• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics: Post your doubts here (O + A level)

Reaction score
can someone plz help me with this eco mcq!!

Q. in an economy, the volume of output rises by 4% in a year, while the quantity of money rises by 7%. If the velocity of circulation of money remains the same, what will be the increase in money value of national income and the price level?

A. money value of income by 3% and the price level by 4%
B. money value of income by 4% and the price level by 7%
C. money value of income by 7% and the price level by 3%
D. money value of income by 11% and and the price level by 7%

Reaction score
I teach economics, If anyone of you has any problem in this subject, you can ask here. I will be more than happy to help.
Hi. I need help in banks at IGCSE Level because I don't understand how they make money. I was taught that the central bank makes money buy giving "imaginary" money? Thanks for helping me. :D

Reaction score
Hi...
I am an IGCSE O LEVEL STUDENT..

fr the 2014 session, we dont have to do paper 3.. all the other sessions were including ppr 3.. becuz of this, the thresholds are kinda inaccurate as i cant compare my marks with it as i dont need to do ppr 3..

so my question is, do u xpect the threshold fr econ A* to rise or fall, without ppr 3?

thnks

Reaction score
Hi...
I am an IGCSE O LEVEL STUDENT..

fr the 2014 session, we dont have to do paper 3.. all the other sessions were including ppr 3.. becuz of this, the thresholds are kinda inaccurate as i cant compare my marks with it as i dont need to do ppr 3..

so my question is, do u xpect the threshold fr econ A* to rise or fall, without ppr 3?

thnks
It totally depends! they may make the threshold low or high as many new topics and ammendments have been made, however, it depends on the individual questions too, they may make the threshold for P2 section 1 i.e casestudy high :/ Good Luck ! :3

Reaction score
Yes as
Is A a good grade in o level economics?
Soon as you apply economics on real world
can someone plz help me with this eco mcq!!

Q. in an economy, the volume of output rises by 4% in a year, while the quantity of money rises by 7%. If the velocity of circulation of money remains the same, what will be the increase in money value of national income and the price level?

A. money value of income by 3% and the price level by 4%
B. money value of income by 4% and the price level by 7%
C. money value of income by 7% and the price level by 3%
D. money value of income by 11% and and the price level by 7%
MV=PY So answer is C
Hi. I need help in banks at IGCSE Level because I don't understand how they make money. I was taught that the central bank makes money buy giving "imaginary" money? Thanks for helping me. :D

Reaction score
It totally depends! they may make the threshold low or high as many new topics and ammendments have been made, however, it depends on the individual questions too, they may make the threshold for P2 section 1 i.e casestudy high :/ Good Luck ! :3
THAnks alot.. bt isnt the threshhold determined by the marks all the candidates obtain!?1

Reaction score
THAnks alot.. bt isnt the threshhold determined by the marks all the candidates obtain!?1
Yes it is! :3 If, candidates have performed very well the threshold will tend to be high if not it will be low! It will thus depend on how good the candidates in your centre are :p

Reaction score
Yes it is! :3 If, candidates have performed very well the threshold will tend to be high if not it will be low! It will thus depend on how good the candidates in your centre are :p
HAH.. WAT DO U THINK? w/o ppr 3 do u think the thresh holds will be higher or lower than the previous yrs?

Reaction score
HAH.. WAT DO U THINK? w/o ppr 3 do u think the thresh holds will be higher or lower than the previous yrs?
I think higher...I mean they are lifting a serious burden off our shoulders by eliminating paper 3 but again we'll have a 30 marks case study!

Reaction score
Hello :) I wanna ask about IGCSE Economics coming up next month.
I heard that there will be only 2 papers for Economics and overall mark is 100.
Do you know how to get A to C? And is the syllabus useful? Because they don't tell you specific topics to learn much.
Sorry for my stupid questions. :( I got D in prelims and I'm panicking!!

Reaction score
Hello :) I wanna ask about IGCSE Economics coming up next month.
I heard that there will be only 2 papers for Economics and overall mark is 100.
Do you know how to get A to C? And is the syllabus useful? Because they don't tell you specific topics to learn much.
Sorry for my stupid questions. :( I got D in prelims and I'm panicking!!
yup.. even i'm takin the economics this yr. If u wanna gt A, then ur writing skills must be xecellent.. probably above 82 is wat u've to aim ofor....
ans yes.. the syllabus is useful.. u can use it as a chacklist the day before the exam.

Reaction score
Economics !! has a vast syllabus !! ... and i m really panicked... wat to do ? , how to start ? ... i mean im blank !! .. plz suggest me sumthng dat hw can i get A* ..