• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Full O-Level GUIDANCE AND HELP!

Reaction score
Guys what am I supposed to Do in section 3',whoever is giving their cies of pakstudies this year,please tell me what are you doing from section 3 I know that question 1 is compulsory but there are many irrelevant stuff in sec 3 like relations and organizations ,so if possible could anyone also tell me to do which organizations and relations

-Thanks in Advance

Myer.
just a reading + past papers + marking scheme

Reaction score
Okay... So anybody here can help me with Islamiat...
I have a question that do we have to study characteristics of Quran and Makki and Madni Surahs??? Becuz I didn't find them in syllabus but the my school explained it in detail.....
Secondly how should I study for important personalities and companions and scribes???? Learn the personalities scribes to or what????
Thanks in advance.....

Reaction score
Any Notes for chemistry's MCQ paper?? Ihave done atleast 7 to 8 paper1 but out of 40 there are atleast 7 questions which i cant understand.specifically which come under Acid and Bases and experimental chemistry!! Please guide me how to come over this problem.:(

Reaction score
Any Notes for chemistry's MCQ paper?? Ihave done atleast 7 to 8 paper1 but out of 40 there are atleast 7 questions which i cant understand.specifically which come under Acid and Bases and experimental chemistry!! Please guide me how to come over this problem.:(

There are no specific 'Notes' for MCQ paper.
The problem is that your concepts are weak.P

Paper 1 is the easiest. You should be able to get good marks in this!
When i was doing past papers, i got 40/40 in every paper 1 I did, and also completed it in under 20 mins, most of the time. The time was between 10-20 minutes.
10 was when i was in a hurry, and just read the question fast and ticked without even thinking much.

See, You can't afford to lose 7 marks here. If you are losing 7 here, it will be worse in your actual CIE. Unless you're aiming for a B or C, then that's fine.
In CIE you will be under much more stress. It will drop to 28/40 over there, due to time restraint and tension.

So to reach the level of perfection required or at least 37+, first you have to understand the syllabus and actually master everything in the book. Then you'll succeed at past papers. And you need 37 at least to get A*, because you obviously will lose marks in ATP and Paper 2. Or you could get full marks in Paper 2 and ATP, and even get 5/40 in MCQ and get an A. It's up to you.

I suggest you to read the entire book again, specifically the chapters that trouble you. Do not touch the past papers until you master the book.
Then after you have mastered everything, and can actually TEACH other people.. then CHECK yourself, check how you are doing by solving papers. You'll see you'll get higher than 33 definitely. Might even go up till 40 if you are smart enough.

Reaction score

When i was doing past papers, i got 40/40 in every paper 1 I did, and also completed it in under 20 mins, most of the time. The time was between 10-20 minutes.
10 was when i was in a hurry, and just read the question fast and ticked without even thinking much.

See, You can't afford to lose 7 marks here. If you are losing 7 here, it will be worse in your actual CIE. Unless you're aiming for a B or C, then that's fine.
In CIE you will be under much more stress. It will drop to 28/40 over there, due to time restraint and tension.

So to reach the level of perfection required or at least 37+, first you have to understand the syllabus and actually master everything in the book. Then you'll succeed at past papers. And you need 37 at least to get A*, because you obviously will lose marks in ATP and Paper 2. Or you could get full marks in Paper 2 and ATP, and even get 5/40 in MCQ and get an A. It's up to you.

I suggest you to read the entire book again, specifically the chapters that trouble you. Do not touch the past papers until you master the book.
Then after you have mastered everything, and can actually TEACH other people.. then CHECK yourself, check how you are doing by solving papers. You'll see you'll get higher than 33 definitely. Might even go up till 40 if you are smart enough.

I finish p1 in 20 mins too, but NEVER got 40/40 mostly get between 38 to 35. I usually lose marks due to careless mistakes and on that oxidation and reduction crap,coupled with electrolysis the stuff drives me crazy :confused: help in this area will be appreciated :).

Reaction score
I'm not good at Urdu translation....I've practised loads of them but still can't figure out what the hell's up with me.....plzzz give me some tips so I could perfectly attempt that :(

Reaction score
I finish p1 in 20 mins too, but NEVER got 40/40 mostly get between 38 to 35. I usually lose marks due to careless mistakes and on that oxidation and reduction crap,coupled with electrolysis the stuff drives me crazy :confused: help in this area will be appreciated :).

You need to be really smart to get 40/40.

Because anyone can get 37. The last 3 marks are what matter the most.. and not everyone can get them! Everyone makes careless mistakes.

So as i said before, master those topics properly.. and that is how you can increase your chances of getting full marks.

I got all MCQ's correct in my Paper 1's (Both Physics Paper 1 & Chemistry Paper 1), when i gave the CIEs last year. :3
And Believe me, it is kinda tough to get 40/40 in Physics Paper 1 as compared to Chemistry Paper 1 which mostly has easy questions.
Physics Paper 1 always has at least one question which 99% people get wrong. Sometimes, Chemistry Paper 1 also has that one question which a lot of people get wrong, even A* students. All that is needed is strong concepts and the power to decide. MCQ's are all about eliminating the wrong answers and using strategies and applying knowledge. You can easily eliminate 2 of the choices even in the impossible questions.

So my point is - if you have enough grip over concepts, and can manage time and can make quick smart decisions.. then 40/40 is pretty easy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not good at Urdu translation....I've practised loads of them but still can't figure out what the hell's up with me.....plzzz give me some tips so I could perfectly attempt that :(

I didn't study a word for Urdu. Literally never practiced a thing, even in class.

Gave the paper without studying, got an A.

But i'd say memorize common phrases or something.. that's the only thing you can do!

Reaction score

I stink at urdu by birth but guess what i got an A as well and i will let you in on a secret , i don't think the examiner minds if you twist the wording but retain its meaning they are pretty lenient for urdu at least they were when checking my paper:LOL: so you dont need to know the translation of difficult phrases and words just use general and easy translations with some cleverness so as to communicate the message ,this where you need to be smart .You only need to convey whats in the passage in urdu so its not necessary to translate every word into exactly what it is in urdu for example if this sentence is to be translated: ''.....swimming makes your muscles stronger....'' you would have trouble translating muscles so if you replace ''muscles''with'' body'' or ''arms'' you can make it easy for yourself without worrying about using complex translations and saving time.Urdu olevel urdu is not hard even complete duds get As so don't worry about it too much.:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
WOW its amazing how many people are online this early in the morning :eek: and i thought i was the only one studying till 5 in the morning :cry: this make me nervous, i felt like i was working extra hard :cry::cry::cry:.

Reaction score
WOW its amazing how many people are online this early in the morning :eek: and i thought i was the only one studying till 5 in the morning :cry: this make me nervous, i felt like i was working extra hard :cry::cry::cry:.
5 in hte fvcking morning?!? That is waaaay too much. You're going to kill yourself. Study smart not insanely
Y

Reaction score
Dude any words of wisdom for biology, its got the hardest ATP and really weird questions in P2 for example :

6 (a) Explain the fact that humans breathe while plants do not.
.[3] (b) Explain why the respiration rate of humans is relatively high and constant, while that of plants may vary widely.

what i mean is that you know why but you cant put the answer on the paper , i hope you understand :confused: :LOL:.
Btw have you got any notes for bio, you must have some material right?:rolleyes:

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice. (y)

Reaction score
Guys what am I supposed to Do in section 3',whoever is giving their cies of pakstudies this year,please tell me what are you doing from section 3 I know that question 1 is compulsory but there are many irrelevant stuff in sec 3 like relations and organizations ,so if possible could anyone also tell me to do which organizations and relations

-Thanks in Advance

Myer.
U should do the relations with India USA USSR China and UN thoroughly as far as the rest of it is concerned just give a reading and do last 5 yr past papers...

Reaction score
If anyone reads this post plz reply immediately ..I have got my mock in 4 hrs n I need the answer to these pak studies questions
Why was India act 1935 important?
Why did Zia ul haq declare martial law?

Reaction score
If anyone reads this post plz reply immediately ..I have got my mock in 4 hrs n I need the answer to these pak studies questions
Why was India act 1935 important?
Why did Zia ul haq declare martial law?

You'll find the answers to these in the past papers..

Reaction score
They won't open....

You'll find the answers in the Nigel Kelly book.. but read this:

Q Why was the Government of India Act of 1935 so important to the future of the sub-continent? [7] (N2006/P1/3b)

Examiner Comments: Part (b) required candidates to explain reasons why the Government of India Act of 1935 was so important. Very few candidates tackled this question with confidence and at best only described the terms of the Act (for which only a Level 2 mark could be awarded).
Although this topic has rarely been set in the past, Centres must recognise that all elements of
the syllabus will be examined, not just the more popular ones.

Marking Key: Explains reasons.
Some provincial autonomy was granted which meant that every provincial government was
allowed to devise and carry out their own programmes and be responsible to their own legislature.
This was the first time that this had been allowed and was seen as an important
step forward. Ministers in the provinces could have control over all departments except when
governors chose to intervene in cases of public order or to veto a bill they disliked. This was
a drawback since it meant that the real power lay with the governors. However it did provide
additional rights for the local population to vote – some 5 times the previous numbers at 35
million in total. Provisions for a federal government were also established at the centre for
the first time which meant that princely states could decide to participate politically in affairs
which concerned the sub-continent. However key decisions relating to external relations and
defence were retained by the British which was a drawback.