• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

EME OR SEECS

Reaction score
Alhamdulillah i got merit no. 101 in nust for engg.
i want to do electrical engg. with specialization in power. which one is best ?
please give an elaborate answer.
apart from teaching quality consider university life sports facilites and exposure as well.
but teaching quality is given a preference

Reaction score
Alhamdulillah got merit no. 101 in nust for engg.
apart from teaching quality consider university life sports facilites and exposure as well.

congrats buddy , that is something to be proud of ;). I got merit no. 16 in international seat . Im going for seecs electric Eng. I did alot of research on eme and Seecs . so far seecs is better in terms of on and off campus life , new hostels, brilliant faculty, genius student ( get ready to hve some gud competition) and exposure to lots of other information :cool:

Reaction score
Alhamdulillah i got merit no. 101 in nust for engg.

EME has (currently) the better quality of education. But in 4 years, I am pretty much sure that SEECS will leave it behind.
Agreed EME has the old legacy of better engineering university but the fact that SEECS now attracts more high merit students will be the reason of EME's level getting down.
Both provide good sports facilities... again, i would have to say that H12 is getting better with every passing day. There was the gym under construction (I here it's almost complete and will be functional coming semester) other than that H12 is heaven for Football lovers. With lesser number of restrictions as compared to EME.
Apart from that, there are countless societies in H12. Whatever are ur interests, U'll find a society for that in H12. From gaming to sports to literature to adventure. So that will give u enough experiences (if u join them off course)
H12 hostels are far from EME, there's no second opinion to that for sure...

As far as faculty goes, then I hope that EME has better faculty than SEECS (cuz I'm not satisfied from most of them) However, quality of education isn't the only criteria for deciding (I don't think it should be given a lot of weightage) specially under this case. Cuz in the end u'll get the degree of NUST no matter wherever u do it from. So, as i always say, if u think u hate ur life or u have already lived ur life to the fullest then sure go to EME, get benefit from their better quality of education (which might be surpassed by SEECS in coming years)

Also, if ur not tired reading all my blabbing, then also go through this post: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/eme-or-h12-nust.28262/#post-627225
In particular go through smzimran's post.

Reaction score
Jazib and@dizzy dude
thankyou very much for your replies.
i have decided to go to H12
Jazib your last paragraph forces me think of poor souls in EME.
AND ONE MORE QUESTION:any reason why merit of EME was higher last year

Reaction score
Jazib and@dizzy dude
thankyou very much for your replies.
i have decided to go to H12
Jazib your last paragraph forces me think of poor souls in EME.
AND ONE MORE QUESTION:any reason why merit of EME was higher last year

The same I mentioned above. Quality of education, legacy, etc. I just want to make myself clear here I never said EME's quality of education is bad. It's about your priority, life is not just about education! If u think u can handle the unnecessary pressure, then definitely go to EME.
P.S: U just can't say EME's merit was higher just by looking at the "Last merit" Cuz u see, SEECS had 175 (last merit: 636) seats and EME 65 (last merit: 509). This means that there are much larger percentage of students with merit number under 509 who preferred SEECS. Get my point?