• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GCE O'level English M/J 2014

Reaction score
OK,but guide me how can i improve my narrative??
make sure you have an awesome starting to gather the interest of the reader ( i like to start by some action) ...... don't add too much dialogues ....... stick to the point ..... do not drag on the story too much so the reader doesn't get bored ........always end the story positively.... like u can look into the future saying there is hope and stuff...... if u are good at writing then you can also make use of flashbacks ..... i don't like to use cliffhangers because it seems as if you didn't have time to complete the story or were out of ideas....( but u can use em) ......

Reaction score
make sure you have an awesome starting to gather the interest of the reader ( i like to start by some action) ...... don't add too much dialogues ....... stick to the point ..... do not drag on the story too much so the reader doesn't get bored ........always end the story positively.... like u can look into the future saying there is hope and stuff...... if u are good at writing then you can also make use of flashbacks ..... i don't like to use cliffhangers because it seems as if you didn't have time to complete the story or were out of ideas....( but u can use em) ......
but i m weak in vocabulary,what can i do with it???

Reaction score
make sure you haveit awesome starting to gather the interest of the reader ( i like to start by some action) ...... don't add too much dialogues ....... stick to the point ..... do not drag on the story too much so the reader doesn't get bored ........always end the story positively.... like u can look into the future saying there is hope and stuff...... if u are good at writing then you can also make use of flashbacks ..... i don't like to use cliffhangers because it seems as if you didn't have time to complete the story or were out of ideas....( but u can use em) ......
Cliffhangers are really effective especially soon after the climax and it doesn't seem as if you didn't have time or anything especially if u keep the reader in suspense. I use cliffhangers in most of my essays and they seem to be a good way to end an essay. If you know exactly how to use it, its really effective and can be a great boost......

Reaction score

Do you of any place where i can read narrative samples? Or any place where i can evaluate them?

Reaction score
Hey, what about directed writing? Any samples and tips? It's very difficult to get points, i hardly get 5-6