• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Difference of taking AS exams in M/J & O/N.

Reaction score
Assalamu 3laikum!
Hey guys hope you all are in your good spirits. Well my current AS Physics and Chemistry progress ain't going good, so my Teacher advised me to give exam in O/N instead of giving 'em in this upcoming session. Many of the teachers in my school say that "examiners check the papers more strictly in O/N session and suppose if you might be be getting a grade C in any particular subject in the M/J session, you will end up with a D or an E grade in the O/ N session .
I still have time should I be taking at least one subject in May session?
PLEASE reply ASAP.
Thanks.
My Name @Mr. Physics

Reaction score
Assalamu 3laikum!
Hey guys hope you all are in your good spirits. Well my current AS Physics and Chemistry progress ain't going good, so my Teacher advised me to give exam in O/N instead of giving 'em in this upcoming session. Many of the teachers in my school say that "examiners check the papers more strictly in O/N session and suppose if you might be be getting a grade C in any particular subject in the M/J session, you will end up with a D or an E grade in the O/ N session .
PLEASE reply ASAP.
Thanks.
My Name @Mr. Physics

These are just rumours that they check strictly in oct/nov as comparing in mayjune .....
If u arent prepared that dont appear ...its better then giving retakes in oct.nov so its better no to give ...
If u have maths ..then go for it and try to prepare it in these months which are left up with u.

Reaction score
Assalamu 3laikum!
PLEASE reply ASAP.
Thanks.
My Name @Mr. Physics
I can't say anything for sure about ""examiners check the papers more strictly in O/N session" if it is NOT a rumor then it's just unfair!

Anyway, yes obviously giving in O/N session is better as you will have more time for preparation.....for theory mainly.
BUT what about practicals for physics and chemistry? Do you think you are prepared for them?
Will your school help you practice for it before O/N session or will it be teaching the A2 portion at that time?
Because for practicals you need practice...recent practice!

I have given exams in O/N session (NOT AS) I think it depends on LUCK as well ..... like you said about getting C or D.
(I had been DISCOURAGED a lot by some people that if I give in O/N I will get HORRIBLE grades and the paper will be VERY tough.....Alhamdulillah my grades were NOT horrible but they weren't what I expected either sadly.....and the paper wasn't anything different either.)

Difference of taking AS exams in M/J & O/N- I 'd say just the months.
Mr.Physics*

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I would just say that believe in yourself and keep going on ! Don't get disappointed of what people say to you ! However, there is really a difference . You can see that Grade thresholds for Oct/ Nov are always higher than May/June one's ESPECIALLY FOR SCIENCES but the difference isn't too big !! I mean you can't just get your grade lowered too much like from C to E or something like that !! If you have prepared well , no one can stop you from scoring straight A's ! My prayers are with you buddy ! hope for the BEST

Reaction score
These are just rumours that they check strictly in oct/nov as comparing in mayjune .....
If u arent prepared that dont appear ...its better then giving retakes in oct.nov so its better no to give ...
If u have maths ..then go for it and try to prepare it in these months which are left up with u.
Yup I'm appearing for Maths and A ICT in this upcoming session. And I'm confident about scoring good grades.