• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

First Language English IGCSE

Reaction score
For FLE, Paper 2, question 2, the number of sides the answer should be written within is not specified. Can we write upto two sides (i.e. on sheet)?
Immediate answers will appreciated!

Reaction score
u just have to write the effect of 3 words for both 2a n 2b....y do u need to write 2 pages....u can do so..but u wont be able to finish the xm

Reaction score
hey!! I have my FLE paper 2 tomorrow ! can u tell me what sort of questions were there?
Thanks!

Reaction score
u just have to write the effect of 3 words for both 2a n 2b....y do u need to write 2 pages....u can do so..but u wont be able to finish the xm
No. Not two pages! Two sides. That is one page. I asked because the question doesn't specify the length of the answer like other questions.

Reaction score
But I can't write it within one side. Its too less for me. I often end up writing 1 and quarter sides or 1 and half sides. I won't be penalised for that, right? That's all I want to know.

Reaction score
happy to help....lucky u! i find it hrd finishing just one side!
That's surprising. Do you do the development and overview part of it? Development is basically trying to explain the term/quotation you're using and overview is what it makes you think or what you understand from the term/quotation in the passage or paragraph as a whole. I can give you an example if you want it.

Reaction score
That's surprising. Do you do the development and overview part of it? Development is basically trying to explain the term/quotation you're using and overview is what it makes you think or what you understand from the term/quotation in the passage or paragraph as a whole. I can give you an example if you want it.
plz giv me an example....i cn see wt u mean, bt an example wud help!

Reaction score
Alright. This is the question paper I solved (take a look at the question and the text so you know what I'm saying) - http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...sh - First Language (0500)/0500_w10_qp_22.pdf
Question 2 b. One of the terms I quoted was 'magnificent' and this is what I wrote about it.

The author uses the adjective 'magnificent' to describe the vastness of the beach, the golden colour of the sand and hint marvelous beauty. A point to be noted is that the word is often associated with kings and so is the colour: gold. Therefore, 'magnificent' fits perfectly into context, implying something luxurious and awe-inspiring, like kings and royalty.

Reaction score
Alright. This is the question paper I solved (take a look at the question and the text so you know what I'm saying) - http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/English - First Language (0500)/0500_w10_qp_22.pdf
Question 2 b. One of the terms I quoted was 'magnificent' and this is what I wrote about it.

The author uses the adjective 'magnificent' to describe the vastness of the beach, the golden colour of the sand and hint marvelous beauty. A point to be noted is that the word is often associated with kings and so is the colour: gold. Therefore, 'magnificent' fits perfectly into context, implying something luxurious and awe-inspiring, like kings and royalty.
ok wow! i wudnt hav been able to think tht deep....bt thnx fr the example, i gt where u r cumin frm.....:)

Reaction score
It is advisable to write one sides..For directed writing..there are many types...e.g-argumentative, dicursive, persuasive, letters, official report, news report, diary entries, articles, dialogues, interviews, etc.

Reaction score
ok wow! i wudnt hav been able to think tht deep....bt thnx fr the example, i gt where u r cumin frm.....:)
Lol, thanks. :3 And no problem. :) I just hope I can do something similar tomorrow. #nervous. What scares me is Question 1 in Paper 2 because it asks for answers which need really deep thinking and yet at the same time requires evidence from the text.