• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Exams exams everywhere - some tips to ace them!

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the tips above :) really did help motivate me in studying for my a level exams in about a month :eek::confused::sick:
my tip for exams: do not panic/cram-study hours or seconds before doing the paper because it messes up your train of thought :p
Best of luck to others taking their papers as well!:D:D:D

Reaction score
the format of urdu papers i like the following

Mazmun: First para introduction of the topic, second para the bullet points given and the last para as ikhtatam. Note: you can make a new para for each bullet point and word shoub be 150

Letter: you have to write the address date, salutations (this all should be at the right handside of the page) and name like "Mere pyare abba jaan " iin the center of the page. then continue how u write the letter..200 words minimum and paragraphs should be there..at last ur mukhlis.."Aap ka farma bardar beta/beti"

Taqreer: Its the same how we say in English.. Mein aaj bahut khus hai ki mein aap ke saamne is mouzu' par taqreer dene ka mauqa mil raha hai..continue then

Report: You have to start like something very imaginary..refer urdu newspapers and its the same

Translation: You are supposed to read the whole sentence and translate before writing..This has a wide scope of gaining full marks..Use specific words only where needed...Hope it helps.. Let me know if u want more help!! GOOD LUCK ;-J

thank you so much this really did help just one more question in the essay writing part in urdu paper question 1 do we only need to explain the 3 points or add more points like do we only exppland those points stick to them without add any future oints because my essays are going way too long more than 150 words and i cant seem to shorten them:cry:

Reaction score
Hi and Salam buddies! :giggle:

Here I am again, like old times, welcoming you to a journey of techniques, tips and success in the world of exams. You may call these my secrets, tips taken from Newton’s closet or extraction of intellect from the ones whose names you have read on the Hall of Fames of CIE/Edexcel/OCR/AQA/Blah Blah. :p

Also, you guys may sit in the company of distinction holders, burn all your calories in libraries reading every single chapter of all the books available, but what I’m going to tell you here is something you won’t find anywhere. :D

Fact: Exams have never been easier to take and it takes a nerve of steel and razor-sharp brain to get through them. So if you have already taken these exams, salutes to your courage. :p

Read on and be enlightened for I have worked very hard (like always) on these tactics and techniques, and I’m sure they will help you achieve those awesome grades you’ve always wished to get:

• The first basic rule – STUDY. You study, you get your desired grades. As simple as that. No rocket science here. But the key thing here is: don’t over-study. Give your eyes some rest when they feel heavy. And this does not mean that you go to your washroom and throw some freezing water into them and resume your study again. NO. Just switch on the Tv, take a book maybe, or turn on your laptop and watch something good and relaxing. A football match, maybe? Always works for me!
  • " Do good and good will follow. " Simple yet very true. Be extremely generous (esp. at this time of the year). Give your notes, the good book that only you have in the whole school to the person you hate the most in your class. This will raise your soul, and will help you study more.
  • Another thing that works for me: Before starting the all-dreary preparation, just spread all the books you have on your table. Not literally, but don’t try to put every book, eraser and pen back into its place every time you finish your study. This will get you in the study mood and will help you stay awake.
  • A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. So no diet scene, okay? (for the ladies here)
  • Keep putting yourself through the toughest test you can while preparing. YOU CANNOT GO EASY ON YOURSELF DURING YOUR PREPARATION. This will help you identify your weak areas, so you can start working on them from day 1.
  • Refresh your time management skills. You should at least be able to put unproductive time during the day towards your desired goal (AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THAT DESIRED GOAL).
  • And then there are some sacrifices. In these two months of preparation (maybe three months, if you count the exam-month), you must be prepared to sacrifice, to forego family occasions, to skip your favourite television programme (sometimes), to read your course books rather than magazines. Because without sacrifices, there is no reward.
  • If you forget everything you’ve learned on the paper day, don’t forget to drop your pen near someone’s desk (someone smart). Just kidding. :p Always be self-sufficient. :)
  • Avoid high expectations. With no pressure, the desired result would be a lot easier to achieve.
  • Keep smiling. A smile/laugh activates many beneficial chemicals within the body that place us into a very happy state. Plus, it's a charity too.
  • And finally, if you fail to achieve what you've aimed for, be a MASTER INTERPRETER in that situation. Interpret that failure as a positive experience. There are no negative experiences, only experiences which aid in your development and toughen your character so that you may soar to new heights. In a nutshell, there are no failures, only lessons.
  • Finally, ALWAYS remember the power of Prayer. Pray five times a day. Pray as much nafal prayers as you can.
I hope these tips help you in your exam-preparations. Give your ideas too. I'll add them in my tips (if they are good, ofc. :p)
All the best!

( The author is currently preparing for his exams too, so wish him luck and pray for him )

P.S Thanks to abcde for reminding me to write these tips, and encouraging me by saying that people actually like them. :D
best of luck!! and thanks for all the tips! May Allah help us all in achieving our goals! :)

Reaction score
thank you so much this really did help just one more question in the essay writing part in urdu paper question 1 do we only need to explain the 3 points or add more points like do we only exppland those points stick to them without add any future oints because my essays are going way too long more than 150 words and i cant seem to shorten them:cry:

Her listen our main motto is to write on the main 3 bullet points given. Make sure u dont write more than the three points. However u can start a line for the introduction of each line. Btw are u girl or boy?

Reaction score
a girl!!! i am studying in lahore grammar peshawar branch
lolxxxXXX
and have u given your urdu paper!!!

Reaction score
guys i need serious help... :cry:
i have my a2 chem and bio paper 4 exams this monday and tuesday and tbh i didnt even finish studying the text book let alone do any past papers.. :notworthy:
just how big of a trouble am i in?? also i have my bio paper 1 and 5 exam tomorrow so that gives me only a single weekend off to study for these p4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any tips? should i only focus on past papers now?? forget abt the text books?? or should i no matter what complete the text book first & then solve the past papers (i wont have time to do much past papers this way though)?? :(

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE anyone tell me how do i revise my GEOGRAPHY! (pst paper2)
The paper is on 15th and i cant seem to have good numbers in pastpaer practice (i used to score 70/75) in school :(
HELP NEEDED HERE!

Reaction score

Here I am again, like old times, welcoming you to a journey of techniques, tips and success in the world of exams. You may call these my secrets, tips taken from Newton’s closet or extraction of intellect from the ones whose names you have read on the Hall of Fames of CIE/Edexcel/OCR/AQA/Blah Blah. :p

Also, you guys may sit in the company of distinction holders, burn all your calories in libraries reading every single chapter of all the books available, but what I’m going to tell you here is something you won’t find anywhere. :D

Fact: Exams have never been easier to take and it takes a nerve of steel and razor-sharp brain to get through them. So if you have already taken these exams, salutes to your courage. :p

Read on and be enlightened for I have worked very hard (like always) on these tactics and techniques, and I’m sure they will help you achieve those awesome grades you’ve always wished to get:

• The first basic rule – STUDY. You study, you get your desired grades. As simple as that. No rocket science here. But the key thing here is: don’t over-study. Give your eyes some rest when they feel heavy. And this does not mean that you go to your washroom and throw some freezing water into them and resume your study again. NO. Just switch on the Tv, take a book maybe, or turn on your laptop and watch something good and relaxing. A football match, maybe? Always works for me!
  • " Do good and good will follow. " Simple yet very true. Be extremely generous (esp. at this time of the year). Give your notes, the good book that only you have in the whole school to the person you hate the most in your class. This will raise your soul, and will help you study more.
  • Another thing that works for me: Before starting the all-dreary preparation, just spread all the books you have on your table. Not literally, but don’t try to put every book, eraser and pen back into its place every time you finish your study. This will get you in the study mood and will help you stay awake.
  • A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. So no diet scene, okay? (for the ladies here)
  • Keep putting yourself through the toughest test you can while preparing. YOU CANNOT GO EASY ON YOURSELF DURING YOUR PREPARATION. This will help you identify your weak areas, so you can start working on them from day 1.
  • Refresh your time management skills. You should at least be able to put unproductive time during the day towards your desired goal (AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THAT DESIRED GOAL).
  • And then there are some sacrifices. In these two months of preparation (maybe three months, if you count the exam-month), you must be prepared to sacrifice, to forego family occasions, to skip your favourite television programme (sometimes), to read your course books rather than magazines. Because without sacrifices, there is no reward.
  • If you forget everything you’ve learned on the paper day, don’t forget to drop your pen near someone’s desk (someone smart). Just kidding. :p Always be self-sufficient. :)
  • Avoid high expectations. With no pressure, the desired result would be a lot easier to achieve.
  • Keep smiling. A smile/laugh activates many beneficial chemicals within the body that place us into a very happy state. Plus, it's a charity too.
  • And finally, if you fail to achieve what you've aimed for, be a MASTER INTERPRETER in that situation. Interpret that failure as a positive experience. There are no negative experiences, only experiences which aid in your development and toughen your character so that you may soar to new heights. In a nutshell, there are no failures, only lessons.
  • Finally, ALWAYS remember the power of Prayer. Pray five times a day. Pray as much nafal prayers as you can.

I hope these tips help you in your exam-preparations. Give your ideas too. I'll add them in my tips (if they are good, ofc. :p)
All the best!

( The author is currently preparing for his exams too, so wish him luck and pray for him )

P.S Thanks to abcde for reminding me to write these tips, and encouraging me by saying that people actually like them. :D
great tips

Reaction score

All the best!

Loved the tips !!