• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Economics

videos like these might help develop some intuitive sense for macro eco

for macro eco, understanding the flows of money helps understand the practical application, however, for applying economic models and theories Paul Krugman's blogs are good:-
https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/
http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/ --- he has some overhere

other blogs
https://www.intelligenteconomist.com/top-economics-blogs-2016/
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...-to-internet-to-hash-out-big-ideas-of-our-age

Reaction score
For those of you who use Bamford for economics, I would recommend John Sloman or Lipsey Chrystal since both provide more in-depth explanations but do not use the books now since your exams are closer, in general throughout the year it would be a good idea

I would suggest Sloman over Lipsey since it is better organized along with key concepts being linked clearly throughout the book, so if you start the book at the middle it will let you connect to the base concepts, this interconnected linkage is a very useful way to study economics, even though Bamford has the interconnections those mentioned are mostly very vague

Additionally the mathematics in John Sloman is more clear than in Lipsey but that could have changed with newer editions of Lipsey I am not sure

Reaction score
For those of you who use Bamford for economics, I would recommend John Sloman or Lipsey Chrystal since both provide more in-depth explanations but do not use the books now since your exams are closer, in general throughout the year it would be a good idea

I would suggest Sloman over Lipsey since it is better organized along with key concepts being linked clearly throughout the book, so if you start the book at the middle it will let you connect to the base concepts, this interconnected linkage is a very useful way to study economics, even though Bamford has the interconnections those mentioned are mostly very vague

Additionally the mathematics in John Sloman is more clear than in Lipsey but that could have changed with newer editions of Lipsey I am not sure

Im using bamford, do u think its good enough and covers the syllabus completely

Reaction score
pls
no one ever explains why redspot is not good (actually it is good enough), compare it to the marking scheme, analyze the Red Spot answers, do the same with Qamar Baloch's answers .. both Qamar Baloch and Redspot can be purchased at any store .. Qamar Baloch is also on this site

use the Candidate Response Booklets -- these are the ones in which the CIE put forward the answers of students who get good, okay and bad marks, i have given the link in message #8403 above
where is qamar baloch's scheme can you link it?

Reaction score
Hello guys.
I used to be really active here in this community back in nov'15-july '16. Used to post a lot of answers and helped as much as I could.
So that oct nov session 17 is approaching real fast. If anyone needs help, classes(Lahore) or any sort of guidance related to these subjects, feel free to inbox me :)

Reaction score
Hi please i need help, i cannot understand how to get answer part d number 3 on the paper below
JUNE 2010 PAPER 23

Reaction score
HOME TUTOR AVAILABLE FOR O A LEVEL Economics and Accounting
Hi there, Any chance you would have a soft copy of the latest IGCSE Accounting books?
Cambridge IGCSE Accounting Student's Book by Catherine Coucom 9781107625327
Cambridge IGCSE Accounting Workbook by Catherine Coucom 9781107662018
Pretty Please.... I am desperate....

Reaction score
Yes,i think u should even i got C in as and b in a2.but only if u commerce as ur main fie ld.if u r doing science then better not take extra burden.
Thank you. In AS economics, I also got C. My field is commerce. So, should I also give Economics' retake along with business.
Actually I want to give business accelerated, but not economics accelerate.
My writing speed is slow, so what should I do: give both subjects accelerate or only one them or none? May ALMIGHTY ALLAH give you the reward in this world and HEREAFTER.