• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Does Private Candidate Can get Admission in Universities If she Had Bad Grades

Reaction score
So I was Thinking if i appear as a private candidate and got 4b 1c 3d Will i be able to get Admission in Good Universities.If you are appearing as a private candidate there is same checking of papers of students who gave Papers appearing from school.

Reaction score
So I was Thinking if i appear as a private candidate and got 4b 1c 3d Will i be able to get Admission in Good Universities.If you are appearing as a private candidate there is same checking of papers of students who gave Papers appearing from school.

Hi,

Your first step in this process should be that you must find out the eligibility criteria of the desired university that you wish to get admission in especially in the city you reside in assuming you are living in Pakistan.

To find out the eligibility criteria you should call the university directly (be sure once you get in contact you are talking to a responsible person who can guide you correctly by providing legit information) or you can visit the desired university personally. I will recommend visiting, plus do NOT rely on ONLINE information of their official website, talking directly and visiting is much better.

In Most Pakistani Universities Equivalence by IBCC is a requirement.

Equivalence means that you will submit all of your O level grades and A level grades to IBCC once you have passed all subjects.IBCC will take out an average of the grades you have received in percentage (Its all math that is their job).

An OFFICIAL example from IBCC’s website on how to convert the grades you receive from CIE.

(For Medical/Pre-Engineering Group) Subject of GCE ‘O’ level Grade Pak Marks

English Language A* 90

Urdu A* 90

Islamiyat A* 90

Pakistan Studies A* 90

Physics A* 90

Chemistry A* 90

Biology/Computer Studies/I.T/ICT A* 90

Mathematics A* 90

TOTAL 720

Subject of GCE ‘A’ level

Physics A* 90

Chemistry A* 90

Biology or Mathematics A* 90

TOTAL 270

Total = (990 × 1100)/1100 = 990/1100 (Pre-Medical / Pre-Engineering group)

Pakistani Universities are least bothered about the fact from where you complete your ‘O’ Level/IGCSE and A Levels whether you did it from a school or as a private candidate or from planet Mars……It doesn’t matter!!

What the university wants is Equivalence which I explained above.

Why Pakistani Universities demand Equivalence?

Because the system IBCC (Inter Board Committee of Chairmen) guarantees the legitimacy of the Grades.

END NOTE:

1) Always aim high in the grades department because IF you get anything below an ‘E’ grade for example F,G or U.IBCC will NOT grant you the Equivalence. You will be in trouble because IBCC will tell you to improve your grade to at least “E” or “above” so better get it right the first time if you don’t wish to delay a semester in your desired university.

2) Keep all the original documents like your O level/IGCSE and A Level results awarded by CIE safe. You don’t want to lose them once the time comes for submitting it to IBCC.IBCC does not accept fake or photocopied documents.

That’s all for now, hope this information benefited you and everyone else. If there is anything else feel free to ask.