• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
But it doesnt say Fantasia has LESS land than Sealand,only that it has more labour.So F could have more land as well and hence a comparative advantage in X.Dont you think?

And that supply curve,how does that make sense?If slope is different wouldnt DelQ/DelP be different?

It can be obviously but nothing is explicitly stated.

It's a rule.Any line passing through the origin will have unit elasticity

Reaction score
It can be obviously but nothing is explicitly stated.

It's a rule.Any line passing through the origin will have unit elasticity
Alright so both Income ED and PES will be unitary if they pass through origin.

Reaction score
No not YED.
Only PES.
There's no such rule for demand elasticities
Capture6.PNG
How is the ans C?Wouldnt inflation be caused by an increase in AD curve,that could be due to surplus in BOP?Or is surplus the reason only for Inflation,and Inflation itself doesnt affect surplus?And what are cash balances,we havent read about them nor are they mentioned anywhere.

Reaction score
View attachment 54040
How is the ans C?Wouldnt inflation be caused by an increase in AD curve,that could be due to surplus in BOP?Or is surplus the reason only for Inflation,and Inflation itself doesnt affect surplus?And what are cash balances,we havent read about them nor are they mentioned anywhere.
Inflation will be caused as a result of either i)Supply shock , ii) Demand pull or iii) Money supply

A)Balance of payment surplus;it will be caused as a result of a backward shift in AD not an increase in AD.

As inflation rises people will demand more money(in liquid form).People will also demand more money if AD rises(as income rises as a result).

Reaction score
Inflation will be caused as a result of either i)Supply shock , ii) Demand pull or iii) Money supply

A)Balance of payment surplus;it will be caused as a result of a backward shift in AD not an increase in AD.

As inflation rises people will demand more money(in liquid form).People will also demand more money if AD rises(as income rises as a result).
Wont there be a surplus if Exports minus imports increases and hence that will shift the AD curve to the right,causing inflation?

Reaction score
Wont there be a surplus if Exports minus imports increases and hence that will shift the AD curve to the right,causing inflation?
Rise in inflation causes a rise in domestic prices.
This makes exports more expensive and imports relatively cheaper.
Hence a BOP deficit.

Reaction score
Rise in inflation causes a rise in domestic prices.
This makes exports more expensive and imports relatively cheaper.
Hence a BOP deficit.
Man Eco is really contradictory and confusing.On one hand your explanation makes sense,but on the other i know that BOP surplus causes inflationary pressure as exports increase,leaving less goods in the country and hence raising their price due to less supply,and as imports will be less,it will also put pressure on domestic industry causing inflation.:confused:

Reaction score
Man Eco is really contradictory and confusing.On one hand your explanation makes sense,but on the other i know that BOP surplus causes inflationary pressure as exports increase,leaving less goods in the country and hence raising their price due to less supply,and as imports will be less,it will also put pressure on domestic industry causing inflation.:confused:
Yes economics is like that.lol
It's subjective.
There are always some questions in the paper to stop one from scoring full.
I have done 4 papers up until now and have come across such a question in every paper

Reaction score
Yes economics is like that.lol
It's subjective.
There are always some questions in the paper to stop one from scoring full.
I have done 4 papers up until now and have come across such a question in every paper
Yeah theres always one question.I've gotten 29 twice but always lose out due to such stupid questions :mad:

Reaction score
A) devaluation of currency would mean imports becoming more expensive thus imported inflation(wrong choice)
C) same as A
D) the removal of import tariffs won't help lowering BOP deficit.

Q24.
Decrease in taxes and increase in investment will shift the demand curve to right.
A decrease in tariffs will increase imports by not much as still tariff remains.
Answer should be D

Q5
Apply all the options.The one which stands true will be the answer