• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extra subjects

Reaction score
any suggestions about subjects which i can prepare in 3 months?
m thinking about
Commerce
Urdu B
Environmental Management

Reaction score
That'll be okay i guess..EM and Urdu B are quite easy and will be easily done..Dunno about Commerce..but i think you'll be able to do it..Many have said it isn't hard at all..:)

Reaction score
m thinking about
Commerce
Urdu B
Environmental Management
extra subjects are only good for bragging about As! They aren't even considered when you apply for universities or colleges . So in the end , they wouldn't be worth the hardwork you put in them to get As . Better to stick to your Major subjects .
But if you want to be disappointed , then her's a list :

Combined Sciences ( not considered if your taking Individual Sciences - 5054 ,5070 ,5090)
Islamiat Religion and Culture ( not considered if you are taking Islamiat - 2058 )
Commerce
Stats
Environmental Management ( easy but not too easy )
Urdu B ( it's A is ignored if you appear for Urdu A)
Sociology
World History ( boooo-ring)
Business Studies ( if your not taking it as a major subject )
Add Math ( the only extra subject worth studying . the topics that come in A level p1 and p3 of Math are all covered in Add Math )

Reaction score
extra subjects are only good for bragging about As! They aren't even considered when you apply for universities or colleges . So in the end , they wouldn't be worth the hardwork you put in them to get As . Better to stick to your Major subjects .
But if you want to be disappointed , then her's a list :

Combined Sciences ( not considered if your taking Individual Sciences - 5054 ,5070 ,5090)
Islamiat Religion and Culture ( not considered if you are taking Islamiat - 2058 )
Commerce
Stats
Environmental Management ( easy but not too easy )
Urdu B ( it's A is ignored if you appear for Urdu A)
Sociology
World History ( boooo-ring)
Business Studies ( if your not taking it as a major subject )
Add Math ( the only extra subject worth studying . the topics that come in A level p1 and p3 of Math are all covered in Add Math )
my parents dont want me to give extraz, but I think that i should..

really cant we give both urdu b and a?

world history is not worth it.. ikr..
add-maths.. cant be done in 3 months..

Reaction score

don't give add maths , just study it .

No , we can't give both Urdu A and B! mera to grade hi chala gaya urdu ka! should have switched to urdu B when i had the chance :(

Reaction score
Find something better to do like resting . These are the golden years, dont become nerds! Give the major subjects all the time, I study so hard for the majors but extras arent worth it!

Reaction score
Environmental Management for sure, I'm giving it too this winter and I've heard its very easy. If you ask me then go for Combined Science(if you have studied the sciences 5054/5070/5090 separately) or Commerce as another extra subject since they won't be much of a problem to cover in 3 months.

Reaction score
Go for urdu B and environmental management as they can easily be done in less time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Bro I am Also planning to study Addmath's(extrasub) ,Urdu N english and give the paper's in Oct Session. ;)

Reaction score
Hi there....im taking commerce and it seems kinda really easy...my other two extra subject classes havent started yet so please can anyone tell me whether they are easy and/or which are the best books for environmental management and world history??

Reaction score
Hi there....im taking commerce and it seems kinda really easy...my other two extra subject classes havent started yet so please can anyone tell me whether they are easy and/or which are the best books for environmental management and world history??
for environmetal management :environmental management A core text for o level and igcse by john pallister
for world history: mastering modern world history by norman lowe

Reaction score
m thinking about
Commerce
Urdu B
Environmental Management
Urdu B is a veryyyy easy subject... it'll hardly take a month... you dont even have to prepare anything except the muhavray...

you can give both urdu A and B but it will be a waste of time, Urdu A is hard and takes alot of time, and if you get an A* in urdu B and then a B or A in urdu A, they will consider the B or A so better go for only one

^what I was told.

Reaction score
^ Only P1 !!!
and not even P1 completely, telling from experience... :)

Give add maths in june, Trust me, it makes life easier in AS! :)

Hey Bro I am Also planning to study Addmath's(extrasub) ,Urdu N english and give the paper's in Oct Session. ;)
I dont think you'll be able to give Add maths in Oct, if you havent started studying it since quite som time.
Giving it in June is fruitful!;)

Reaction score
well EM is a little easy but world history is not too easy
if u ll do them regularly so it can be done in three months time.......

Thankyou very much....btw are you giving your exams also this october/november??