• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

[DISCUSSION & RESOURCES] CIE ECONOMICS

What type of stuff do you want?

• Dictionaries!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summary of Chapters?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi, here's another one for our beloved IGCSE Economics 0455. (Just made this thread for my reference and maybe to help other people :))

I will be updating the thread regularly, but just in case, please join the FB Group HERE

Dictionaries for now though ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DICTIONARY

Source :
I-Study.co.uk
Investopedia
Wikipedia
Textbook

Word Document Download

PDF Download
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE TO COME!

Reaction score
Guys if I mention a relevant point in my answer which is not mentioned in the mark scheme, do I get the mark or examiners just stick with their given notes?

Reaction score
guys i need URGENT help on this question!

5 A government decides that an economy should make more use of the market.

Which policy might help to achieve this?

A a decrease in controls on imported goods

B an increase in government ownership of land

C an increase in subsidies to industry

D the fixing of minimum wage levels for workers

The answer of this question is A. my question is, what do they mean by making "more use of the market"?

A reply is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Well they mean, when the market economy is dominant.. That is the government had less to do with the market and economy.. And so in is case, removing or reducing the controls over the imports would be reducing government influence, and participation in the market..

ohh thanks I get it now.

Reaction score
If you want to learn from the comfort of your own home, I am available to teach IGCSE/Olevels subjects online via Skype ...

Subjects :
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics
English
Urdu
Pakistan studies
Economics

I've got lots of helpful resources and study tips to help you ace your IGCSE exams. My working hours are also quite flexible.

Did you know the best way to learn is by having a student teach you? That's because they can understand you better because they had the same exact confusions once. That's why group studying works so well!

If you'd like more information, feel free to contact me.