• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extra subjects

Reaction score
I am also planning to give the same subjects in O'Level (NOT sure about the A-Level 5 month plan though). Anyways, so generally speaking is Human and Social Biology complicated and lengthy or as far as I have seen from its past papers quiet the same course as normal O'Level Biology. When are you planning to appear for Human and Social biology? And which book are you studying from?
Lastly, lets assume one doesn't get the desired grade in his CIE exam's for a compulsory subject (i.e a B grade) and then appears again in the next session for the same subject and secure an A*, so would that result in a problem with his admission. Would universities bug him over his first B or straightly consider it as an A*.

It's pretty much the same as Pure Biology, with an addition of a few more topics; Pollution, Diseases etc.
I'm planning to appear in Oct-Nov 2013, wbu?
Are you absolutely positive that one can appear in both Pure Biology and Human and Social Biology in O-Level?
I know we can't appear in the same session, but we can give both exams, right?
Well, i am not studying from any book, currently.
The book someone referred to me ''Introduction to Human and Social Biology''.. its very lengthy and has a lot of unnecessary stuff.

And i think Universities would consider the A*.

Reaction score
U cant do A level is 5 months.A level is a different story than O level and studying some A level book doesn't get u a A in A level and it would not make a much difference in your application as well and only benefit i can think of is u will get a year promotion.

And frankly speaking when u are studying O level please don't study A level as some concepts change in A level but dont apply to O levels as O level papers are made to be done with O level knowledge not A level knowledge.U can mess your O level papers like this so its a humble advice not to study A level now please.

And like AbbbY said if your 15% application is strong and u have a year free.Universities will like to know what u did in that one and a half year as well so u will be in more trouble.

Okay, i'll do it in 2 years. :p

Reaction score
no u cant nabeel like they will count only one
so either chose Pure Biology, or human and social biology
i too wanted to take human and social biology, but then this prob came

Reaction score
no u cant nabeel like they will count only one
so either chose Pure Biology, or human and social biology
i too wanted to take human and social biology, but then this prob came

Seriously? Where did you read that?
I heard we can't appear in the same session for both. But it never said that we can't give both exams.

Reaction score
also about ICT and computer studies
man if it were like that, then i wud have gone straight for it, but since the degree is counted as just one, it is just a waste of time and effort
i prefer stats, or EM

Reaction score
also about ICT and computer studies
man if it were like that, then i wud have gone straight for it, but since the degree is counted as just one, it is just a waste of time and effort
i prefer stats, or EM

Stats requires hard work, right?
E.M is more my style. I'll study in last days and give exam.

Reaction score
Seriously? Where did you read that?
I heard we can't appear in the same session for both. But it never said that we can't give both exams.

He's right. It's pretty much an either or. They really don't want to see you inflate your grades with varieties of the same subject at core.

Reaction score
Why?
It's not too highly rated by most universities, and it goes un-credited by a lot too.

Just for fun and to increase A's.
It develops intellectual skills. The questions are tricky and interesting. I have tried them.
And it requires No studying whatsoever. One can go give it's exam by not even studying on the last day.

Reaction score
Just for fun and to increase A's.
It develops intellectual skills. The questions are tricky and interesting. I have tried them.
And it requires No studying whatsoever. One can go give it's exam by not even studying on the last day.

The point of increasing As is lost when you step out of your O Levels. Don't take additional subjects for that in A Levels, this was something that was to be done in your O's.

'It develops intellectual skills' 'Give it's exam by not even studying on the last day'.
Well then it pretty much defies the whole purpose, does it not?

Keep it only if you really, really want to, and not just for the sake of it.

Reaction score
ok guys talk logic :p
if bio +human bio and urdu a +b are seperate and OK
then why cant we give them in one session?
its for some reason cie has limited us :D

Reaction score
i have heard its one of the toughest subject
and the best option for extras

Toughest? What are you talking about! It's one of the easiest extras!
And, certainly not the best option unless all you're planning to apply to is Oxford.

Reaction score
Toughest? What are you talking about! It's one of the easiest extras!
And, certainly not the best option unless all you're planning to apply to is Oxford.

It may be the easiest but people sure don't study for it! I was checking out the stats yesterday for Nov. 2012, 10.6% students got an A* in Further Maths whereas only 1.1% got one in Thinking Skills!