• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Questions..
For 9713/s11/qp4
Task3
Can someone please tell me how the macro here is done? Using VBA code line by line or manual recording?
I tried recording and it worked so far but couldnt get the text values in the header to fit in the header columns. They would be unordered and mess the header up.
And also, if it so works, what is the extra unnecessary code that should be removed?

I also have a doubt here [9713/04/M/J/13] in task 3. Macro aswell. It keeps bugging and im stuck in a loop.

Any help would greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
hello
do any one know how to insert comments within a macro???
this came in may 2012 paper step 5(a).
:(:(:(:(

Reaction score
just put the symbol comma ' and any thing written after this single comma would be comment

Reaction score
bro can u explain layering .... comuting 9691 :)
Don't know much detail, though i do know it is used in protocols. The protocols are made from layers of rules, with layers corresponding to different rules, so that it is easier to make alterations, add new ones perhaps... I am not completely sure though, i still have not started the past papers :p

Reaction score
Wikipedia ftw :p

In modern protocol design, protocols are "layered". Layering is a design principle which divides the protocol design into a number of smaller parts, each of which accomplishes a particular sub-task, and interacts with the other parts of the protocol only in a small number of well-defined ways.

For example, one layer might describe how to encode text (with ASCII, say), while another describes how to inquire for messages (with the Internet's simple mail transfer protocol, for example), while another may detect and retry errors (with the Internet's transmission control protocol), another handles addressing (say with IP, the Internet Protocol), another handles the encapsulation of that data into a stream of bits (for example, with the point-to-point protocol), and another handles the electrical encoding of the bits, (with a V.42modem, for example).

Layering allows the parts of a protocol to be designed and tested without a combinatorial explosion of cases, keeping each design relatively simple. Layering also permits familiar protocols to be adapted to unusual circumstances. For example, the mail protocol above can be adapted to send messages to aircraft. Just change the V.42 modem protocol to the INMARS LAPD data protocol used by the international marine radio satellites.

The reference model usually used for layering is the OSI seven layer model, which can be applied to any protocol, not just the OSI protocols. In particular, the Internet Protocol can be analysed using the OSI model.

Reaction score
Wikipedia ftw :p

In modern protocol design, protocols are "layered". Layering is a design principle which divides the protocol design into a number of smaller parts, each of which accomplishes a particular sub-task, and interacts with the other parts of the protocol only in a small number of well-defined ways.

For example, one layer might describe how to encode text (with ASCII, say), while another describes how to inquire for messages (with the Internet's simple mail transfer protocol, for example), while another may detect and retry errors (with the Internet's transmission control protocol), another handles addressing (say with IP, the Internet Protocol), another handles the encapsulation of that data into a stream of bits (for example, with the point-to-point protocol), and another handles the electrical encoding of the bits, (with a V.42modem, for example).

Layering allows the parts of a protocol to be designed and tested without a combinatorial explosion of cases, keeping each design relatively simple. Layering also permits familiar protocols to be adapted to unusual circumstances. For example, the mail protocol above can be adapted to send messages to aircraft. Just change the V.42 modem protocol to the INMARS LAPD data protocol used by the international marine radio satellites.

The reference model usually used for layering is the OSI seven layer model, which can be applied to any protocol, not just the OSI protocols. In particular, the Internet Protocol can be analysed using the OSI model.
(y) thanks :)

Reaction score
In A2 questions, sometimes they ask about removing duplicates. How can we show an evindence of removing duplicates? URGENT

Reaction score
Don't know much detail, though i do know it is used in protocols. The protocols are made from layers of rules, with layers corresponding to different rules, so that it is easier to make alterations, add new ones perhaps... I am not completely sure though, i still have not started the past papers :p
bro how to generate a hashing algorithm ??

Reaction score
Generate? Don't know about that. Though i do know how a hashing algortihm works generally, if that is what you meant to ask
no i ment generate ... check the may/june 2007 paper 1
upload_2014-4-15_19-32-22.png
so no idea about generating a hashing algorithm??