• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Giving private examination

Reaction score
Should we do commerce private if cannot study science....is it good to study private

Reaction score
Studying private or school is an endless debate. Both have their own merits and demerits. It depends upon whether you've an environment suitable to study privately. I took my O'Level privately (took 3A*s, one A and 4 Bs) and now I'm preparing for my A'Level. Not only privately, but also without any tutor, academy or any institution at all. Undoubtedly, my parents' education background and home environment (which looks more like a library), matters a lot! but still these are my own efforts that have brought me here. Studying privately, it's all my own free will: when do I take exams? How much I study? or that instead of wasting time in going to school, coming back, now going to tuition or coming back, I save time, which gives me an opportunity to pursue my hobby.
And if it's your O'Level, science is just no problem! though I heard business subjects are more easy, but there is no problem is science as well. All your concepts, that's it what matters! But if it's A'Level, lab is the main problem then. We wasted a whole lot of time, like a year, because we didn't know what to do with the practical skills and after all, my father built a home science lab, to do experiments...
But studying at home requires a LOT OF self control, responsibility and patience!

Reaction score
Studying private or school is an endless debate. Both have their own merits and demerits. It depends upon whether you've an environment suitable to study privately. I took my O'Level privately (took 3A*s, one A and 4 Bs) and now I'm preparing for my A'Level. Not only privately, but also without any tutor, academy or any institution at all. Undoubtedly, my parents' education background and home environment (which looks more like a library), matters a lot! but still these are my own efforts that have brought me here. Studying privately, it's all my own free will: when do I take exams? How much I study? or that instead of wasting time in going to school, coming back, now going to tuition or coming back, I save time, which gives me an opportunity to pursue my hobby.
And if it's your O'Level, science is just no problem! though I heard business subjects are more easy, but there is no problem is science as well. All your concepts, that's it what matters! But if it's A'Level, lab is the main problem then. We wasted a whole lot of time, like a year, because we didn't know what to do with the practical skills and after all, my father built a home science lab, to do experiments...
But studying at home requires a LOT OF self control, responsibility and patience!
Was there any kind of problem when making ur IBCC equivalence ?
and which field r u chosing ( medical / engineering ) ?

Reaction score
Was there any kind of problem when making ur IBCC equivalence ?
and which field r u chosing ( medical / engineering ) ?
I haven't gone for the equivalency yet and I wish I may not have to do that (just ruins the grades doesn't it?). I haven't decided upon the field I'll be going in yet, but I know it's neither medical nor engineering. May be a graduation in Chemistry from a foreign uni, if that could be possible! or let's just see, what happens!

Reaction score
I haven't gone for the equivalency yet and I wish I may not have to do that (just ruins the grades doesn't it?). I haven't decided upon the field I'll be going in yet, but I know it's neither medical nor engineering. May be a graduation in Chemistry from a foreign uni, if that could be possible! or let's just see, what happens!
i knowww
Good luck (y)

Reaction score
Should we do commerce private if cannot study science....is it good to study private
Hi I just finished my A Level today! in commerce subjects!

Agree with everything, my friend Bakhita says here.. Private studying is not for faint-heart·ed It takes so much of self control that you yearn for a teacher! I belong to a middle class family and i faced a serious lack of books and library which made the process very hard! Just even the commerce subjects!

But they are definitely doable

Reaction score
Hi I just finished my A Level today! in commerce subjects!

Agree with everything, my friend Bakhita says here.. Private studying is not for faint-heart·ed It takes so much of self control that you yearn for a teacher! I belong to a middle class family and i faced a serious lack of books and library which made the process very hard! Just even the commerce subjects!

But they are definitely doable
you are very right! Even other than that, you gotta manage everything yourself, like school students have to get up early morning because they have to go out, but when you are at home, even getting up early becomes such a big problem...and if there are guests, that just ruins all your timetables and schedules!...and of course that social life problem...The school friends went to college, made new friends and started a new life!...while we, remain where we were! ... Things such as these might seem futile but even these triflings matter a lot

Last edited:
Reaction score
you are very right! Even other than that, you gotta manage everything yourself, like school students have to get up early morning because they have to go out, but when you are at home, even getting up early becomes such a big problem...and if there are guests, that just ruins all your timetables and schedules!...and of course that social life problem...The school friends went to college, made new friends and started a new life!...while we, remain where we were! ... Things such as these might seem futile but even these triflings matter a lot
so do private candidates get admission in government medical colleges ?

Reaction score
so do private candidates get admission in government medical colleges ?
why not? as long as your grades are good enough, there's a fair chance to get in merit list! And you must keep in mind that private candidates are not dealt with separately from school candidates, the degree is the same, everything is the same! only we took a different route to reach the same destination!

Last edited:
Reaction score
why not? as long as your grades are good enough, there's a fair chance to get in merit list! And you must keep in mind that private candidates are not dealt with separately from school candidates, the degree is the same, everything is the same! only we took a different route to reach the same destination!

I heard that giving Alevel privately causes problems in future.. like getting admissions in Universities... I mean is it true??? does school matters???

Reaction score
I heard that giving Alevel privately causes problems in future.. like getting admissions in Universities... I mean is it true??? does school matters???
no...it's nothing of the sort! As far as I know, your grades are what matters the most, not the school

Reaction score
Can anybody do some subjects privately and through the school....................... I messaged British Council they said i can.. But if there is a clash they cannot help me.... What does that mean..... I want to give Socio with Pak Stud and Isl.

Reaction score
lol .. I've heard exactly the opposite thing .. College name is imp (to some extent )
Maybe Pakistani unis require that...my sis private too, both O'level and A'Level, she's already contacting foreign unis, all their requirements are based upon grades and some English courses like IELTS or Tofel...the college's name may be mentioned on the certificate, but that's not taken into consideration, it would be too unfair that way...well let's see if that has impact or not!

Reaction score
Can anybody do some subjects privately and through the school....................... I messaged British Council they said i can.. But if there is a clash they cannot help me.... What does that mean..... I want to give Socio with Pak Stud and Isl.
June timetable is out already ..check the dates .. then go accordingly ..simple!

Reaction score
yes that's possible, there is another guy here on xpc, he'll be taking exams through private and school too, and the same British council told you. As far as clashes are concerned, they are that can happen even if you are only private or through school, that way, it's managed by taking both exams with a little duration, like 15 minutes or half an hour.