• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Full O-Level GUIDANCE AND HELP!

Reaction score
and regarding islamiat, someone told me we should never answer the questions regarding caliphate cause we never know if the examiner is sunni or shia, we may lose marks in that question because of difference in opinion regarding caliphate

Reaction score
Some questions don't even require REASONS.
For example, when you have to compare the three reformers, you just give an intro para, and one para to each three, and then a conclusion - Total 5 paragraphs!

But if you get a question like reasons for mughal decline, write 7 if you can.. But the most important thing is explaining each reason clearly and giving the conclusion in the end. Merely stating the reasons is not enough.

Personally, when i gave the paper, i didn't write more than 5 reasons for any 14 mark question. Still got an A*.

Some teachers say 5 reasons, some say 7. So just go with 7, to be on the safe side.
dude you're awesome !! thanx for helping yar...

Reaction score
and regarding islamiat, someone told me we should never answer the questions regarding caliphate cause we never know if the examiner is sunni or shia, we may lose marks in that question because of difference in opinion regarding caliphate

I don't think anything like that happens.

dude you're awesome !! thanx for helping yar...

You're welcome. :D

Reaction score
You want to know the details of how i 'aced' commerce. Lol!

This is what i did.

I read like three or four chapters from that thin blue book the night before exam and literally fell asleep at 3 am... and then skimmed through the blue book in half an hour in the car (for the first time) while going to my exam center .. and gave Paper 2 just like that.
Wrote whatever came to my mind. Loads of choice, 4 out of 8 questions. :p I could only make sense of 3 of them.. wrote crap in the 4th one..
I had three papers on the day I had commerce Paper 1, so I did nothing for that. :3

For this reason, i got just an A in Commerce. Didn't really 'ace' it.

But i do know the 'Path' for someone like you.

Read the whole book, whichever book you have. Master it. If not, then throw it away and go straight to past papers.
Open a Paper 2. Solve it question by question. Write the answer down, and check it from marking scheme.

Or a simpler shortcut, skim through all the marking schemes. Read all the questions, and get a general idea in your mind.. or write down in points.. and then see from marking scheme. You'll see that many questions would be repeating. Questions repeat in Commerce a lot. If you do this for all marking schemes, and read the book to, you can get an A* in Commerce, if not a Distinction. But you have to be smart!

Yeah i like the advice about going through marking schemes tried it out on 2012 past papers quite helpful ,gives you the general idea and not that boring.(y)

Reaction score
Like how much I should write and how many quotes should be added ??

Already told you that you have to write 2 pages at least.
The content is what matters.

Whatever the question asks, describe every point in detail. For example, if you get a question on the persecution of the Prophet by the Quraish, write all the points and describe them in detail.

About the quotes, not every question requires quotes. Like the one I mentioned above does not need any quotes.

But, it's your choice. Just add as many as you can think of. 3-4 should be more than enough, though.

Personally, i did not memorize any quotes.. and just took a few from the question 1.. and manipulated and added them to my answers somehow. I ended up with an A, even though i had totally screwed up like two of my 10 mark questions pretty badly, and had not studied much for Islamiyat.

Reaction score
how many points should be written in the 3, 4 and 6 mark question in geography ?

Reaction score
why did the EIC become involved in the indian subcontinent during the seventeenth century ? i freaking hate this question ! a good answer for this please ?

Reaction score
I have seen people even practice 6-7 years of papers and still end up with a B in EM.
I personally did not do a single paper, and only studied for 3 days (skipped biosphere) but got an A*, even though i was definitely expecting a B in it.
So, EM is kind of an unpredictable subject.

The questions that come in EM are mostly not from the book. They are general questions.. Nearly all you need to solve Paper 2 is given on the first two pages.
Paper 1 does have a bit of the book content, but Section B of it is completely general.

Even after reading the book, some people will not be able to score highly on Paper 2. Literally every year the questions are different. This is not the type of subject where questions would just repeat. Every time, there is a new scenario, and new questions.
Others will easily score on Paper 2.

But still, the way you can increase your odds of an A* is MASTER the entire book by reading it thoroughly and then solve as many papers as you can.
Write the answers down and check the marking schemes to see how many marks you got. No other way!
Knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Economics, Business studies, Geography will surely help you in Environmental Management.
People who don't study sciences find it hard to score an A in EM, since it is kind of a scientific subject.
Economics helped me a bit in it too. Some questions were related to 'Why should the government improve this industry' and stuff, in Paper 1, when i gave the exam. And i just went ahead and inserted Economics terms, 'Will help raise GDP', 'More employment'.. Blah blah..

So my point is.. you have to be smart to get an A* in it. Work smart, not hard. It is not History that you can just memorize answers and get an A*.
It requires actual thinking and stimulation of the mind.

Try and solve a paper or two to see how many marks you get. If you get an A* in practice papers, you can get one in CIE as well. Good Luck!

Thank you. And yes I have seen kids work their butt off for EM but still end up with a B.

Reaction score
Guys what am I supposed to Do in section 3',whoever is giving their cies of pakstudies this year,please tell me what are you doing from section 3 I know that question 1 is compulsory but there are many irrelevant stuff in sec 3 like relations and organizations ,so if possible could anyone also tell me to do which organizations and relations

-Thanks in Advance

Myer.