• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Good grip in As level but worse in IGCSE.

Reaction score
When I was small, I never use to study seriously... Now I passed IGCSE with grades like CCCCBDDE and got 3Bs in ma As level. Now in A2(chemistry) there are so many times where there is usage of IGCSE concepts where I lose my marks. How should I cover up? Any tips?
Thank you.

Metanoia
DarkEclipse
nehaoscar
Xylferion
Help me guys if u can. Tag others who u think can be helpful to me. :)

Reaction score
When I was small, I never use to study seriously... Now I passed IGCSE with grades like CCCCBDDE and got 3Bs in ma As level. Now in A2(chemistry) there are so many times where there is usage of IGCSE concepts where I lose my marks. How should I cover up? Any tips?
Thank you.

Metanoia
DarkEclipse
nehaoscar
Xylferion
IG concepts in A2?
I didn't know that...
Do you have any specific problems in the subject? A particular chapter?

Reaction score
I thought for A2 you should revise AS very well because you wont be able to understand the concepts for A2 if AS is weak.
Especially in chemistry
Where have you come across ig concepts?

Reaction score
Thank you.

Metanoia
DarkEclipse
nehaoscar
Xylferion
A2 chemistry tbh I don't really think you need to revise IG's again ... everything is mostly covered in the CIE endorsed text book. You need to make sure however that for A2 you know AS as well (especially organic and grp2). You can have a read through briefly over the IG notes if you feel like however personally I don't think it's needed. It also depends when you are giving the exam i.e how much time you have to prepare so don't waste it in refreshing over the 10th syllabus.