• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Do i do the latest pastpapers(2010-2014) or the old ones(2002-2010)?Some tips for pastpapers too plz

Reaction score
Hi guys,i really need some help.As the topic statesstates,are the old pastpapers more important or the latest ones?And can you give me any tips for quickly doing pastpapers?i printed all the pastpapers from 2010-2014 but dont have any unsolved ones from 2002-2010,except the solved ones from the topical.So do i buy the unsolved ones for 2002-2010?Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.I am really worried and tensed.My first exam is only 21 days away!!!I am appearing for the three sciences, maths,addmaths and English Language.

Reaction score
i dont know about these subjects in particular but i think the more past papers you do the better pay close attention to those after 2009 solve the papers and check them with the marking scheme... and also try reading the examiner report just a simple reading if you have time best of luck !

Reaction score
Hi guys,i really need some help.As the topic statesstates,are the old pastpapers more important or the latest ones?And can you give me any tips for quickly doing pastpapers?i printed all the pastpapers from 2010-2014 but dont have any unsolved ones from 2002-2010,except the solved ones from the topical.So do i buy the unsolved ones for 2002-2010?Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.I am really worried and tensed.My first exam is only 21 days away!!!I am appearing for the three sciences, maths,addmaths and English Language.
2010-2014

Reaction score
for an A/A*
you need to do at least 10 years of paperpapers
i.e 2005-2014

Absolutely not necessary. If you can manage 2010-2014, both variants, that'd be pretty good. I think you guys have 2 variants per year, so that makes it 4 paper per year and overall 20 papers. Now, if you find a topic particularly difficult, you can do it's topical questions as well. Ideally, you want to do as many as you can, but in a limited time frame, do the latest ones.

Reaction score
Absolutely not necessary. If you can manage 2010-2014, both variants, that'd be pretty good. I think you guys have 2 variants per year, so that makes it 4 paper per year and overall 20 papers. Now, if you find a topic particularly difficult, you can do it's topical questions as well. Ideally, you want to do as many as you can, but in a limited time frame, do the latest ones.
ofcourse if u have limited time, u need to do only the latest papers of a few years
but before 2009, u only have 2 variants per year so its much easier and less time consuming, as u could also skip some questions.
but the point to be noted is that, in old papers that are from 2005-2009 , there is one or two questions in the paper which are difficult and once u master them u wont have any difficulty during ur exams as in the latest years, those type of questions are being repeated which was the case in the 2015 chemistry paper a few days ago

and yes if u have done topical past papers, then 4-5 years of papers are enough

Reaction score
ofcourse if u have limited time, u need to do only the latest papers of a few years
but before 2009, u only have 2 variants per year so its much easier and less time consuming, as u could also skip some questions.
but the point to be noted is that, in old papers that are from 2005-2009 , there is one or two questions in the paper which are difficult and once u master them u wont have any difficulty during ur exams as in the latest years, those type of questions are being repeated which was the case in the 2015 chemistry paper a few days ago

and yes if u have done topical past papers, then 4-5 years of papers are enough
Bro. mere theory itne ache nhi hai lekin meine p.p 2007-12 tak kiye hai MS ko dekhar. tou mere acha grade aa sakta hai in p4?

Reaction score
Bro. mere theory itne ache nhi hai lekin meine p.p 2007-12 tak kiye hai MS ko dekhar. tou mere acha grade aa sakta hai in p4?
i couldnt tell much but u have to test urself. Open up a paper and solve it without looking at MS and then see how u did. Do this for 3 papers and take an average
pata chal jai ga kitnay pani me ho