• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies Notes + Tips + Queries

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a book for computer science(2210) o'level (revised syllabus)?
Exactly I need one too.... I was told that we will get a text book for computer science this month but there is still no sign of it... If it does come before our exams I'll let you know..

Reaction score
Hello guys i dont understand about paper 2. The pattern of writting the program (the array first question)

1. Can i write it in any language? (GWbasic, Python, C+)

2. Which language is the most suitable? (BTW watching in several acade mies, python nd Gwbasic is being used)

3. There are different ways of solving the question. Look at the photo i pasted. Its written in Python. If i write that in Gwbasic e.g Count (Student Count30) or whatever, is that acceptable. BTW asked the academy teacher nd gave him my GWbasic solution, he said examiner will laugh on this.
11180235_460237254142966_221802867_n.jpg
11173656_460237280809630_1316397642_n.jpg

Reaction score
1. Can i write it in any language? (GWbasic, Python, C+)
Yes
2. Which language is the most suitable? (BTW watching in several acade mies, python nd Gwbasic is being used)
You should use the one you are most comfortable with.
3. There are different ways of solving the question. Look at the photo i pasted. Its written in Python. If i write that in Gwbasic e.g Count (Student Count30) or whatever, is that acceptable. BTW asked the academy teacher nd gave him my GWbasic solution, he said examiner will laugh on this.
Um.. could you send me the program? and the question too. use pastebin.com if you'd like to share it

Reaction score
i got some questions
1. operating system is said to be multitasking ....... but interrupts are handled one at a time .... then how can we call it multitasking?
2.how does laser read /write on a dual layer DVD ?
3.why interpreter is better for debugging then compiler ?
4.why low level languages are used when high level are far way EASIER to write and learn?

Anyone Please elaborate these questions to me... Thanks in advance

Reaction score
i got some questions
1. operating system is said to be multitasking ....... but interrupts are handled one at a time .... then how can we call it multitasking?
2.how does laser read /write on a dual layer DVD ?
3.why interpreter is better for debugging then compiler ?
4.why low level languages are used when high level are far way EASIER to write and learn?

Anyone Please elaborate these questions to me... Thanks in advance

Assalamoalikum brother.
Sorry for such a late reply, but i just read ur post and decided to clear your queries.

For understanding the logic to Q.1, you firstly should know what actually an interrupt is. It is a signal sent (from a device or maybe a software) that required its immidiate attention and to just temporarily stop what its doing at the instant.
Now lets come to your question. Interrupts can allow computer to carry out several tasks or have many windows open at the same time. An example would be, burning music to the a disk (eg. a dvd ram) and simultaneously listening to the music it already contains. whenever an interrupt is services, the status of the current program thats being run, is saved. And when the interrupt is serviced, the user can continue with the task he was doing. If it wasn't an interrupt, the user would have lost the data of the task he was doing.

Lets come to your second question now, its very straightforward and has a clear answer. I a dual layering dvd, there are two poly-carbonate layers which are joined by a transparent spacer and a very thin reflector is also fitted in between those two layers. Reading and writing of the dvd is done by a red laser focusing at a fraction of a millimeter difference from the first layer.

for your 3rd question, my answer would be that interpreters stop the translation as soon as the first error is identified, which makes the user know that in which line the error has occurred.. while the compiler displays an error list after the whole program has been translated since its very diffiult to identify and correct those errors in the program that has been wholly translated!

yeah ure right that high level languages are easy to right, but dont you think that as high level languages are near to human language, they're on the other hand away from the computer language (binary). so they need translators to run, which causes the process to be slower, and sometimes, it gets out of control. while the low level programs are near to computer language (binary) so they provide a firm control over what happens in, e.g. the registers.. hence low level languages provide a firm and strong control over the hardware. daily routine programs are fine if they are written in a high level language.. but think about launching a missile.. will you write a high level program for that? think about a robot who carries out difficult tasks (such as working in an environment where poisonous gases are released).. in such cases its utterly unsuitable to use a high level language.. here the thing what matters is accuracy and firm control that can only be obtained by designing a program using a low level language only

hope that i am able to answer your questions,, and correct me where i'm wrong. it'll be my pleasure to have your reply

Reaction score
I am ready to teach Chemistry, Biology, Math, Economics and Accounting IGCSE
also AS math and
complete Al Biology for a small payment online (using skype+whiteboard)
I have my statement of result to show u my grades
7 astars in IGCSE
2 A in AS
and the rest will appear in august
Pray for me!

Reaction score
Assalam o alaikum
In our school Computer Science (2210) is taught and our teacher teaches uss High level Language C++ but it is no where mentioned in the syllabus. So, instead on this, pseudocode is mentioned. Can you please guide me what to use in the exam? Pseudocodes or C++.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Xomputer Science 2220 Paper 2 is based on Flowcahrt and pseudocode. Hight level languages such as Visual Basic. VB. Net and Python are recommended for Pre released material to understand the programming concept. CIE doesn't restrict student to use any specific language.

Reaction score
Capture.JPG
HI GUYS!!!:):):)
CAN ANYONE OF YOU ANSWER THE (b) PART IN THIS QUESTION?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY A ROGUE VALUE IN THIS QUESTION?

Reaction score
HEY GUYS THE COMPUTER SCIENCE MAY/JUNE 2017 PRE-RELEASE MATERIAL IS OUT.
WE NEED TO WRITE IT IN A SUITABLE HIGH-LEVEL LANGUAGE AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY.
I THINK YOU'LL FIND IT USEFUL:p
YOU'LL FIND THEM BELOW.
GOOD LUCK(y)

Attachments

• Image (8).jpg
    Image (8).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Can I please get a classified for computer science (0478)?