• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

a

Reaction score
The cambridge textbook for as lists alternatives to P4, do 5 6 7 8 or 9. I know 5 is coursework so should be easy enough. Btw can you advise me on the AS level commentary party(urgent!) and the P2 also if you have time.

Reaction score
look for a document called- scheme of work. It tells you what you will be tested on and some additional links/resources.

Reaction score
Hello.
It seems I require some help with English Language [9093] (from 2014 syllabus). The problem is, I have already appeared for Paper1 and Paper2 (AS level) and scored an A Grade. I am now appearing this november for Paper3 and Paper4, but I have absolutely no idea how to start preparing. I've gone through the whole syllabus and concluded that P3 is just a continuation of commentary in P1, but I have absolutely no clue about P4.
I've already seen the sample papers on the CIE website, but I still don't understand.
Could anyone help me by providing some resources. Remember that i've already done P1 and P2, which I studied from the book that was endorsed by CIE. Anything would be helpful, websites, books suggested by teachers, any sort of resource will help!

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
MSA u r rly lucky to have scored that A grade
I would like some tips and guidance to scoring well too as would be appearing for the AS exam this year and I hav no idea if what i write is even half as good as the Cambridge expect it to be.
Plz help

Reaction score
For Paper 4, question 1, read Exploring Spoken English by Ronald Carter.
For Paper 4, question 2, read English as a Global Language by David Crystal.
For Paper 4, question 3, read The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker.
When I say read, I mean read, read, read and recite by heart. After you know the information try completing the sample questions and scoring yourself with the marking scheme.
Good luck

Reaction score
Hello.
It seems I require some help with English Language [9093] (from 2014 syllabus). The problem is, I have already appeared for Paper1 and Paper2 (AS level) and scored an A Grade. I am now appearing this november for Paper3 and Paper4, but I have absolutely no idea how to start preparing. I've gone through the whole syllabus and concluded that P3 is just a continuation of commentary in P1, but I have absolutely no clue about P4.
I've already seen the sample papers on the CIE website, but I still don't understand.
Could anyone help me by providing some resources. Remember that i've already done P1 and P2, which I studied from the book that was endorsed by CIE. Anything would be helpful, websites, books suggested by teachers, any sort of resource will help!

Thanks in advance.

Hi! I'm taking the AS level exams in May 2014 and A2 from 2014. I'll be self'studying or taking tuitions for A2 so here are some resources I found:

Specimen papers for the 2014 papers on their website! http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and...3/past-papers/

And resources for paper 3:

Investigating talk, Cockcroft, F
ISBN number: 978-0340730867
http://www.cambridge.org/us/esl/cata...e_locale=en_US
http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic...ge-2nd-edition

Online:
http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and...port-material/

Websites for A Basic Guide to Textual Analysis http://www.engl.niu.edu/wac/txtanal.html
Language and power http://www.universalteacher.org.uk/l....htm#adgrammar

That's what I've got from some online thread. Hope it helps! :)

p.s. Sorry if some of the links don't work or have expired!

Reaction score
Thank you Nicoler for ur help but I meant for paper 1 and 2.
I still hvnt given my AS n will be giving it in this session.
So if u cud offer me some advice on that then Id be really grateful!

Reaction score
Hi can someone plz send me the links for English AS papers (9093) paper 2 and paper 3 , and if they can tell me about the name of the book that i should buy .

Reaction score
Hello.

Thanks in advance.

I need help for paper 1 and paper 2. Do you mind giving me some of your sample answer maube. I dont know ehat do cambridge expect from us and how to tackle both papers. Please help us.

Reaction score
hey

can you help me in paper 1? if you have time can you please send me atleast one sample commentary ??

yes I also need help, if he sends to you anything could you please contact me by: [email protected]

I would really appreciate, I am also doing paper 1 may june and I do not have book or any clue of how we are supposed to answer,
Please, thanks

Reaction score
I have no clue about A2 English language :/
plus the specimen papers have some next level marking sceme which is useless .

Reaction score
well, i found the sample candidate responses quite useful for igcse.
taking as this year and the sample responses and examiner reports can be found now too(just not for the current year)

Reaction score
Hello.

Thanks in advance.
dear, I need your help and advice for english lang 9093 paper that I am about to give in May/June. Can you help me out with the study?

Reaction score
My teacher provided me the answer of the student who recently got A grade in his English language but I only have 2 questions of it. 1 question from p3 Text Analysis and 1 question for p4 Language Topics which is solved but I really don't know what to do with p1 and p2... If anyone can help me out with p1 and p2, I can help them out with their p3 & p4 in return...
you guys need to just keep practicing
what books are u using??