• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Extended Essay, IB Class of 2016

Reaction score
Hi all IB first year students. I need dome advice on the Extended Essay. I'm thinking of doing mine in Chemistry. Is investigating the amount of impurities in tap water of a certain region a suitable topic choice? Please help ASAP, I'm really close to missing all my deadlines. Also, what are your subject and topic choices?

Reaction score
Hello. I am an O Level student in my last year. My school Beaconhouse PECHS Branch Karachi offers both IB diploma programme as well as A Levels and I am trying to decide which programme to choose. I am more interested in the IB program due to its diversity and breadth but my parents feel that the A Level System would be better as it is the more usual approach and will be accepted by most universities in Pakistan. Is this the case? Currently I do not have any plans to study internationally. I want to learn for the purpose of learning instead of only getting good grades or memorization by rote learning. I have an interest in all subjects and I generally am among the top scoring students. There is no particular subject I am very weak at. Also I have not decided on any particular career. I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out in deciding which program would be best as well as possibly recommending any new fields available by way of a career in Pakistan excluding the usual options (Doctor Or Engineer). Thanks