• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Edexcel IAL A2 Biology JUNE 2015 Pre realeased Material- SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE

Reaction score
Here you go!

Attachments

• GCE-Bio-Scientific-Article-6BI05-June-2015.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 57
Reaction score
Here are some FREE questions we've been given. There is no guarantee that any of these will come up in the actual exam, but it gives you an idea of some of the topics. If we get any more I will post them and also any anwsers we are given. Hope they help:confused:

Attachments

• Scientific Article June 2015 Questions.docx
    143.7 KB · Views: 202
Reaction score
this is also a set of questions from the scientific article questions that are synoptic - they cover general issues and aren't specific to the material in the article.

Attachments

• Synoptic Revision - Unit 5.docx
    135 KB · Views: 153
Reaction score
Here are some FREE questions we've been given. There is no guarantee that any of these will come up in the actual exam, but it gives you an idea of some of the topics. If we get any more I will post them and also any anwsers we are given. Hope they help:confused:

nonetheless thank you very much :)

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for ur suggestions. And yes today v did find out meaning of words v dont know and highlighted the topics needed to b studied like atherosclerosis,protein synthesis, Fast twitch muscle fibre and other stuffs. But I think those questions comes up every year. V will take use them when they will come. But V r also going to predicts questions on it tomorrow. Thanks Again :)
Can anyone please upload which topics are to be mainly discussed for this article. Thanks

Reaction score

your questions stated the function of creatine in a muscle cell... surely thats not in the edexcel spec and syllabus

Reaction score
Creatine phosphate is stored in muscle cells and is used as an immediate source of ATP when exercise starts: creatine phosphate + ADP -> ATP + creatine
It also links in to the performance-enhancing drugs - it is not banned as it is classed as a nutritional supplement and not a drug. Crazy!
Hope that makes sense?:confused:

Reaction score
Creatine phosphate is stored in muscle cells and is used as an immediate source of ATP when exercise starts: creatine phosphate + ADP -> ATP + creatine
It also links in to the performance-enhancing drugs - it is not banned as it is classed as a nutritional supplement and not a drug. Crazy!
Hope that makes sense?:confused:

aha! yup thank you