• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extra subjects

Reaction score
It may be the easiest but people sure don't study for it! I was checking out the stats yesterday for Nov. 2012, 10.6% students got an A* in Further Maths whereas only 1.1% got one in Thinking Skills!

Yes, it is extremely difficult to get an A* in Thinking Skills.
It requires no study at all. As far as i have seen.
I attempted a few questions, got some of them right and some were wrong.
Anyone who knows elementary maths and can visualize stuff can easily get an A.
It mostly depends on one's I.Q

Reaction score
Yes, it is extremely difficult to get an A* in Thinking Skills.
It requires no study at all. As far as i have seen.
I attempted a few questions, got some of them right and some were wrong.
Anyone who knows elementary maths and can visualize stuff can easily get an A.
It mostly depends on one's I.Q

But Further Maths (according to Abby) is one of the toughest subjects there is and the difference in ratios of A*'s between the 2 subjects is huge!

Reaction score
It may be the easiest but people sure don't study for it! I was checking out the stats yesterday for Nov. 2012, 10.6% students got an A* in Further Maths whereas only 1.1% got one in Thinking Skills!

That's because a lot more people give Thinking Skills and a lot less give FM. A lot more non serious people give TS and I haven't yet seen anyone non-serious keep FM.

Reaction score
That's because a lot more people give Thinking Skills and a lot less give FM. A lot more non serious people give TS and I haven't yet seen anyone non-serious keep FM.

But still, the percentage is quite low if people take it for 'A's. Nevertheless, I think Further Maths is the perfect extra subject if one can handle it.

Reaction score
It'll help you especially for Mech, but I'll repeat, you'll need to dedicate a shitload of your time to FM. Possibly about 2 hours each day consistently.

Reaction score
I'm planning to give some O level exams this Oct/Nov 2014 session. I have decided the subjects after conferring with a lot of people and thinking of what I really wanna study. So the subjects are Add.Maths, Commerce,Environmental Management, Sociology and Statistics. But the problem is
how am I gonna prepare for all of these subjects?! I would really appreciate if someone could tell me which are the best BOOKS and NOTES available for each subject.

Please note that I have got only 5 months to prepare for these subjects. So, guide me the best possible way. The best books and the notes. Please respond ASAP. I badly want this information. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I'm planning to give some O level exams this Oct/Nov 2014 session. I have decided the subjects after conferring with a lot of people and thinking of what I really wanna study. So the subjects are Add.Maths, Commerce,Environmental Management, Sociology and Statistics. But the problem is
how am I gonna prepare for all of these subjects?! I would really appreciate if someone could tell me which are the best BOOKS and NOTES available for each subject.

Please note that I have got only 5 months to prepare for these subjects. So, guide me the best possible way. The best books and the notes. Please respond ASAP. I badly want this information. Thanks in advance.
You can refer to these books;
Add Maths: O' level Additional Mathematics by Ho Soo Thong.
Commerce: O' level Commerce by Marry Trigwell Jones.
Environmental Management: O' level Environmental Management by John Pallister.
Sociology: An Introduction to Sociology by Ken Brown.

Read through these books thoroughly, for Add Maths, practice daily. Solve as many past papers as you can. You have enough time, make your plan and study each subject and topic thoroughly. Good Luck!

Reaction score
In this m/j 2014 session i got a B in Urdu B so would anyone tell me tht shuld i retake it or left it as it is ? would it be considered in a levels and in universities? guide will be appreciated

Reaction score
In this m/j 2014 session i got a B in Urdu B so would anyone tell me tht shuld i retake it or left it as it is ? would it be considered in a levels and in universities? guide will be appreciated

Not in foreign universities, i guess.
But an A is better.

But if you go on re-taking every other subject you get a B in, then that would be kinda useless.

If you worked hard, but still got a B, then studying again, and giving it again might not improve your grade.

But if you think you did not study properly the previous time, and can guarantee an A grade now, then give it. A* is pretty hard in Urdu-B.

Reaction score
But an A is better.

But if you go on re-taking every other subject you get a B in, then that would be kinda useless.

If you worked hard, but still got a B, then studying again, and giving it again might not improve your grade.

But if you think you did not study properly the previous time, and can guarantee an A grade now, then give it. A* is pretty hard in Urdu-B.
OK thankx

Reaction score
But an A is better.

well is urdu s grade more important than that of stats or commerce if for scholarship in A levels is to be achieved?

Reaction score
well is urdu s grade more important than that of stats or commerce if for scholarship in A levels is to be achieved?

Different schools have different criteria for scholarship, but mostly it is around 8 A's.
You can get any 8 A's to achieve scholarship, but some schools say that the A in Stats and Commerce won't be counted for scholarship, but subjects like EM and Sociology will.