• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

-For everyone who gave Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat last year!

Reaction score
-For everyone who gave Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat last year,
any advice at all for the preparation?:eek: Im giving them this year and would greatly appreciate any piece of advice you can offer :) So pleaseee, help :s Any tips? Books? Or any sort of help :)

Thank Youuuu! :')

Reaction score
Getting A star without bajwa book in history is a bit difficult. Do all the possible questions from whichever sections you are preparing. practice to do each 14 marks question in 25-20 min (it seems impossible in start :D ) and 7 marks in 5-7 minutes. 4 marks question wouldn't even take 2-3 mins if you know it.
Geo just needs past paper practice with mark scheme
start doing reading for urdu and practice imla. you can get A* easily if you make urdu reading and imla a habit. just take 30 minutes for urdu

Read alot of material for islamiat. try to read as much books and get all the knowledge you can get. Practice of doing tricky question is very very essential. If you don't have practice to understand the question, quickly doing brain storming and then writing accurately without leaving any points, you will be in trouble. you have very very less time in islamiat.
manage to end you revision a week before exams and do not be depressed. get full night sleep and be confident.

before exams think that you know nothing. in examination days, think that you know everything.
good luck.

Reaction score
Islamiat: david thomas's book,yasmeen malik redspot yearly+notes of any well recognized teacher sir muzamil and iftikharul haq in lahore

Pak Stud: nigel kelly and bajwa for detailed questions + nigel smith for 4 marks question new questions are made from it+notes+yearly
for geo huma naz sethi+past papers with marking scheme
believe me even if you go through all of this A*is a joke..
pray for me kal mera inhe subjects ka result hai :'(

Reaction score
Islamiat: david thomas's book,yasmeen malik redspot yearly+notes of any well recognized teacher sir muzamil and iftikharul haq in lahore

Pak Stud: nigel kelly and bajwa for detailed questions + nigel smith for 4 marks question new questions are made from it+notes+yearly
for geo huma naz sethi+past papers with marking scheme
believe me even if you go through all of this A*is a joke..
pray for me kal mera inhe subjects ka result hai :'(
and remember it is better to cram verse or quotation no too where do you live i can advice an acadmy too..

Reaction score
there is a list of 180 solved 4 mark history questions by aliya azhar available in the market and it is only for 100 ruppees ... try buying it for revision

Reaction score
i GOT 2 3* in pak isl and bio my advice to a lot of RATAification and past papers

Reaction score
-For everyone who gave Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat last year,
any advice at all for the preparation?:eek: Im giving them this year and would greatly appreciate any piece of advice you can offer :) So pleaseee, help :s Any tips? Books? Or any sort of help :)

Thank Youuuu! :')
The main thing about these two papers is the pattern or format in which you answer the question. For this you need practice, practice and practice. Knowledge is very important but if you don't know how to use that knowledge to answer the question, it is lost. So take time to practice daily.

Nigel Kelly book is the best to follow as a main for history, along with other reference books.
Farkhanda Noor for islamiyat, along with Yasmin Malik's and Ayesha Tariq's. David thomas is also good.
Geography has Environment of Pakistan as the best one, mostly followed.

I got an A* in isl but B in pst (whole section three left too lazy to complete it. Learned my lesson though.)

It is very very important to check the CIE marking schemes, they tell you all the notes, points you must include and techniques on how to tackle a question. Hope this helps. :)

Reaction score
The main thing about these two papers is the pattern or format in which you answer the question. For this you need practice, practice and practice. Knowledge is very important but if you don't know how to use that knowledge to answer the question, it is lost. So take time to practice daily.

Nigel Kelly book is the best to follow as a main for history, along with other reference books.
Farkhanda Noor for islamiyat, along with Yasmin Malik's and Ayesha Tariq's. David thomas is also good.
Geography has Environment of Pakistan as the best one, mostly followed.

It is very very important to check the CIE marking schemes, they tell you all the notes, points you must include and techniques on how to tackle a question. Hope this helps. :)

I am also giving these subjects this year. I have like 7 months, going to give these subjects in oct/nov but I want to start studying now as I want to get a A*. So any tips for me or somethin :D . One more thing as I am not giving them privately and I am in a school, I have to also study the science subjects ( going to give them next year ) to get good marks in final so i can get promoted to the next class. So should i start studying now for the three subjects I am going to give first (this year) which are urdu, isl & pak studies or I should not worry about it for the time being and concentrate on school & start studying when like 2 months are left? :D

Reaction score
well:

for geography, make ur u grasp the concepts and there details, no rote-learning... cz the qs are general and u acn get stuck in them

history: dont skip anything, keep revising each and everything,finish it completely at least 4-5times... use Nigel Kelly only and 4mark qs revision which is mentioned above

isl: do use farkhanda noor for pillars and articles of faith..! make sure u dont skip anything related to qs2 of both pprs(the thing I skipped came in both pprs so I ws caught off guard =/)..
try getting notes of dr.iftikhar or sir muzzamil and use the fr study..!!

Good Luck!
~MZ

p.s:
result ws A*'s in both sbjcts...

Reaction score
I am also giving these subjects this year. I have like 7 months, going to give these subjects in oct/nov but I want to start studying now as I want to get a A*. So any tips for me or somethin :D . One more thing as I am not giving them privately and I am in a school, I have to also study the science subjects ( going to give them next year ) to get good marks in final so i can get promoted to the next class. So should i start studying now for the three subjects I am going to give first (this year) which are urdu, isl & pak studies or I should not worry about it for the time being and concentrate on school & start studying when like 2 months are left? :D
Hey :) if you are going to give Science subjects next year then my strong advice to you: don't leave them behind. Science is all about concepts and slightest inattentiveness can cost you.
However you should not leave the upcoming papers till the very end because they require practice, and by the time you give them, schools will have started and the focus will be on Sciences.
Try allotting time to all of them at the current moment. If you complete the syllabus soon then it won't be so difficult. As the vacations approach, give more time to Pst Urdu and Isl. If you continue through the vacation (which I know is very difficult :( but what we gotta do) you can achieve good grades.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
my suggestion WRITE brief
P.S. A in both subjects
Can you tell me why brief? I like the sound of that, I personally think CIE prefers brief. On the other hand it's Pakistan studies and about knowledge. but all the advice i have been given till now is write all and long.

Reaction score
Hey :) if you are going to give Science subjects next year then my strong advice to you: don't leave them behind. Science is all about concepts and slightest inattentiveness can cost you.
However you should not leave the upcoming papers till the very end because they require practice, and by the time you give them, schools will have started and the focus will be on Sciences.
Try allotting time to all of them at the current moment. If you complete the syllabus soon then it won't be so difficult. As the vacations approach, give more time to Pst Urdu and Isl. If you continue through the vacation (which I know is very difficult :( but what we gotta do) you can achieve good grades.

Hope this helps.
but advice would be great if the month would noy be february. now it's too late to start focusing on sciences. we should give equal importance to all subjects till jan and then do pst n isl only.

Reaction score
Can you tell me why brief? I like the sound of that, I personally think CIE prefers brief. On the other hand it's Pakistan studies and about knowledge. but all the advice i have been given till now is write all and long.
i wrote 1 and half page for a 14 marks question (at most)

Reaction score
u should be good at describing and ur level should be 5. nothing else matter. if u like to be brief and can present all info in less words, it's alright. cie examiners will maybe get impressed by it. but focus on level 5 more.

Reaction score
but advice would be great if the month would noy be february. now it's too late to start focusing on sciences. we should give equal importance to all subjects till jan and then do pst n isl only.
But the student here whom I actually replied is giving pst and Isl in nov not in May June.

Reaction score
there is a list of 180 solved 4 mark history questions by aliya azhar available in the market and it is only for 100 ruppees ... try buying it for revision
please do tel in which market is it available in lahore.

Reaction score
please do tel in which market is it available in lahore.
its in defence.... Phase 1 market (H block) below warid franchise and near red apple and shezan regale.. they also deliver it at ur place ... if you want the number i can msg u