• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics: Post your doubts here (O + A level)

Reaction score
Well,I'hv got a Doubt!
My question is:
If the price of lemonade Increases from $1 to $2 per bottle,How might it affect consumption?
Page.135 Self assessment Task Old edition,Economics!
Plzz whoever Can gt dis done for me I'll solve his\her doubt in-return!!
Reply must....waiting....

Reaction score
Well,I'hv got a Doubt!
My question is:
If the price of lemonade Increases from $1 to $2 per bottle,How might it affect consumption?
Page.135 Self assessment Task Old edition,Economics!
Plzz whoever Can gt dis done for me I'll solve his\her doubt in-return!!
Reply must....waiting....

Consumption will be reduced, as higher price means less demand, and hence less sales.

Reaction score
Will Substitution effect come in the scene?
As there is an increase in price so ppl will shift to substitute product!!???

Yes, maybe.
That depends on the nature of the person.

Some people might love lemonade, and might also be very rich, so they will continue buying the 2 dollar lemonade.
But the ones who can't afford to pay the double price, will stop buying it, or at least reduce its consumption.

The overall effect on the economy will be that it's consumption will be reduced.

Reaction score
Yes, maybe.
That depends on the nature of the person.

Some people might love lemonade, and might also be very rich, so they will continue buying the 2 dollar lemonade.
But the ones who can't afford to pay the double price, will stop buying it, or at least reduce its consumption.

The overall effect on the economy will be that it's consumption will be reduced.
Agree!!Thanks!!

Reaction score
I teach economics, If anyone of you has any problem in this subject, you can ask here. I will be more than happy to help.
I just promited to As Level so suggest me Simple and easy Book for Economics and also its Student Guide...
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Will Substitution effect come in the scene?
As there is an increase in price so ppl will shift to substitute product!!???
Concentrate more on the given facts and figures in the data provided! They said explain your answer using the data above so instead of diverting towards substitution efftects etc, focus more on how to relate your answer to consumption and marginal and total utility!