• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Environmental Management

Reaction score
How do i start studying Environmental Management privately?
I want to study it myself, in these holidays.
So how should i get started?
I have that book of John Pallister.
is that book okay?
I should just read it once, right?

Reaction score
I read the summaries of each of the four chapters, read three recent marking schemes for each P1 and P2 [lack of time!] and went in the exam hoping a case study on Pakistan shows up. Ended up getting Nigeria, lol, but everything you need to know is given there.

Anyone with a decent knowledge base and general knowledge background can easily easily get an A*

If you can read the book, it'd be great. EM ain't no rocket science. If I did it reading the summaries only due to a lack of time, I'm pretty sure if anyone has more than a month on their hands they can easily read the whole book adn do more papers.

Reaction score
I read the summaries of each of the four chapters, read three recent marking schemes for each P1 and P2 [lack of time!] and went in the exam hoping a case study on Pakistan shows up. Ended up getting Nigeria, lol, but everything you need to know is given there.

Anyone with a decent knowledge base and general knowledge background can easily easily get an A*

If you can read the book, it'd be great. EM ain't no rocket science. If I did it reading the summaries only due to a lack of time, I'm pretty sure if anyone has more than a month on their hands they can easily read the whole book adn do more papers.

Can u please upload the summaries?

N.M

Reaction score
is that book okay?

Yes, you can easily do it by self study, I too did it without any assistance... John Palister is the best book that i know of... Just do the book thoroughly, plus you should have a good geographical sense...
N if there is something that you don't understand from the book like El Niño and plate tectonics etc, then u can search it online, watch YouTube videos and u'll get it...

Reaction score
Yes, you can easily do it by self study, I too did it without any assistance... John Palister is the best book that i know of... Just do the book thoroughly, plus you should have a good geographical sense...
N if there is something that you don't understand from the book like El Niño and plate tectonics etc, then u can search it online, watch YouTube videos and u'll get it...

What is the fulform of AVP in EM marking schemes?

Reaction score
Here if u want more like this visit the em thread

Attachments

• acid rain.doc
    21 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score
is that book okay?

Well yes John Pallister book is good enough but you need to do extra research yourself. Start of by doing one section daily and reading some related articles from the net. It is always wise to widen your knowledge where subjects like geography and environmental management are involved. Reading the book once wont help , you got to read it atleast three times . Also get the past papers finish each topic and solve them , you will get to know how the questions come. The questions are quite tricky though . One more thing get yourself a photocopy of the world map, and mark the continets and oceans and as you go through the book there are many things you have to learn, if you have the world map it will be easy for you to remember in which region which forest are found.
Good luck.

Reaction score
Hey! I intend to start Environmental Management from 1st July. Will I be able to complete in time including past papers? :confused: (I have to appear in the Oct/Nov 13 session)

Reaction score
Hey! I intend to start Environmental Management from 1st July. Will I be able to complete in time including past papers? :confused: (I have to appear in the Oct/Nov 13 session)

Depends what all you need to do. Nonetheless, you can.

I gave it reading the summaries of each of the four chapters and then doing 2 (so 4 papers) only. Didn't have the time [started just before the exams bec. I didn't like to study EM] or the energy. It's a very, very easy subject.