• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
In the question, the price of each factor, the product it produces and the selling price of the product has been given.
Take X. It costs $4 and creates 2 products. It will generate revenue of $3 per product, which is $6. This is higher than the price of the factor hence more of X should be produced.
Take Y. It costs $20 and creates 5 products. It generates revenue of $3 per product, which is $15. This is lower than the price of the factor hence less of Y should be produced.

Reaction score
Hello!Anyone here who can help me out in the topic of Boston Matrix(Business studies A level).
Please Inbox me or Reply me here.I need to clear this concept before 8th june so plzz!!
:-(

Reaction score
Guyss!
Here i have a doubt...if anyone knows plz reply soon!!!
its like in strategic choice we have certain ways..in which how is ansoffs matrix used?...and basically strategic choice is the strategic decision to take up an option rite?

Reaction score
Guyss!
its like in strategic choice we have certain ways..in which how is ansoffs matrix used?...and basically strategic choice is the strategic decision to take up an option rite?
Hello!Ansoff''s matrix is a principle which will show a business How much risk is involved in it's 4 key Growth strategy which are Market penetration, Market Development, Product development and Diversification..!It is an useful tool for marketing managers,fact that it is important for every department in one or the other way but it's most important to the Marketing manager when looking ahead for boost in Revenue from sales!

Reaction score
Guyss!
Well,Strategic choice in simple sense,the way i hv remembered it,Is choosing on the right strategy after the strategies have been made.In Other words,choosing the best Strategy which will give the maximum return from the many strategies analysed.

Reaction score
Hello!Any experienced Person here On XPC who can give me a Couple of tips to Tackle the case studies and it's relevant questions in paper 32 Business studies??? Please please please tell me something which will make ot easier to tackle the Case study questions..!Guys,tag everyone Business studies champion you know.

Reaction score
Plz helppp :cry:
1. Analyse the factors that the directors should consider when choosing an appropriate source of finance for a new project?
2. Explain how different stakeholder groups might influence the decisions of an organization?

Reaction score
please explain Qu 10 and 26(nov 14 p33) a/cs

Attachments

• 9706_w14_qp_33.pdf
    157.4 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
please explain Qu 10 and 26(nov 14 p33) a/cs
Hi,

Q#10:

In this question u have to first work out how much x has to receive from business as a partner.

Capital for x = 240,000 (which he will receive)

Goodwill share of x= 50,000 * 3/5 = 30,000 (which he will receive)

So his total share is 240,000 + 30,000 = 270,000

Now its given that shares are issued as purchase consideration

200,000 * 1.60 = 320,000

this has to be divided equally b/w partners as directed in question. So 160,000 belongs to each partner.

Now total share of X = 270,000 out of which worth of shares he is getting is 160,000 so 270,000 - 160,000 = 110,000 will be paid in cash. (d)

Q# 26:

In this question first u have to find no. of units produced

Formula is:

Closing units + Sold units - opening units = units produced

Closing units & sold units are added because they are produced this year & opening is subtracted because they are brought forward from previous year.

Now values

3500 + 13100 - 4000 = 12600

but this is only 90 % production as mentioned in question that 10% is lost. we have to find 100 % so

12600 = 90 % of full Production(X)

12600 = 90/100 * X

12600 * 100 / 90 = X

X = 14000 Units .

So total units produced are 14,000 but we have to find labor hours. One unit requires 4 labor hours so 14000 * 4 = 56000 (C)

Hope u understand ....