• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

First Language English(0500)- Post your doubts here:

Reaction score
Haha I'll try my best and submit them to you as soon as I can..you can solve other papers till then..the more recent ones..
hello! I also have English first language exams, I also worked the 2013 paper but I don't have anybody to correct it. Would you mind having a look at it. (I sent it by email...) Thanks a lot for your help...I'm not brilliant in english but I can help you with any other subjects (chemistry, business, maths, add maths)

Reaction score
Any tips to write a good narrative essay for paper 3?
To write a good narrative essay you must keep the features of a narrative in mind like:
i) It must have a sequence of events
ii) It must contain speech (dialogues)
iii) It must have description of atleast one place, character, etc.

http://www.word-mart.com/html/narrative_essay.html

For more features and information on narrative writing go to this site^

Reaction score
hello! I also have English first language exams, I also worked the 2013 paper but I don't have anybody to correct it. Would you mind having a look at it. (I sent it by email...) Thanks a lot for your help...I'm not brilliant in english but I can help you with any other subjects (chemistry, business, maths, add maths)
I'll try correcting it and submitting if possible :sneaky: ..message me after a while to obtain the assessment results..

Reaction score
Please tell me the paper and variant number of what you attempted..

Reaction score
hey any tips for variant 32??
appearing a few days later...
For the directed writing task..develop your style of writing..more than picking up content from the passage develop the style and accuracy of the way you write those points..more marks are awarded for style of writing than picking up content from the passage..
For the second part ie. the Narrative or Descriptive essay know the features of each and make sure to apply them in your piece of writing..examiners award more marks if features are clearly reflected ..
All the best for your exam!

Reaction score
Quite sorry if I'm late, but as far as I am aware, you shouldn't skip a line when going between two paragraphs, you should just carry on, on the next line with the indentation.
Yeah, but when CIE prints their inserts, the paragraphing is like this--

Video provides a powerful way to help you prove your point. When you click Online Video, you can paste in the embed code for the video you want to add. You can also type a keyword to search online for the video that best fits your document. To make your document look professionally produced, Word provides header, footer, cover page, and text box designs that complement each other.

For example, you can add a matching cover page, header, and sidebar. Click Insert and then choose the elements you want from the different galleries. Themes and styles also help keep your document coordinated. When you click Design and choose a new Theme, the pictures, charts, and SmartArt graphics change to match your new theme.

They leave a line between each paragraph and there's no indentation....
suppose you're right, do they cut marks for it??

Reaction score
Yeah, but when CIE prints their inserts, the paragraphing is like this--

Video provides a powerful way to help you prove your point. When you click Online Video, you can paste in the embed code for the video you want to add. You can also type a keyword to search online for the video that best fits your document. To make your document look professionally produced, Word provides header, footer, cover page, and text box designs that complement each other.

For example, you can add a matching cover page, header, and sidebar. Click Insert and then choose the elements you want from the different galleries. Themes and styles also help keep your document coordinated. When you click Design and choose a new Theme, the pictures, charts, and SmartArt graphics change to match your new theme.

They leave a line between each paragraph and there's no indentation....
suppose you're right, do they cut marks for it??

That paragraph is for, from what I can tell, ICT. Not English. You should indent your writing, what I'm trying to portray is this:

4e0ced16df315484d78594191fcc8b87.png