• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
th
Hi,

Q#10:

In this question u have to first work out how much x has to receive from business as a partner.

Capital for x = 240,000 (which he will receive)

Goodwill share of x= 50,000 * 3/5 = 30,000 (which he will receive)

So his total share is 240,000 + 30,000 = 270,000

Now its given that shares are issued as purchase consideration

200,000 * 1.60 = 320,000

this has to be divided equally b/w partners as directed in question. So 160,000 belongs to each partner.

Now total share of X = 270,000 out of which worth of shares he is getting is 160,000 so 270,000 - 160,000 = 110,000 will be paid in cash. (d)

Q# 26:

In this question first u have to find no. of units produced

Formula is:

Closing units + Sold units - opening units = units produced

Closing units & sold units are added because they are produced this year & opening is subtracted because they are brought forward from previous year.

Now values

3500 + 13100 - 4000 = 12600

but this is only 90 % production as mentioned in question that 10% is lost. we have to find 100 % so

12600 = 90 % of full Production(X)

12600 = 90/100 * X

12600 * 100 / 90 = X

X = 14000 Units .

So total units produced are 14,000 but we have to find labor hours. One unit requires 4 labor hours so 14000 * 4 = 56000 (C)

Hope u understand ....

thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Hi. If I want to give only CIE AS economics which is paper 1 and paper 2, which topics must I study from the official economics textbook?

Reaction score
Hi. If I want to give only CIE AS economics which is paper 1 and paper 2, which topics must I study from the official economics textbook?
Hello.firstly i would recommend you to take the As&A level economics as taking the whole Syllabus AS&A level will make get you a good hand Hand in economics and will help in University ahead,but again it's Completely Subjective so it's all up to you.The things you should get done for your AS level from the Textbooks are
Macroeconomics and the problems
International trade
Price system and government's intervention and role in it
Solutions for a correct balance of payment disequlibria.
I remember only this much as i had done all this for my AS economics 2 years back and ended up with a C.So i guess this should be enough if you're do it properly with proper guidance from the teacher(Unfortunately i din't had one) and you might end up with a C or a B depending on your hardwork and Dedicated.
P.S--A level is worth it.

Reaction score
Salam everyone!
I have done my o levels in science subjects.Now in A levels i want to change my subjects and want to opt accounting,buiseness and economics.Do these subjects requires some past knowledge from o levels or they start again from basics??

Reaction score
Salam everyone!
I have done my o levels in science subjects.Now in A levels i want to change my subjects and want to opt accounting,buiseness and economics.Do these subjects requires some past knowledge from o levels or they start again from basics??
W.salaam
I too switched. I have b.s and eco n ithink u can do it :) it doesnt require past knowldge. m doing well in it

Reaction score
Hey,what are the expected grade thresholds for economics and accounting?

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm studying A2 Business his year. I am quite confused at the moment about forward vertical integration. My textbook says one of the disadvantages of a manufacturer operating its own retail store is "consumers may suspect uncompetitive activity and react negatively." Well what the heck does that mean? I do not see the sense anywhere there, please help! Much appreciated! -Josephine

Reaction score
A level Economics scanned notes are available of Sir Munwar Ghazi. Those who are interested to purchase can inbox :)

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm studying A2 Business his year. I am quite confused at the moment about forward vertical integration. My textbook says one of the disadvantages of a manufacturer operating its own retail store is "consumers may suspect uncompetitive activity and react negatively." Well what the heck does that mean? I do not see the sense anywhere there, please help! Much appreciated! -Josephine
Since forward vertical integration takes place, the existing business takes control of the retail store too, therefore the business will tend to supply most of its products in the retail store to avoid competition. Due to this, consumers might feel the firm is trying to avoid the competition due to supplying only the firm's products. Hence consumers may restrict purchasing from the retail store.

Reaction score
Since forward vertical integration takes place, the existing business takes control of the retail store too, therefore the business will tend to supply most of its products in the retail store to avoid competition. Due to this, consumers might feel the firm is trying to avoid the competition due to supplying only the firm's products. Hence consumers may restrict purchasing from the retail store.
Personally, it doesn't make much sense to me that customers would avoid the store. Is it more likely that consumer exploitation will occur? Personally I thought the manufacturer would be able to charge lower prices because their are less intermediaries to take additional markup. Thank you anyway for the clarification!