• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

dreamzzzzzzzzz

Reaction score
y
Great wife? Really? I threatened my mom that if she EVER talks about my marriage, I'll run away.
I've always wanted to adopt an orphan though. Prolly that's the first thing I'll do once I settle down, Insha Allah. =)
ya i noe..bt if we dont turn up to be agood wofe.den wats d use..
so dat sy..!!

Reaction score
I don't know the verse but I m sure I heard this in Quran that when a child is born, Allah enters love into the hearts of the parents and it was proceeded that don't kill your child thinking who would feed them, it's Allah who provides 'Rizk'. I m 100% sure there is a verse like this.

Reaction score
Found this: (Though not on topic, but It would really help someone.)

say: come i will recite what your lord has forbidden to you-- (remember) that you do not associate anything with him and show kindness to your parents, and do not slay your children for (fear of) poverty-- we provide for you and for them-- and do not draw nigh to indecencies, those of them which are apparent and those which are concealed, and do not kill the soul which allah has forbidden except for the requirements of justice; this he has enjoined you with that you may understand 7- Chapter: 6 , Verse: 151

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.” (Quran 31:14)

Prophet Muhammad reinforced the duty to be kind to parents. A companion of the Prophet once asked him which of the many good deeds a man can do is the most loved by God. Prophet Muhammad answered him by saying, “To offer the prayer in its proper time”. The companion then asked, “And what is next?” to which Prophet Muhammad replied, “To be good and dutiful to your parents…”[1]. The responsibility to be kind and good to parents comes right after the greatest duty in Islam, the prayer.

Reaction score
u needa grow up (no offence).... :p I used to think the same way (but I never threatened my parents..)
Then when you cross 20 you realise.. hey what happened to my thought process! :D ... There is a reason humankind was created in pairs...

On the other hand a serious kindda advice; don't ever stab ur mum's heart by telling her that you'll run away... you can't imagine how much parents love their children. (even if they don't show it)

An Arab Poem about A Mother’s Heart
One day a man tempted a foolish boy
With his money to safeguard the boy from harm.
He told him: “Boy, bring me the heart of your mother,
And to you i’ll give jewels, coins, and pearls.”
So he went and sheathed a dagger with his Mother’s chest
And the Heart he took out and went back the way he came,
But because of his excess haste, he fell
And the heart, covered with blood, rolled along as he stumbled.
The Mother’s Heart called him while being covered with dirt
“Son! My beloved! Are you hurt?!”
And suddenly, even though the voice was very compassionate,
It was as if the wrath of the heaven had fallen on the boy
And so, he unsheathed his dagger to stab himself,
A stabbing to become an example for those who heed examples.
But, just as the blade was about to pierce his own heart,
The Heart of the mother called him saying “Stop your hand!
Do not kill my heart twice in the same place!”

-Ibrahim B. Mikhail Al-Mundhir
No OMG I didn't mean threaten threaten. I love my parents to death, and there's NO WORLD without my mother. May Allah give them a long and happy life. I didn't realize it could be taken so seriously :| And my mum didn't even take it as a 'threat'. She just gave the 'Yeah-right-where-else-would-you go' face.
Oh, and no offense, Chill :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
No OMG I didn't mean threaten threaten. I love my parents to death, and there's NO WORLD without my mother. May Allah give them a long and happy life. I didn't realize it could be taken so seriously :| And my mum didn't even take it as a 'threat'. She just gave the 'Yeah-right-where-else-would-you go' face.
Oh, and no offense, Chill :)
relieved to hear that! :)

P.S. found the reason for marriage:
"And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought." (30:21)
:)

Reaction score
relieved to hear that! :)

P.S. found the reason for marriage:
"And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought." (30:21)
:)
The way Islam has portrayed a husband-wife relationship is no doubt, beautiful! I don't have a problem with marriage. It's how our society has destroyed the image. I read Mehreen Kasana's 'The Shaadi Manifesto' And it SO FITS! Here, I'll link it. It's a must read.
http://mehreenkasana.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/the-shaadi-manifesto/

Reaction score
Great wife? Really? I threatened my mom that if she EVER talks about my marriage, I'll run away.
I've always wanted to adopt an orphan though. Prolly that's the first thing I'll do once I settle down, Insha Allah. =)
i too have the same thinking :D xD

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
The way Islam has portrayed a husband-wife relationship is no doubt, beautiful! I don't have a problem with marriage. It's how our society has destroyed the image. I read Mehreen Kasana's 'The Shaadi Manifesto' And it SO FITS! Here, I'll link it. It's a must read.

http://mehreenkasana.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/the-shaadi-manifesto/

I think your thought process will change as you mature more but the article you mentioned, I went through all of it... and Alhamdulillah I don't think like that author... coz towards the end she said exactly what I inferred about her beliefs (or thinking process).

I've some thoughts and advices I'd like to share for your benefit and mine, beiznillah.

1. Some places she is right especially about society, I agree that they just put useless pressure on you instead of minding their own business. Also no one can force a person to marry, Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A previously-married woman has more right concerning herself than her guardian, and the permission of a virgin should be sought (regarding marriage), and her permission is her silence.” Narrated by Muslim, 1421. And it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a virgin girl came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him that her father had married her off against her objections. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave her the choice. Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2096; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

But you NEED to stop reading such depressing people, I mean the way she wants to punch the T.V and her language style tells a lot about her… Here is the same issue about society’s pressure in marriage is discussed by a knowledgeable lady (notice, no cuss words and do read the comments at end)

http://sadaffarooqi.com/2008/02/23/the-elusive-bhabi/

And if you see Islam, it makes marriage so easy… plus it focuses on you having a happier married life. There is no Idea of a ceremony that costs thousands of dollars and expensive dresses etc., all of it for what? Showoff! After that kind of ceremony the married couple would probably be in debt and you seriously expect to be ‘happy’ in debt? Joke… Instead Islam make process cheap and easy so zina becomes difficult, you just need to be able to provide for the family within reason to be eligible for marriage.(And no concept of dowry either, there is mahr that wife receives!) As far as I know there is just a ‘nikah’ in masjid and a simple ‘valima’ meal… Instead of dissing marriage we need to imitate the Prophet (S.A.W).

2. I wanted to mention Islamic position on marriage, but before one is ready to accept that one needs to take a step back and know why does it matter so much?
The thing I found detestable about her thinking process, what she lets out at the end (in bold), is:

“Live life the way you want to.”
And we are bombarded everywhere with this idea, some societies say we are free, we have freedom. Does that mean you are free to break the law of their land (like not follow traffic rules, steal, cheat etc.)? No! It means you are free to break the law of Allah, do as you want in terms of religion.
If you see how Quran starts after the ‘basmala’ it says Alhamdu (all praise and gratitude) lillahi (be to Allah) Rabbil Aalameen (the RABB of the 'Alamin [mankind, jinns and all that exists]). ArRahman (Extremely merciful, whose mercy is acting on us right now as huge torrents) ArRaheem (the constantly merciful).

But wait, what does RABB means? The opposite of RABB is 'ABD, a slave. So Rabb means a master/lord.
When used for Allah Rabb = AsSayyid (The Master) + AlMurrabbi (The one who takes care) + AlMunim (The one who favours) + Qayyim (always around) + AlMaalik (The complete owner/authority)

So even in the introduction, the relationship we have with Allah is that we are slaves and He is the master. Slavery has always been looked down upon because the masters are bad, Our Master Allah is ArRahman ArRaheem (In another place Allah rightly mentions “…if you count the Blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them...”14:34 Eyes, tongue, hearing, food… to infinity) we actually love being slaves of Allah, there is no master like Allah. That’s why half way down the surah we say ‘eeyaka na’budu’ (you alone do we worship) we are literally enslaving ourselves to Allah as (according to tafsir ibn Kathir) `Ibadah implies the utmost love, humility and fear.

So bottom line is we are slaves of Allah and that’s a really honorable position to be in… If Allah is showing us extreme love He calls us ‘Ya Ibbadi’ - O my slaves. Now slavery is very different from service/job. Slavery is not limited to time (no set working hours, a slave’s always a slave) or an act, a slave has no rights, no job description; a slave does whatever the master commands. (Picture Ibrahim AS leaving his family in desert now, see how a slave of Allah is? Picture the gushing water of ZamZam, see how Allah blesses His slave.)

Wait, does that mean others who act as they are ‘free’ better off? Absolutely NOT. Those who don’t submit to Allah have to submit to everything else; their desires, their family, what others think of them etc… As Iqbal, the poet, said: Wo aik Sajda jisay tu giran samajhta hai, hazaar sajdon say deta hai admi ko nijaat (This one prostration which you deem too exacting liberates man from a thousand prostrations).

Now the cool part is there are side benefits of slavery to Allah that are amazing, among them is the peace and contentment one gets. Another benefit is that which He (S.W.T) mentions after a long list of inheritance laws “And Allah wants to lighten for you [your difficulties]; and mankind was created weak.”(4:28) so the more we obey Him, the easier life gets. Everyone has to work in this life, we can either work while obeying Allah and being a slave or we can go about disobeying him; He is the ‘Maliki yawmi addeen’ - Master of the Day of Judgment. In the end there will be justice.

3. Now that we have established that the best way to follow anywhere is not ‘the way I want’ it’s rather the way my Rabb wants; you’d (inshaAllah) appreciate more that in Islam it is highly recommended that one who can get married, gets married (especially for young people). Marriage is one of the ways of our Messengers. Allah told us in Quran to obey Allah and obey the Messenger (see 64:12 etc.).
the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O young men, whoever among you can afford it, let him get married, for it is more effective in lowering the gaze and guarding one’s chastity.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5065) and Muslim (1400).

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Three people came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asking about the worship of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). When they were told, it was as if they regarded it as too little. They said: Who are we in comparison to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Allaah has forgiven his past and future sins. One of them said: As for me, I will pray all night forever. Another said: I shall fast all my life and never break my fast. Another said: I shall keep away from women and never get married. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and said: “Are you the ones who said such and such? By Allaah, I am the one who fears Allaah the most among you and I am the most pious, but I fast and I break my fast, I pray and I sleep, and I marry women. Whoever turns away from my Sunnah is not of me.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5063) and Muslim (1401).

Read More

Allah knows best, I had to share my thoughts since I think the concept I mentioned makes life so simple yet most of us are unaware of it. :)

Reaction score
since my childhood i loved painting,drawing ect and so want 2 become an artist soon...inshallah
but obviously after my studies....if not then atleast a good mom nwife
my ultimate dream is 2 enter jannah

Reaction score
I think your thought process will change as you mature more but the article you mentioned, I went through all of it... and Alhamdulillah I don't think like that author... coz towards the end she said exactly what I inferred about her beliefs (or thinking process).

I've some thoughts and advices I'd like to share for your benefit and mine, beiznillah.

1. Some places she is right especially about society, I agree that they just put useless pressure on you instead of minding their own business. Also no one can force a person to marry, Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A previously-married woman has more right concerning herself than her guardian, and the permission of a virgin should be sought (regarding marriage), and her permission is her silence.” Narrated by Muslim, 1421. And it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a virgin girl came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him that her father had married her off against her objections. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave her the choice. Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2096; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

But you NEED to stop reading such depressing people, I mean the way she wants to punch the T.V and her language style tells a lot about her… Here is the same issue about society’s pressure in marriage is discussed by a knowledgeable lady (notice, no cuss words and do read the comments at end)

http://sadaffarooqi.com/2008/02/23/the-elusive-bhabi/

And if you see Islam, it makes marriage so easy… plus it focuses on you having a happier married life. There is no Idea of a ceremony that costs thousands of dollars and expensive dresses etc., all of it for what? Showoff! After that kind of ceremony the married couple would probably be in debt and you seriously expect to be ‘happy’ in debt? Joke… Instead Islam make process cheap and easy so zina becomes difficult, you just need to be able to provide for the family within reason to be eligible for marriage.(And no concept of dowry either, there is mahr that wife receives!) As far as I know there is just a ‘nikah’ in masjid and a simple ‘valima’ meal… Instead of dissing marriage we need to imitate the Prophet (S.A.W).

2. I wanted to mention Islamic position on marriage, but before one is ready to accept that one needs to take a step back and know why does it matter so much?
The thing I found detestable about her thinking process, what she lets out at the end (in bold), is:

“Live life the way you want to.”
And we are bombarded everywhere with this idea, some societies say we are free, we have freedom. Does that mean you are free to break the law of their land (like not follow traffic rules, steal, cheat etc.)? No! It means you are free to break the law of Allah, do as you want in terms of religion.
If you see how Quran starts after the ‘basmala’ it says Alhamdu (all praise and gratitude) lillahi (be to Allah) Rabbil Aalameen (the RABB of the 'Alamin [mankind, jinns and all that exists]). ArRahman (Extremely merciful, whose mercy is acting on us right now as huge torrents) ArRaheem (the constantly merciful).

But wait, what does RABB means? The opposite of RABB is 'ABD, a slave. So Rabb means a master/lord.
When used for Allah Rabb = AsSayyid (The Master) + AlMurrabbi (The one who takes care) + AlMunim (The one who favours) + Qayyim (always around) + AlMaalik (The complete owner/authority)

So even in the introduction, the relationship we have with Allah is that we are slaves and He is the master. Slavery has always been looked down upon because the masters are bad, Our Master Allah is ArRahman ArRaheem (In another place Allah rightly mentions “…if you count the Blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them...”14:34 Eyes, tongue, hearing, food… to infinity) we actually love being slaves of Allah, there is no master like Allah. That’s why half way down the surah we say ‘eeyaka na’budu’ (you alone do we worship) we are literally enslaving ourselves to Allah as (according to tafsir ibn Kathir) `Ibadah implies the utmost love, humility and fear.

So bottom line is we are slaves of Allah and that’s a really honorable position to be in… If Allah is showing us extreme love He calls us ‘Ya Ibbadi’ - O my slaves. Now slavery is very different from service/job. Slavery is not limited to time (no set working hours, a slave’s always a slave) or an act, a slave has no rights, no job description; a slave does whatever the master commands. (Picture Ibrahim AS leaving his family in desert now, see how a slave of Allah is? Picture the gushing water of ZamZam, see how Allah blesses His slave.)

Wait, does that mean others who act as they are ‘free’ better off? Absolutely NOT. Those who don’t submit to Allah have to submit to everything else; their desires, their family, what others think of them etc… As Iqbal, the poet, said: Wo aik Sajda jisay tu giran samajhta hai, hazaar sajdon say deta hai admi ko nijaat (This one prostration which you deem too exacting liberates man from a thousand prostrations).

Now the cool part is there are side benefits of slavery to Allah that are amazing, among them is the peace and contentment one gets. Another benefit is that which He (S.W.T) mentions after a long list of inheritance laws “And Allah wants to lighten for you [your difficulties]; and mankind was created weak.”(4:28) so the more we obey Him, the easier life gets. Everyone has to work in this life, we can either work while obeying Allah and being a slave or we can go about disobeying him; He is the ‘Maliki yawmi addeen’ - Master of the Day of Judgment. In the end there will be justice.

3. Now that we have established that the best way to follow anywhere is not ‘the way I want’ it’s rather the way my Rabb wants; you’d (inshaAllah) appreciate more that in Islam it is highly recommended that one who can get married, gets married (especially for young people). Marriage is one of the ways of our Messengers. Allah told us in Quran to obey Allah and obey the Messenger (see 64:12 etc.).
the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O young men, whoever among you can afford it, let him get married, for it is more effective in lowering the gaze and guarding one’s chastity.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5065) and Muslim (1400).

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Three people came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asking about the worship of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). When they were told, it was as if they regarded it as too little. They said: Who are we in comparison to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Allaah has forgiven his past and future sins. One of them said: As for me, I will pray all night forever. Another said: I shall fast all my life and never break my fast. Another said: I shall keep away from women and never get married. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and said: “Are you the ones who said such and such? By Allaah, I am the one who fears Allaah the most among you and I am the most pious, but I fast and I break my fast, I pray and I sleep, and I marry women. Whoever turns away from my Sunnah is not of me.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5063) and Muslim (1401).

Read More

Allah knows best, I had to share my thoughts since I think the concept I mentioned makes life so simple yet most of us are unaware of it. :)
The knowledge that you comprise about Islam, is impeccable! Masha Allah.
I read Sadaf Farooqi's blog. That's exactly what I meant to say. The problem with our society is they think they have the ability to judge a book by it's cover. It's kinda frustrating when you go to weddings and aunties start asking your age and what you think about getting married early to a well settled guy and not continue your studies. (Mind you, this happened.) Why would you ask such foolish questions? Why would you go around the hall with those eagle eyes and prey on girls who you think would look good with your son? Why would you stand in a corner with like minded aunties and pass comments on girls you didn't like? THIS is what I DESPISE. THIS is what's NEVER going to change. Prolly that image has made me think that way about marriage.
Truly, I'm gonna re-think over it.
May Allah guide us all! :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
The knowledge that you comprise about Islam, is impeccable! Masha Allah.
I read Sadaf Farooqi's blog. That's exactly what I meant to say. The problem with our society is they think they have the ability to judge a book by it's cover. It's kinda frustrating when you go to weddings and aunties start asking your age and what you think about getting married early to a well settled guy and not continue your studies. (Mind you, this happened.) Why would you ask such foolish questions? Why would you go around the hall with those eagle eyes and prey on girls who you think would look good with your son? Why would you stand in a corner with like minded aunties and pass comments on girls you didn't like? THIS is what I DESPISE. THIS is what's NEVER going to change. Prolly that image has made me think that way about marriage.
Truly, I'm gonna re-think over it.
May Allah guide us all! :)

Ameen, may Allah grant you the coolness of your eyes with ease and may He increase you in Eeman, knowledge and actions in line with them.

Reaction score
iv just got a lotta dreams
1.get into an ivy league uni
2. become a great psychologist or photographer (freelance)
3. get married, have kids and enjoy the blessings of that life - and earn rewards simultaneously
4. open a center for the dyslexic (hope i got the spelling ryt)
5. go bungee jumping
6. meet some of the world's most famous ppl

And most importantly enter Jannah...Aameen

Reaction score
Once in a day I want to do sky diving and para gliding , both are my wishes. I want to fulfill it very desperately and want to spend my beautiful time with my mom and dad. I don't have any other dreams that I cant fulfill it but, just wanted to do such kind of things.

Reaction score
Once in a day I want to do sky diving and para gliding , both are my wishes. I want to fulfill it very desperately and want to spend my beautiful time with my mom and dad. I don't have any other dreams that I cant fulfill it but, just wanted to do such kind of things.
wow//...same here i wish evn i cld do sky diving nd plus scuba diving..!!

Reaction score
1.i wanna open an orphanage sum day inshallah....
2.i also wanna try all the most xtreme sprts in the wrld( although i dnt knw hw, considering im bad wid heights)
3.i want to have a world tour at least once
4. Most Importntly: I want to ace my exams!!!!:)

Reaction score
I don't know the verse but I m sure I heard this in Quran that when a child is born, Allah enters love into the hearts of the parents and it was proceeded that don't kill your child thinking who would feed them, it's Allah who provides 'Rizk'. I m 100% sure there is a verse like this.
It was some thing like we should not kill children thinking that how will we feed them and as Allah Provides food for us he will also provide food for them...

Reaction score
It was some thing like we should not kill children thinking that how will we feed them and as Allah Provides food for us he will also provide food for them...
come i will recite what your lord has forbidden to you-- (remember) that you do not associate anything with him and show kindness to your parents, and do not slay your children for (fear of) poverty-- we provide for you and for them-- and do not draw nigh to indecencies, those of them which are apparent and those which are concealed, and do not kill the soul which allah has forbidden except for the requirements of justice; this he has enjoined you with that you may understand 7- Chapter: 6 , Verse: 151

Reaction score
1. want to memorize the Quran with its meaning
2. want to become the best ophthalmologist of my time
3 . want to get married and get settled in a land without mental and environmental pollution

Reaction score
  1. Keep up to my father's expectations
  2. Keep up to my father's expectations
  3. Keep up to my father's expectations
  4. Keep up to my father's expectations
  5. Keep up to my father's expectations
  6. Keep up to my father's expectations
  7. Keep up to my father's expectations
  8. Keep up to my father's expectations
  9. Keep up to my father's expectations
  10. Keep up to my father's expectations
P.S. my father expects me to be the best in everything! :D