• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Farkhanda Noor's versus Iftikhar-ul-Haq's book?

Reaction score
I guess Noors book.... According to my knowledge... The other is good too heard that... But I did not study from it...

Reaction score
WELL honestly i m currently taking dr.iftikhar's academy session of 3 months during a lecture in the start he did told us that his book isnt the most reliable book he said there are many mistakes and some things are given in detail while others are too brief...He personally now recommends david thomas revised edition and btw he is a great teacher his knowledge i guess he should be a scholar now.....

Reaction score
Study from both the books. You'll find some direct to the point information in Dr. Iftikhar's book while FNM is more detailed. Surahs and Hadith are not good in both the books. For that acquire the notes of Sir Muzammil.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Study from both the books. You'll find some direct to the point information in Dr. Iftikhar's book while FNM is more detailed. Surahs and Hadith are not good in both the books. For that acquire the notes of Sir Muzammil.
Exactly !!

Reaction score
well sir muzammil i know him he is one of best teachers of islamiat probably IFTIKHAR AND MUZAMMIL COMBINED ARE WAYYYYY BETTER THEN THAT DAVID THOMAS..

Reaction score
yeah but he does no know much does he as u see from the book. hahahahaha :lol:

Reaction score
according to me FNM is NOT reliable as far as history of islam n caliphs is concerned............for rest it is accurate n reliable............

Reaction score
Sir Muzammil is alot better Islamiat teacher then Dr. Iftikhar is. Basically, Dr.Iftikhar is a Pakistan studies teacher and he is brilliant in that. But I would rate Sir muzammil higher than Dr. Iftikhar. I have studied under both of them so I have a pretty good idea.
@Princess Ashley. There can't be a perfect book. Otherwise, the whole cambridge system will crumble. If you want one book then you should leave Olevels and study in the matric system that has only one single book. Olevels is supposed to develop an interest in research in students. Students are required to study from different books to acquire sufficient knowledge. They don't want the rote system as it is in the matriculation system of Pakistan.

Reaction score
@ hamidali i highy doubt that iftikhar is famous for pak.std his geography is good but he is well known for islamiat and he teaches it well but i would not say he is better of sir muzammil is better they both are good and as far as grades are concerned ifti has already beaten up 3000 mark for his students scoring As and A stars though recently in oct/nov 2010 88 students of muzammil got As that was a good number CERTAINLY everyone has own type of learning abilities some people find muzammil's lecture easier to understand while others find iftikhar's lecture easier to understand....They both are doing a great job

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
how can we get sir muzammil's notes???????????

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Sir Muzammil is alot better Islamiat teacher then Dr. Iftikhar is. Basically, Dr.Iftikhar is a Pakistan studies teacher and he is brilliant in that. But I would rate Sir muzammil higher than Dr. Iftikhar. I have studied under both of them so I have a pretty good idea.
@Princess Ashley. There can't be a perfect book. Otherwise, the whole cambridge system will crumble. If you want one book then you should leave Olevels and study in the matric system that has only one single book. Olevels is supposed to develop an interest in research in students. Students are required to study from different books to acquire sufficient knowledge. They don't want the rote system as it is in the matriculation system of Pakistan.

Well, If you would have loved research that much you would have avoided taking tuitions. Because tuitions is just like spoon-feeding. You get all information at one place. :)
You would have probably spent long hours on internet or in lib etc to search for authentic information. :)