• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
okay now m confuse lol.. should i go with john sloman or alain anderton lol?
Nothing to be confused of. Go for John Sloman if you're fine with long reading texts. Anderton's notes are very brief, yet easy to understand.
I've been using John Sloman for references and Colin Bamford (textbook) throughout my A Levels journey. In fact, Sloman's notes were more than sufficient alrd.

Reaction score
Nothing to be confused of. Go for John Sloman if you're fine with long reading texts. Anderton's notes are very brief, yet easy to understand.
I've been using John Sloman for references and Colin Bamford (textbook) throughout my A Levels journey. In fact, Sloman's notes were more than sufficient alrd.
Thanks much =)

Reaction score
Income outflow.

Since it will be serving African nations;exports.
So in simple words its exporting cars and accepting Mauritian currency for it hence improving visible trade and then sending those profits back to the US by converting into Dollars hence money moves out and invisible balance worsens?Is the invisible balance worker remittance or the company sending the earrings back to the US?

Btw you giving Eco AS this session too?I have some more questions as well.

Reaction score
So in simple words its exporting cars and accepting Mauritian currency for it hence improving visible trade and then sending those profits back to the US by converting into Dollars hence money moves out and invisible balance worsens?Is the invisible balance worker remittance or the company sending the earrings back to the US?

Btw you giving Eco AS this session too?I have some more questions as well.
Yes.
Both remittances and earnings.

I'm giving Eco A levels.Yeah sure you can ask.

Reaction score
Capture1.PNG
OK so this is similar to the last one, so im just confirming now that i know the procedure.Trade in will improve due to supply outside and current balance will be uncertain as it will depend on value of trade in and outflow of income right?
Capture2.PNG
And in this one all 4 are characteristics of money so what makes C stand out?I chose D as i thought it must have some intrinsic value,but in MS it said C.All 4 make sense but C is the correct ans :/
Heyyy

Reaction score
View attachment 54007
OK so this is similar to the last one, so im just confirming now that i know the procedure.Trade in will improve due to supply outside and current balance will be uncertain as it will depend on value of trade in and outflow of income right?
View attachment 54008
And in this one all 4 are characteristics of money so what makes C stand out?I chose D as i thought it must have some intrinsic value,but in MS it said C.All 4 make sense but C is the correct ans :/
Heyyy
For Q27 yes.Current balance will be uncertain as it includes all the components.

Q4,
A is not correct as durability is not essential for it to be a mode of exchange.
Intrinsic value is something that involves more than just the purchasing value which is not true for money.Assets usually have intrinsic value but they can't be used as a medium of exchange.
Money must be limited in supply so that it holds a value;unlimited supply would mean close to zero purchasing power

Reaction score
For Q27 yes.Current balance will be uncertain as it includes all the components.

Q4,
A is not correct as durability is not essential for it to be a mode of exchange.
Intrinsic value is something that involves more than just the purchasing value which is not true for money.Assets usually have intrinsic value but they can't be used as a medium of exchange.
Money must be limited in supply so that it holds a value;unlimited supply would mean close to zero purchasing power
And what about B?Shouldnt it be approved by the government to be widely used a medium of exchange?

Reaction score
Capture3.PNG
How is the answer D?Shouldnt it be B as all curves pass through the origin and have constant PES but S3 has higher at each point than S1? Capture4.PNG
Is the answer C because the OC for production of X for Fantasia will be high as its labour will go unused?
Heyyy

Reaction score
View attachment 54011
How is the answer D?Shouldnt it be B as all curves pass through the origin and have constant PES but S3 has higher at each point than S1? View attachment 54012
Is the answer C because the OC for production of X for Fantasia will be high as its labour will go unused?
Heyyy
Any supply curve passing through the origin has a unitary elasticity.
So all will be same i.e unit.

Sealand has a comparative advantage in X because it has plentiful land and X involves use of more land than labour.
The opportunity costs are constant for alternate uses in each country.

Reaction score
Any supply curve passing through the origin has a unitary elasticity.
So all will be same i.e unit.

Sealand has a comparative advantage in X because it has plentiful land and X involves use of more land than labour.
The opportunity costs are constant for alternate uses in each country.
But it doesnt say Fantasia has LESS land than Sealand,only that it has more labour.So F could have more land as well and hence a comparative advantage in X.Dont you think?

And that supply curve,how does that make sense?If slope is different wouldnt DelQ/DelP be different?