• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

eme or H12 (NUST)

Reaction score
Hi, Assalamoalaikum people, my question may have been asked before but i am still not clear on this, i have applied nationally for nust on SAT II basis and i have mA 2390 in SAT II, my only preference for major in engineering is mechanical..... So my question now is should i choose eme mechanical or H12 mechanical, there are pros and cons for both, eme is the heart of engineering for which nust is famous for, it has the best teachers and career prospects too are amazing for people in eme, whilst h12 smme has just two batches out and its engineers are not preferred rather eme's are when it comes to being selected by companies, but on the other hand life at h12 is easier better campus new smme building and everything and life at eme is a little hard but my main priority is ofcourse the quality of education so please can anyone guide me and help me by making this decision easier.

Reaction score
Hi, Assalamoalaikum people, my question may have been asked before but i am still not clear on this, i have applied nationally for nust on SAT II basis and i have mA 2390 in SAT II, my only preference for major in engineering is mechanical..... So my question now is should i choose eme mechanical or H12 mechanical, there are pros and cons for both, eme is the heart of engineering for which nust is famous for, it has the best teachers and career prospects too are amazing for people in eme, whilst h12 smme has just two batches out and its engineers are not preferred rather eme's are when it comes to being selected by companies, but on the other hand life at h12 is easier better campus new smme building and everything and life at eme is a little hard but my main priority is ofcourse the quality of education so please can anyone guide me and help me by making this decision easier.

Walekumsalam.
EME mechanical no doubt has its legacy. But H12's mechanical has matured a lot in the last three years. If u were making this statement about industry preference two years back, i would have agreed with you. But not now. Things have changed a lot recently. From the day till i first stepped into h12 and to this day, h12 is a totally different place. As u have done ur homework and already know about the new building and the new workshop at h12 for Mechanical engineers. Due to this factor, most of the high merit students are coming in h12. And remember one thing, it's the efforts of students which cause the name of university to go on top in the industry. Naturally the institute/school where ratio of high merit students is more is bound to get a good name out there. Therefore, I personally believe that h12 will leave behind eme in quality by the time you graduate. U will get NUST's degree in the end. Whatever school u choose. It's the name of NUST that matters at the end of the day.
The quality of education is not the only thing that matters in a university life. Administration of NUST has this potential of making u literally cry, mind my words!
So, the decision comes to a simple question, how much do you love yourself? If u believe ur a total nerd, can follow foolish, illogical orders without any complain, and above all, u think u have already lived ur life to the fullest, then sure go to EME and benefit from its legacy, its name, its quality of education. Else, h12 is the place to be! :)
P.S: smzimran was in the same dilemma same time last year. He chose h12. He may be able to shed some more light on his choice and what he learnt in the last one year.

Reaction score
Walekumsalam.
EME mechanical no doubt has its legacy. But H12's mechanical has matured a lot in the last three years. If u were making this statement about industry preference two years back, i would have agreed with you. But not now. Things have changed a lot recently. From the day till i first stepped into h12 and to this day, h12 is a totally different place. As u have done ur homework and already know about the new building and the new workshop at h12 for Mechanical engineers. Due to this factor, most of the high merit students are coming in h12. And remember one thing, it's the efforts of students which cause the name of university to go on top in the industry. Naturally the institute/school where ratio of high merit students is more is bound to get a good name out there. Therefore, I personally believe that h12 will leave behind eme in quality by the time you graduate. U will get NUST's degree in the end. Whatever school u choose. It's the name of NUST that matters at the end of the day.
The quality of education is not the only thing that matters in a university life. Administration of NUST has this potential of making u literally cry, mind my words!
So, the decision comes to a simple question, how much do you love yourself? If u believe ur a total nerd, can follow foolish, illogical orders without any complain, and above all, u think u have already lived ur life to the fullest, then sure go to EME and benefit from its legacy, its name, its quality of education. Else, h12 is the place to be! :)
P.S: smzimran was in the same dilemma same time last year. He chose h12. He may be able to shed some more light on his choice and what he learnt in the last one year.
Thankyou so much that reply, it was really helpful :) i would also love to hear from smzimran, and i just might select h12 as i already have my seniors there and adjusting there will be much easier for me :) hopefully i select whats best for me IA ^-^

Reaction score
EME is the golden past, H-12 is the sparkling future was something i heard at this crucial time of the year in 2012. I later found this out to be very true. I had selected EME as my 1st preference until the penultimate hour of changing preferences where i changed to H-12 after advice from Jazib bhai.

Now after one complete year, i think it was the best decision i ever made. Let me cut short to the field you are interested in : mechanical. Though i myself am not a student of mechanical engineering but i had this one Workshop Practise course last semester which led us to SMME each week. I also happened to visit EME and explore its mechanical department the same semester and believe me when i say that the NUST administration itself is working tirelessly hard to take SMME beyond where EME ever was. The MRC at SMME is better than that of EME. The machinery kept at SMME is also sure to rise to EME's standards.

The point is that NUST is providing every facility, perhaps more, to SMME students which EME already has. Hence more talented students have more recently come into SMME and will continue to do so, and as said by Jazib bhai that students make the name of an institution. Therefore, i believe that future batches of H-12 will excel par EME , also having enjoyed a nice university life...

Best of Luck!

Reaction score
My friend got 115 in the entry test with 800 in matric and 457 in fsc part 1. He expects almost 900 in the final fsc result which we all are sure he will get ( in matric he had an operation just weeks before exams therefore had gotten less result ) do you think he will get admission in nust?? Reply plz