• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Discuss about Aga khan interview here!

smj

Reaction score
Hello all!
congratulations to all who cleared the test and to those who didn't clear it don't be let down as there are other colleges out there that you will definitely get into. Inshallah
And there's always next year

All those of you who have any queries about the interview maybe I can help as I have talked to a lot of students who were in my school last year and are in AKU right now as first year medical students.
And of course you guys out there can help me so post ur queries here and discuss about the interview here!
And of course Goodluck to all!

smj

Reaction score
Well hassam. In the interview they would just want to know about you as in how u are as a person.
There will be two interviewers each will put questions in front of you differently as they both will have different styles of asking
Just be your self and never lie because these people are really good at there job and trust me that they must have taken thousands of interviews before so they will catch you.
Questions may be like
Tell us about yourself?
How do you spend your free time?
Hobbies?
They might give you different situations and check your decision making and stree handling ability
They will ask about what happens if you don't get in Aga khan so always have a back up plan
And of course the very obvious that why out of so many students they should pick you so u better have a good answer for this one!

Just remember that they already know your academic ability so continuously mentioning ur grades is of no use. Try to persuade them into beliving that your Aga khan material without sounding desperate

And all in all just be ur self and confident as they themselves after all are people like you and me!

Reaction score
hmm...thancx....well cn u guide wat kind of things i can say in anser to why they shud choose me,,,,,,,i cn tell them abt academics.....advantages i cn bring to aku by participating in co-curriculars ....such kind of things??

smj

Reaction score
See every one has there own specific answer to this question.
The trick is that all the students being interviewed will have the grades and they will all say that they love medicine and it was made for them.
What you have to do is say something completely different and unique or at least try to. This will require a lot of thinking over as to why you want to be a doctor personally.
I would avoid saying because of the money!
Or that I want to help my country or anything that is very obvious as all other students will say it!

You have to pose that you want to do medicine and that is your goal and that not getting into aku is not the end of your life.

Reaction score
1) greet with a smile
2) maintain eye contact.
3) dont waffle
4) if you do not know answer to question, tell them that.
5) avoid giving one word answer to questions like Do you like sports? Say yes or no with a explanatory statement.
6) Neither should you talk incessantly
7) Maintain eye contact and smile when appropriate
8) dont lean back or fold your arms

Reaction score
9) Dont dress up in bright colours. Be sophisticated. Dont try to act over-smart.
10) Boys: Go for a tie,
Girls: dont keep you hair open. Tie them up neatly

Reaction score
Moat importantly, google standard interview questions and prepare the answers mentally. PREPARE, PRACTICE are keys for pulling off a good interview

Reaction score
well i went through some of medical interviews....they ask such questions also....if u had a patient who had brain tumour....how u ll open this news to patient......

Reaction score
That's a bummer. Who amongst us knows medical ethics at this stage :p Khair, even if they pose such a question, should keep your calm, take a moment or two to sort out a response mentally and then let it out

smj

Reaction score
in the above question y hassam, they are trying to test how sympathetic and caring you are towards a patient.
you can start by saying that you would first tell a family member youand then ask them the pateint would take the news, as the pateints immediate family would know him or her best.
You can then carefully break the news to him

don't say that you will not tell the patient face to face but would prefer telling their family as this would show that you are not good with handling people.

also some people will not belive it untill they hear such a thing from there doctor in person!

Hope that helps.:D

Reaction score
well i went through some of medical interviews....they ask such questions also....if u had a patient who had brain tumour....how u ll open this news to patient......
R u talking about that video on youtube? I assure you they ask no such questions. The question was for an american medical college interview

Reaction score
Hmm,what sort of credentials should we take with us to the interview? Would they take the time to look at them or something or is the interview just about our confidence and personal stuff etc etc?

Reaction score
well ...i guess some of guyx are done with their interviews....so cn u please tell wat kind of questions they asked.....in detail please

smj

Reaction score
There's no point in knowing the questions as they will ask you about your personal stuff such as you, your family, strenghts and weaknesses etc.
About your friends, why u want to be a good doctor, what defines a good doctor, why aku, are you an independant thinker etc
About taking in your certificates or not well most of them don't really want it on paper as that would ruin the point of the interview itself. Just relax be yourself and don't freak out.
Mine went smoothly and even if i don't get in its not the end of the world.
It's just sheer competition!
Belive in urself and be confident
GOOD LUCK!:LOL::whistle:

smj

Reaction score
One more thing you can still take your certificates just in case they ask for proof which they rarely do.

Reaction score
hmm.....certificates....like for what things.....for extra curricular stuff??

Reaction score
well any other thing nthat i shud take wid me for interview,.....alll those other documents are to be sent by post ryt??????

smj

Reaction score
Yes make sure you fill out the form nicely
Mention anything and everything in detail
Give all attested certificates
If u have won medals or shields/plaques the take a colored photograph of them, print it and send it.
If you have volunteered any where or took part in any event in school or outside school with counts as extracurricular or volunteer work and have pictures of it then send those along, don't worry they accept it.
That form should be a good and true depiction of your self as they only have that and your interview to select you so you need to stand out on your own.
Goodluck to all and please feel free to ask me any problem you have