• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Edexcel IAL A2 Biology JUNE 2015 Pre realeased Material- SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE

Reaction score
Assalam O Alaikum...

Here is the article for Unit 5. What are your opinions about it?
Any proposed questions?
It is about using Drug in Sports etc.
I think it is better than gce article as Thats about "Zombie Cockroaches"

Attachments

• IAL-Bio-Scientific-Article-WBI05-June-2015.pdf
    710 KB · Views: 591
Reaction score
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRE RELEASE ARTICLE AND THE NORMAL ARTICLE ?

Reaction score
You get the prerelease just now to prepare and then you get the same article when you get into the exm.

Reaction score
Nopes.. not yet. Atleast wait for 2 weeks - Some proposed questions will show up. According to my teacher v have to pay in order to view proposed questions.

Reaction score
Well, i can view it. How about you go to google and type edexcelbiosolutions and c. Btw, the questions are not uploaded yet.

Reaction score
One of the easiest things to do is go through the article and link in different topics from the rest of the course (including AS topic). That gives you a start on what topics to make sure you understand well e.g. paragraph 6 mentions anabolic steroids - what are steroids? How do they work? How do they get into cells? How do they change gene expression? Para 7 mentions beta blockers which work on the heart - what do you know about the cardiac cycle and how it is controlled? If it blocks synapses, how do synapses work?
Also (sounds obvious, I know), but make a vocabulary list of scientific and non-scientific words from the article e.g. heed, litigation, collude, anabolic.
You can do a lot of this by yourself without waiting for a list of questions, that aren't guaranteed to come up anyway.

Reaction score
One of the easiest things to do is go through the article and link in different topics from the rest of the course (including AS topic). That gives you a start on what topics to make sure you understand well e.g. paragraph 6 mentions anabolic steroids - what are steroids? How do they work? How do they get into cells? How do they change gene expression? Para 7 mentions beta blockers which work on the heart - what do you know about the cardiac cycle and how it is controlled? If it blocks synapses, how do synapses work?
Also (sounds obvious, I know), but make a vocabulary list of scientific and non-scientific words from the article e.g. heed, litigation, collude, anabolic.
You can do a lot of this by yourself without waiting for a list of questions, that aren't guaranteed to come up anyway.

Thanks a lot for ur suggestions. And yes today v did find out meaning of words v dont know and highlighted the topics needed to b studied like atherosclerosis,protein synthesis, Fast twitch muscle fibre and other stuffs. But I think those questions comes up every year. V will take use them when they will come. But V r also going to predicts questions on it tomorrow. Thanks Again :)

Reaction score
What? that is expensive. :cry:
Alomost $33. -.-

Share the money with other ppl giving the same exams. Then it will cheaper for you. Its 120 AED here.
And dont rely just on these questions. V have to make questions on our own as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What? that is expensive. :cry:
Alomost $33. -.-

expensive? lmao thats nothing if you really want the grade. This guy is pretty accurate with his questions mind you. But yeah it does make absolute sense to share money if you think it is a lot. $33 is something you would spend anyway on something. If you split it in 2 or 3 or even 4 it becomes cheaper.
I suggest you speak to your class and split it. You'd probably pay 1 dollar per person if theres 33 people