ayesha Tariq, Ghulam Shabbir, Bilal Aslam, Iftikhar-ul-Haq). All I'm asking is, is it necessary to study from all these? Can't I just study from 1 or 2 books at most? I understand that some topics are better given in some books, but all this has become too confusing and timetaking. I'm aiming for A* IA. Can you guys tell me the best books? Or the best topics written in each individual books?
I'm waiting for your help.

Reaction score
Please i need some help in Environmental Management. Whether it is a good subject and all about it. Can anybody help?? Please.

Last edited: