• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Literature 9695

Reaction score
Any tips for paper 3? I am studying Songs of Ourselves and The Namesake. Also if anyone is studying Songs of Ourselves, which poem or section do you think is most likely going to come?

Reaction score
Hi. How did your exam go. Im starting Alevel and i want to know if English Literature is a good choice. Can i manage it with 3 other Diffcult subjects?

Reaction score
It depends if you have an inclination towards literature. It is a very interesting subject, no doubt- but you will have to devote a lot of time to it since you may have to study many poems or a long novel, depending on the option you choose. If literature is not a requirement for the college of your choice, just by paying close attention in class and revising regularly you can achieve a good grade. Which other subjects have you opted for?

Reaction score
I Chose Maths, Computer Science, and Physics. I want to go into the Software Engineering/Design Field. I am really interested in Literature and love reading and writing and i want to upgrade my writing skills in order to become a writer. Is it possible to easily manage it with my other subjects? And also, which other subjects did you do
P.S did you do the past papers online or is there a hard copy form avaialable

Reaction score
Math and Phy are very demanding subjects and tough to score A or A* in from what I've observed.. you will have to study these subjects thoroughly to get an A*. Handling these subjects with Literature will be tough. I took literature, business, accounting and psychology. You can find past papers online and take a printout or your school might have some copies of papers. I saw the question online and wrote the answer. I think you should study Literature until AS since it is not a prerequisite for your course, and focus on your other subjects in A2. The AS syllabus will help in improving your writing skills. You can study the A2 syllabus for your leisure, but it will take away time for your important subjects if you want to give the A2 papers.