• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
and in oct nov 2009 step 27
In cell C2, enter a formula to add the total number of minutes late for each airline. Only
include flights that were more than 10 minutes late. You may need to add extra column/s to
your sheet/s to do this.
(formula???))
even i am stuck there................

Reaction score
can anyone help me in this paper....i am unable to import the files in access............AND PLZ can anyone EXPLAIN ME THE VALIDATION THINGS THEY HAVE TOLD US TO DO.......I AM SO CLUELESS right now............!!!!!!!!!!!(from question 1 to 4)

Attachments

• 9713_s10_qp_2.pdf
    481.9 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
@princess94 try countifs function in it
u can den put two count if funstions together

Reaction score

Attachments

• 9713_w11_ms_11.pdf
    109.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 9713_w11_ms_12.pdf
    109.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 9713_w11_ms_13.pdf
    102.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: MNA
Reaction score
can anyone help me in this paper....i am unable to import the files in access............AND PLZ can anyone EXPLAIN ME THE VALIDATION THINGS THEY HAVE TOLD US TO DO.......I AM SO CLUELESS right now............!!!!!!!!!!!(from question 1 to 4)
plz can anyone reply fast.....i have my mocks tomorrow................

Reaction score

the question simply asks to enter validation rules... to enter one open a table in design view and enter the rule in Validation Rule box. It is good to follow this with a Validation Text, so that in case when a wrong data is enter, the system will give you a message, e.g. if the Colour of a product can only be either of red (r), green (g) or blue (b), you can enter the validation rule as "r" or "g" or "b" and enter the validation text as Colour must be either of Red (r), Green (g) or Blue (b).
validation.JPG
not that the "" in "r" or "g" or "b" is important. The system will match the data enter in the fields with the data between the "" and will accept the input only and only if it matches. So if you enter R instead of r, the system will give you an error message. Another important thing is the difference between "or" and "and"
say the rule is "r" or "g"... then the system will except data if it is either r or g. But if the rule is "r" and "g", the input must include both of r and g...

the whole thing about validation rule is well written in the CIE endorsed book... if you don't have it, you should manage it... the book is really helpful
you can also open access and then the Access Help and search using Validation Rule and then open the article named:
Create a validation rule to validate data in a field
oh... another thing you should know about is Input Mask (also available in book or search in Access Help using input mask and open the article:
Create an input mask to enter field or control values in a specific format)

Reaction score
hey ! can anybody help me in mj2011
step 14
Add to this extract a new field called Ave_Price
This is calculated at run-time and works out, for each album, the average of the three
prices. Format this numeric field as currency, in pounds (£) with 2 decimal places.
in this how we gonna find avg of all the three prices

the run-time question has been repeated in several years.... I do not have the 2011 papers with me so I'm using the may2009 as an example... (question no. 8):
run-time.png

in this question, the requirement was to calculate the number of days between at run time using the HDate and ODate fields. So I opened the builder, selected the required fields from the tables and made the formula. Anything written before ":" will be taken as the field name

now for your question, the thing should be something like Avg_Price: ([price1]+[price2]+[price3])/3 (note that the [] represents a field, I do not know what fields are available so I'm assuming some names) and so assign the currency format, click the property sheet at the top right corner and select currency for Format

hope it helps you :)

Reaction score
i Have a question in practicals whn they ask you to make graphs when working in access do we have to make the graph in access and if its in access how to make it?

Reaction score
as usual, I've uploaded the file... check out the query criteria
you can do Q5 in two ways... the first method is easy which includes entering the simple text "Is Not Null" in the Company field while performing the query
the next step is bit more advanced... in the design view, on an empty row, enter Left([CustomerID],1) (make sure that the JXCust table is visible in the design view, if not then select the Show Table and make the table visible).. doing this will create a new field in the query... now in the criteria section, just enter B or Like "B" ... afterwards you'll have your all the data required to create the query

step 9 will be easier to do, if you use the second method to perform the query in step 5
just make a copy of step 5, remove all the fields except the new field created by the Left function (I named it Inital in my file) and the Profit field (to delete a column in design view, select it and press Delete)... now select the Totals from Show/Hide (you'll see a new row named Total will appear between Table and Sort row) and then select Avg function for the Profit field from the Drop down menu (Group by will be shown by default)

is this the only way to do this?

Reaction score
hey......xenon u were quite helpful buddy
i have a problem wid s09/02 q10

plz help me wid q10 onward till q 14......
n 1 more q wat abt q 30 of da same ppr....r we allowed da use of the internet in it.......
plzzzzzz help....its gonna be really helpful

Reaction score
hey......xenon u were quite helpful buddy
i have a problem wid s09/02 q10

plz help me wid q10 onward till q 14......
n 1 more q wat abt q 30 of da same ppr....r we allowed da use of the internet in it.......
plzzzzzz help....its gonna be really helpful
q10: check attachment forum_10
for 11, enter the criteria as shown here:
forum_11_criteria.JPG

for Q12, the balance field is created using the expression builder.. the format is select automatically basing on the cost and paid field, but still can be assigned using the property sheet
forum_12_run-time.JPG
now for 13, first create a table from the query performed this way:
q13_making_table.JPG save the table and then you'll see the exclamatory mark beside the name of the query. Double-click it and access you ask you whether you want to create a new table, say yes to it

Select Report Design from Create tab and then Add Existing Fields, open the table created from the query and then drag and drop and arrange the fields in the Detail area of the report, for 14, enter the title in Page Header along with candidate details... each record should start in a new page
arranging13.JPG

I know the whole thing is long and hope it helps you

Attachments

• forum_10.docx
    965.8 KB · Views: 41