• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

For Science Students

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Though a great majority of people, regardless of their religion, consider Darwin as the originator of the idea of evolution, Shanavas reminds us that Darwin (1809-1882) and his grandfather Erasmus Darwin were influenced by the work of Muslim scientists who lived centuries before them. For instance, Dr. Shanavas quotes from John William Draper (1812-1883), first president of American Chemical Society, a contemporary of Darwin, and a former president of New York University summarizes the deliberately induced academic amnesia in the West. Draper acknowledges the fact that Muslims described the theory of evolution in their schools centuries before the West did:

“I have to deplore the systematic manner in which the literature of Europe has contrived to put out of sight our scientific obligations to the Muhammadans. Surely they cannot be much longer hidden. Injustice founded on religious rancor and national conceit cannot be perpetuated forever.”(Draper, John William. The Intellectual Development of Europe, p. 42.)

i have nothing against muslim scientists as long as they use reason which did not last long, the link directly to darwin is not established but claimed and any sensible person/nation will take the material of an advanced civilization of any era current or past, to use it to enhance himself/itself, that was the basis of the House of Wisom of the Islamic golden era

as for the quran, it clearly states man was made from clay, so evolution is NOT supported in the quran
http://quranalhakeem.com/darwin-theory-is-against-the-word-of-allah/

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/10/man-created-from-dust-and-water/

and using vague terms and metaphors is what ALL religions do so that everyone stays confused enough to be left bewildered and add to it blasphemy, then you have a closed system for social control, had allah been real he would have clearly sorted out the issue of predestination and free-will, he would have not said to consumate marriage with underage girls, the almighty has a problem with homosexuals? really?, he is racist too, hates jews? hahah laughable, what about the verse where sin is pre-ordained and still he punishes his people, what is wrong with this guy?

Last edited:
Reaction score
But we all made up of water too, do you expect Allah to mention in his book the word 'carbon'. this is a man made made word and quran is not a book of science and Allah has made it easier for all his slaves to understand things, thats why both literate and illiterate and get its meaning

the whole verse was
(Quran 21:30) Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the Earth were of one connected entity, then We separated them and We made every living thing out of water? Will they not then believe?

using water as a resource and accumulating in your body is one thing and being made out of it is another, the primordial soup was NOT water and ancient hydrothermal vents were not simple water either, go read about extremophiles!!

he can mention atoms and even things smaller than atoms to illiterate people but not carbon? carbon was discovered in 3750BC !! ... your research is incomplete at best

and let us assume for a second that they would have no inkling as to what the hell carbon is, all he had to say it was "found in the times of the pharoahs a dark earth substance, that is what you are made out of" and then muslims like you would have another miracle (a plausible one at that)

and if the quran is clear and simple as it claims why is it so full of metaphors, if god wanted people to work hard, he should have said "here look at this plant/animal, now dissect it and analyze it you ignorant infant killers" and he also could have said "don't you dare have sex with a girl until she is financially independent and able to support herself", he also could have commanded "teach your women to become warriors so that they are not afraid and frail all the damn time"

Last edited:

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
religion is irrelevant really specailly for science because science quesitons everything but religion says have faith in god/gods or else, faith can be defined as:-

strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

so science requires proof whereas religion requires faith
science questions everything whereras religion condemns questioning and punishes for apostasy (death in islam)
both are incompatible since science breeds a rational individual and religion breeds an emotionally compromised drone who not willing to compromise his/her logic, biases or perception based upon the evidence of reality

for example the islamic golden era was there NOT because of the quran but because of the scientists who questioned everything, when did the scientific era begin to fade away? when the Ashariya school of thought subjugated the Mutazila school of thought for being too rational and questioning the quran ... hence, the uneducated muslim world of today whose major contribution is terrorism, you can argue the geopolitics all you want but had the technological advancement NOT been stopped no one would have had technology/skill/resources to mess with muslims

so now you can go on and believe in the so called scientific miracles of the quran waiting for your allah to help or you can actually learn the science necessary to take islam towards tolerance and progress

I really dont think you have studied islam.... you paint it with the same brush as christianity.. its christianity that says not to question it... in islam we are ASKED to think to reflect... to ponder upon things.. in fact we are rebuked if we dont think and act like cattle...

"Say, [O Muhammad], "I do not tell you that I have the depositories [containing the provision] of Allah or that I know the unseen, nor do I tell you that I am an angel. I only follow what is revealed to me." Say, "Is the blind equivalent to the seeing? Then will you not give thought?"" (Quran6:50)

Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how He began creation. Then Allah will produce the final creation. Indeed Allah , over all things, is competent." (29:20)

and wow how quickly you move to death in islam..... if islam really wanted killings and there are billions of muslims on this earth... I dont suppose human civilization would exist (apart from us muslims :D LOL)... dont take stuff that you ahve no knowledge of out of context just to frame your irrational misjudgment... or maybe you can bring some statistical proof of what percentage of ppl have been killed by muslim courts for apostasy...

and fyi great minds like einstein and newton and many muslim scientists were all firm believers in religion coz it makes sense.... and especially islam is totally compatible with science... in fact it is science that leads so many ppl to islam in this age...
and not just scientists... great philosophers like aristotle and socrates etc all believed in religion.... there is a reason.. and until you are open minded enough to ask why they believed so and what they were thinking.. you will stay averse to the idea... it sounds cool to say religion is the opium of masses... but for us muslims it has been what made us great... coz we have VERY different beliefs... which clearly u are unaware of...

anyway why dont you tell me how you were created? where we came from and where are we heading?

Reaction score
I really dont think you have studied islam.... you paint it with the same brush as christianity.. its christianity that says not to question it... in islam we are ASKED to think to reflect... to ponder upon things.. in fact we are rebuked if we dont think and act like cattle...

"Say, [O Muhammad], "I do not tell you that I have the depositories [containing the provision] of Allah or that I know the unseen, nor do I tell you that I am an angel. I only follow what is revealed to me." Say, "Is the blind equivalent to the seeing? Then will you not give thought?"" (Quran6:50)

Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how He began creation. Then Allah will produce the final creation. Indeed Allah , over all things, is competent." (29:20)

5:101 O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you, will distress you. But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be shown to you. Allah has pardoned that which is past; and Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing.

3:7 It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.

the idea of these verses is not to ask too many questions, the reason being that muhammad could not answer all questions, simple
almost every religion does something like this since it is a tool for social control and nothing more

normally i don't bother but when people just start pointing out the scientific miracles of the quran, etc then i have to point it out

and wow how quickly you move to death in islam..... if islam really wanted killings and there are billions of muslims on this earth... I dont suppose human civilization would exist (apart from us muslims :D LOL)... dont take stuff that you ahve no knowledge of out of context just to frame your irrational misjudgment... or maybe you can bring some statistical proof of what percentage of ppl have been killed by muslim courts for apostasy...

and fyi great minds like einstein and newton and many muslim scientists were all firm believers in religion coz it makes sense.... and especially islam is totally compatible with science... in fact it is science that leads so many ppl to islam in this age...
and not just scientists... great philosophers like aristotle and socrates etc all believed in religion.... there is a reason.. and until you are open minded enough to ask why they believed so and what they were thinking.. you will stay averse to the idea... it sounds cool to say religion is the opium of masses... but for us muslims it has been what made us great... coz we have VERY different beliefs... which clearly u are unaware of...

anyway why dont you tell me how you were created? where we came from and where are we heading?

violence is not only the problem of islam but most dominant religions that is how they become dominant in the first place by subjugation, conquest, proxy wars, etc

islam is still in its medieval period just like christianity was, so it is still violent

and it is easy to come to violence in islam because it prescribes it in the most convoluted vague manner possible leading to interpretations, contradictions, allowing enough idiots to commit violent acts and where are the so called vast majority of muslims challenging extremism? well they are busy claiming the "miracles of quran" rather than reforming this violent religion

i have answered the other questions you have raised, quite thoroughly in this thread (though that was not the intent of this thread), do your research before making a statement or asking the same questions repeatedly, you do that at any workplace or at a top tier university you will be sounded off in an instant

Reaction score
angels???? really???

i do not see that here, you have made a mistake, please check

35:1 - [All] praise is [due] to Allah , Creator of the heavens and the earth, [who] made the angels messengers having wings, two or three or four. He increases in creation what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.
35:2 - Whatever Allah grants to people of mercy - none can withhold it; and whatever He withholds - none can release it thereafter. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
35:3 - O mankind, remember the favor of Allah upon you. Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the heaven and earth? There is no deity except Him, so how are you deluded?
keep reading, its not far away

Reaction score
and using vague terms and metaphors is what ALL religions do so that everyone stays confused enough to be left bewildered and add to it blasphemy, then you have a closed system for social control, had allah been real he would have clearly sorted out the issue of predestination and free-will, he would have not said to consumate marriage with underage girls, the almighty has a problem with homosexuals? really?, he is racist too, hates jews? hahah laughable, what about the verse where sin is pre-ordained and still he punishes his people, what is wrong with this guy?
Take it easy man, we're still on evolution

Reaction score
Quran says Allah is al khaliq(the creator)

It also says Allah is al Bari( the evolver)

For the Muslim there is no need for separation between religion and science. It is understood from the Quran, revealed over 1,400 years ago, that there is both; "Creation" and "Evolution." And in both instances, it is only Allah who is "Able to do all things."

The Quran has set a precedent 14 centuries before modern science, explaining in simple and direct terms about his "creation" of animals and their various functions and then assures us it is He who has the Power over everything. This statement includes the fact Allah can if He Wills, reshape and alter his creation as He Chooses. There is clear evidence within many species of alteration and changes within the species. However, there is no concrete evidence to support a cross over in development from one type to another, such as reptiles turning into birds or alligators turning into cows.

Allah tells us He is Al-Bari, (The Shaper or Evolver) but once again, this does not mean He has a need to bring about each individual life form all from one kind.
So we come to the conclusion that the theory of evolution is not entirely true especially when it talks about the common ancestor, to which science has no prove and it is called a theory for a good reason

And there is no contradiction amongst the muslims between the quran and the theory

and Allah states clearly: “O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women.” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 1]

Reaction score
Take it easy man, we're still on evolution
these problems are there you can sugar coat them whichever way you want not that it matters to me but muslims just turn a blind eye as do followers of other religions

and i have mentioned these problems before in my messages i think almost three to four times, the fact that you have noticed this now means you have the skipping-reading habbit or the typical teenage lazy/shortcut mindset, the way all of us have been evolved to approach problems due to our brains being inclined towards impulsive pattern recognition

most of your arguments have been based upon rhetoric as well not enough facts not enough dissection but then again religious people tend to be that way, it is simply bias and the inability to break down information into smaller pieces

as a trial doubt everything in your religion and the way your brain works will improve by leaps and bounds, it is matter of being trained vs untrained

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quran says Allah is al khaliq(the creator)

It also says Allah is al Bari( the evolver)

For the Muslim there is no need for separation between religion and science. It is understood from the Quran, revealed over 1,400 years ago, that there is both; "Creation" and "Evolution." And in both instances, it is only Allah who is "Able to do all things."
this is the very reason islamic science is where it is, you can either spend your time worrying about the miracles of the quran of which there are none or you can actually learn/do some science, you are at that age so was i once (the logical/maturity part of the brain develops till a person's mid thirties), so have been many other people, all those who were logical enough had to accept the quran is irrational nonsense, in any case it is your problem

rhetoric means nothing in science

Reaction score
the quran is irrational nonsense
May be u can show me a less of your scepticism
You won't understand the Quran, unless and untill u understand yourself and unless and until you understand God....because the quran is a book where of there is no doubt and its verses are evidences and proof for those who believe and for those who Allah guide
If you are right then you should proof to me God's non existence...proof to me this entity which we all call god does not exist

Reaction score
May be u can show me a less of your scepticism
You won't understand the Quran, unless and untill u understand yourself and unless and until you understand God....because the quran is a book where of there is no doubt and its verses are evidences and proof for those who believe and for those who Allah guide
If you are right then you should proof to me God's non existence...proof to me this entity which we all call god does not exist
this is exactly the type of irrationality i am talking about
when you make a claim (hypothesis) you prove it if you cannot prove it, the hypothesis will be rejected, i nor anyone else needs to disprove something that has not been proven in the first place, if you want a logical explanation or a philosophical discussion about gods then there are many books out there read them

as for the irrational nonsense of the quran i have pointed it out enough number of times already, answer those contradictions to yourself because it is your faith not mine, i know it is utter crap

and skepticism is the very basis of freedom of thought, it is that religious training that says "o you know be a little bit less skeptic have some faith" when the very definition of faith is irrationality and superstition, why should anyone do that to themselves and the idea of god being imperceivable and all the other crap is the very thing religious leaders use to shut people up (not to mention use it to get away with criminal acts) because they do not have all the answers, NO ONE does, that is why we question things relentlessly till we find the answer no matter how long it takes

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is getting way out of limits. We all shall know the truth once we die. Okay?
End this nonsense now.

Reaction score
This is getting way out of limits. We all shall know the truth once we die. Okay?
End this nonsense now.
who cares if your feelings get hurt, if your religion gets questioned AFTER a person following your religion makes false claims, you defend it with evidence but in the end the only response religious people have is "my god is the true god so shut up", believing to see something as evidence when it isn't doesn't turn it into evidence

why on earth should religion be off limits? it is this very dogmatic approach that has ruined muslim nations, the idiotic "hurt feelings" card is nonsensical

go ahead watch the many debates between people of faith and those without, read books that discuss both points, strengthen your arguments,stop being spineless and grow up

and a religion that actually goes on to develop a legislative system based upon its beliefs of racism, discrimination, homophobia, marrying underage girls, killing apostates, treating women inferior, chopping off hands, etc definitely needs to be discussed and its merits needs to be checked more thoroughly than anything else; not to mention that violent individuals/groups can use that same religion to kill as they please while the so called "moderate" majority stays silent just because you cannot question this religion because it will hurt someone's feelings

Last edited:
Reaction score
who cares if your feelings get hurt, if your religion gets questioned AFTER a person following your religion makes false claims, you defend it with evidence but in the end the only response religious people have is "my god is the true god so shut up", believing to see something as evidence when it isn't doesn't turn it into evidence

why on earth should religion be off limits? it is this very dogmatic approach that has ruined muslim nations, the idiotic "hurt feelings" card is nonsensical

go ahead watch the many debates between people of faith and those without, read books that discuss both points, strengthen your arguments,stop being spineless and grow up

and a religion that actually goes on to develop a legislative system based upon its beliefs of racism, discrimination, homophobia, marrying underage girls, killing apostates, treating women inferior, chopping off hands, etc definitely needs to be discussed and its merits needs to be checked more thoroughly than anything else; not to mention that violent individuals/groups can use that same religion to kill as they please while the so called "moderate" majority stays silent just because you cannot question this religion because it will hurt someone's feelings
Trying to prove someone a point who's already made up his mind he won't change his beliefs is just like teaching maths to a donkey. So yes, neither you're gonna turn down your beliefs nor will we.
We have been given a code of life and we proudly follow it; We know where we're heading (according to our religion) whereas you're abandoned. You have no ideology / concept to comprehend what will happen once you die.

Yes, we have restrictions/laws.
But How do people who don't believe in God live? Enjoy the liberty? Do whatever you want? No concept of sins? Without anything restricting you, wouldn't you become a monster... Roaming on streets, doing crimes, killing people, do robberies, (since no fear of hands being chopped), perform adultery, (since you won't be punished to death) kill people, (you won't be punished for that either).
Wouldn't there be a chaos had there not been any religion? Before laws were introduced, it was religion that restrained people from evil.

Reaction score
Trying to prove someone a point who's already made up his mind he won't change his beliefs is just like teaching maths to a donkey. So yes, neither you're gonna turn down your beliefs nor will we.
We have been given a code of life and we proudly follow it; We know where we're heading (according to our religion) whereas you're abandoned. You have no ideology / concept to comprehend what will happen once you die.

firstly for me and others who think like me, it is not a matter of belief but that of evidence, where there is incomplete evidence then that is exactly how it will be described
belief/faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof. --- this is what we should NOT have at all

i am not over here to change anyone but i will correct someone when make a false claim

who cares what happens to me when i die, when i die that is it end of the story, this life is all we have so i would make it count rather than following irrational beliefs that contribute nothing apart from fulfilling a primitive emotional need and i would also stay away from the "code of life" that does nothing worth the while; killing homosexuals, chopping off hands, killing apostates, marrying underage girls, etc contributes absolutely NOTHING to the human condition

you can believe whatever you want that is not my problem

Yes, we have restrictions/laws.
But How do people who don't believe in God live? Enjoy the liberty? Do whatever you want? No concept of sins? Without anything restricting you, wouldn't you become a monster... Roaming on streets, doing crimes, killing people, do robberies, (since no fear of hands being chopped), perform adultery, (since you won't be punished to death) kill people, (you won't be punished for that either).

why on earth would anyone commit crimes without religion? Look at the crimes committed in the name of religion and dogmatic beliefs even if atheistic, read history and look at the current world, no rational/decent person would kill people for something they stand for or want; and before you think "what about people who are not decent?", well, very simple, you raise decent people by improving the social services and increasing the eduction; and research has proven strict punishments do little to deter crime (again this shows you know too little to even try and argue) even if implemented, additionally a criminal will commit a crime no matter what you do, so the only treatment is improving your society and it can be done without irrational beliefs, additionally the presence of dogma/irrational beliefs (this includes dogmatic atheist idiots like Stalin and Hitler and kim jong) in some form or another in almost every part of human civilization that just reinforces the idea as to why the world is such a mess, the day we decide to teach our the children the values of lucretious, democritus, spinoza, thomas paine, thomas jefferson, avicenna, ibn al-haythyum, Mo Tzu, galileo and others like them, and throw away theocracy that day we will be in a position to see if rationality leads to disaster

and if you need religion (reward/punishment) to be decent human being then YOU are the monster not the other way round

adultery??? if someone has sex with someone and they have a child, they take care of it, so it comes down to basic human decency and for that you need rationality NOT religion, as for diseases STDs can be passed even without multiple partners and while being careful, additionally no one has the right to tell any two or 3 or 4 or more adults not to engage in consensual sex ... you find non-marital sex wrong but marrying underage girls is okay??? check your own moral compass or for that matter check the moral compass of your religion, there is no justification, NONE what so ever, for consummating marriage with little girls as soon as they hit puberty and this is what you are following as a muslim

apply the age old golden rule: treat others as you would want to be treated by others .. and it takes common sense to realize this NOT a deity

Wouldn't there be a chaos had there not been any religion? Before laws were introduced, it was religion that restrained people from evil.

NO!! only an idiot would need a supreme deity to be lawful, before humans beings evolved it was a survival instinct not to harm members of a group, then as the brain developed further curiosity led to wondering what on earth the stars were and what they were there for, then using stars navigation, weather patterns were predicted and calendars were made all the while this was connected into believing that the stars were the gods since they guide us (the basis of horoscopes and early religions), then different ideas of gods were utilized for social control, read about the evolution of religious & human thought, read the Epic of Gilgamesh (a story written to glorify a Sumerian king) to understand the basis of Noah, Moses, adam/eve, etc

religion is basically a survival /social control technique that emphasizes something greater than us exclusively for us, this thought pattern is rooted in our brain's tendency to be impulsive, short-cut seeking and pattern recognizing organ

your statements show you have little to no understanding of the real world nor do you know anything concrete about the human condition, it is understandable since you are young and have been following a dogmatic close minded world

read/explore/understand the world around you or not, eitherway it is your problem

Last edited:
Reaction score
firstly for me and others who think like me, it is not a matter of belief but that of evidence, where there is incomplete evidence then that is exactly how it will be described
belief/faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof. --- this is what we should NOT have at all

i am not over here to change anyone but i will correct someone when make a false claim

who cares what happens to me when i die, when i die that is it end of the story, this life is all we have so i would make it count rather than following irrational beliefs that contribute nothing apart from fulfilling a primitive emotional need and i would also stay away from the "code of life" that does nothing worth the while; killing homosexuals, chopping off hands, killing apostates, marrying underage girls, etc contributes absolutely NOTHING to the human condition

you can believe whatever you want that is not my problem

why on earth would anyone commit crimes without religion? Look at the crimes committed in the name of religion and dogmatic beliefs even if atheistic, read history and look at the current world, no rational/decent person would kill people for something they stand for or want; and before you think "what about people who are not decent?", well, very simple, you raise decent people by improving the social services and increasing the eduction; and research has proven strict punishments do little to deter crime (again this shows you know too little to even try and argue) even if implemented, additionally a criminal will commit a crime no matter what you do, so the only treatment is improving your society and it can be done without irrational beliefs, additionally the presence of dogma/irrational beliefs (this includes dogmatic atheist idiots like Stalin and Hitler and kim jong) in some form or another in almost every part of human civilization that just reinforces the idea as to why the world is such a mess, the day we decide to teach our the children the values of lucretious, democritus, spinoza, thomas paine, thomas jefferson, avicenna, ibn al-haythyum, Mo Tzu, galileo and others like them, and throw away theocracy that day we will be in a position to see if rationality leads to disaster

and if you need religion (reward/punishment) to be decent human being then YOU are the monster not the other way round

adultery??? if someone has sex with someone and they have a child, they take care of it, so it comes down to basic human decency and for that you need rationality NOT religion, as for diseases STDs can be passed even without multiple partners and by being careful, additionally no one has the right to tell any two or 3 or 4 or more adults not to engage in consensual sex ... you find non-marital sex wrong but marrying underage girls is okay??? check your own moral compass or for that matter check the moral compass of your religion, there is no justification, NONE what so ever, for consummating marriage with little girls as soon as they hit puberty and this is what you are following as a muslim

apply the age old golden rule: treat others as you would want to be treated by others .. and it takes common sense to realize this NOT a deity

NO!! only an idiot would need a supreme deity to be lawful, before humans beings evolved it was a survival instinct not to harm members of a group, then as the brain developed further curiosity led to wondering what on earth the stars were and what they were there for, then using stars navigation, weather patterns were predicted and calendars were made all the while this was connected into believing that the stars were the gods since they guide us (the basis of horoscopes and early religions), then different ideas of gods were utilized for social control, read about the evolution of religious & human thought, read the Epic of Gilgamesh (a story written to glorify a Sumerian king) to understand the basis of Noah, Moses, adam/eve, etc

religion is basically a survival /social control technique that emphasizes something greater than us exclusively for us, this thought pattern is rooted in our brain's tendency to be impulsive, short-cut seeking and pattern recognizing organ

your statements show you have little to no understanding of the real world nor do you know anything concrete about the human condition, it is understandable since you are young and have been following a dogmatic close minded world

read/explore/understand the world around you or not, eitherway it is your problem
Yes you're right, I have no knowledge. You're the only one with the brains. Whatever pleases you man :)

Reaction score
Yes you're right, I have no knowledge. You're the only one with the brains. Whatever pleases you man :)
No! it is not a matter of having brains but a matter of being informed and trained enough to justify your position/actions with evidence/rationale ... if you can argue your position for example like Christopher Hitchens or Noam Chomsky or Richard Dawkins, challenge your beliefs that give you a purpose and then give your life the purpose you want it to have, then there is very little that can stop you on your road to self-determination

Last edited:
Reaction score
No! it is not a matter of having brains but a matter of being informed and trained enough to justify your position/actions with evidence/rationale ... if you can argue your position for example like Christopher Hitchens or Noam Chomsky or Richard Dawkins, challenge your beliefs that give you a purpose and then give your life the purpose you want it to have, then there is very little that can stop you on your road to self-determination
Man with all respect, this is why I suggested to stop discussion on this topic and discuss something more fruitful.... Since this is headed nowhere.

I'm a Muslim and proud of being the way I am. I have full faith in my beliefs.

Reaction score
using water as a resource and accumulating in your body is one thing and being made out of it is another, the primordial soup was NOT water and ancient hydrothermal vents were not simple water either, go read about extremophiles!!

he can mention atoms and even things smaller than atoms to illiterate people but not carbon? carbon was discovered in 3750BC !! ... your research is incomplete at best

and let us assume for a second that they would have no inkling as to what the hell carbon is, all he had to say it was "found in the times of the pharoahs a dark earth substance, that is what you are made out of" and then muslims like you would have another miracle (a plausible one at that)

and if the quran is clear and simple as it claims why is it so full of metaphors, if god wanted people to work hard, he should have said "here look at this plant/animal, now dissect it and analyze it you ignorant infant killers" and he also could have said "don't you dare have sex with a girl until she is financially independent and able to support herself", he also could have commanded "teach your women to become warriors so that they are not afraid and frail all the damn time"
this is exactly the type of irrationality i am talking about
when you make a claim (hypothesis) you prove it if you cannot prove it, the hypothesis will be rejected, i nor anyone else needs to disprove something that has not been proven in the first place, if you want a logical explanation or a philosophical discussion about gods then there are many books out there read them

as for the irrational nonsense of the quran i have pointed it out enough number of times already, answer those contradictions to yourself because it is your faith not mine, i know it is utter crap
I've started thinking that your an insane person...really

Status
Not open for further replies.