• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Edexcel AS or Edexcel IAL

Reaction score
I am Rucksikaa from Sri Lanka. I have completed my Edexcel IGCSE O/Ls and I am waiting for my results which will be released tomorrow and now I am confused whether to choose the Edexcel Advanced Subsidiary ot the Edexcel International Advanced Levels. :confused:What is the difference between Edexcel AS and Edexcel IAL? Can Sri Lankans offer the Edexcel AS? Already the 2015/2016 A/L batch has offered the Edexcel AS and their results have arrived but I am still confused about choosing the right one. I thought that the Edexcel AS was only meant for the UK, Isle of Man and other British Armed Forces schools overseas but could any other country which was actually meant to offer the Edexcel IAL, the international version of the Edexcel AS offer Edexcel AS instead of Edexcel IAL? Please clear my doubt anyone because my college will be commencing our new grade on the 1st of September,2016 and now I have to get prepared for it. Anyone please help me by clearing my doubt.

Reaction score
You are confused its called Edexcel GCE(the British version) and Edexcel IAL(international) is for everyone else