• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies Notes + Tips + Queries

Reaction score
I will request everyone to please stick to this thread for posting queries, notes and tips or anything u want for this Computer paper :)

all the collection of upcoming paper from sir Navid Saqib and sir tanvirik is uploaded to save time.
i request Sir Navid and Sir Tanvir to please respond to our queries.

AUDIO PODCAST FOR ICT: http://ckcoleman.podomatic.com/
COMPUTER NOTES: https://sites.google.com/site/computerstudies7010/Home/notes-distribution
FULL PREPARATION: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/ict/

Computer project sample (olevel)
www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/computer-studies.6945
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/o-level-computer-project.18312/

Computer Olevel Notes
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/computer-studies-definitions.12150/
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/o-level-computer-slides.21480/

If anyone wants to listen to free audio podcast lectures, download iTunes and search for GCSE ICT there are many podcasts.

P.S: I don't own this material.
Some of links sent to my by our likes-hungry @sweetie pie. Thanks Sweetie.
badrobot14 kindly make this thread sticky till the computer paper :)
thanks 4 adding my links hahahahahhahahahahaha likes hungry :p

Reaction score
Is Paper 2 necessary?
Everyone keeps telling me you have to do a project, and stuff.
Can't we skip that?

Reaction score
and that is what i told u
DO NOT do the project
instead do p3 which is very similar to paper1

I'm still very confused about taking this subject.
I have mocks in March.. but not for Computer studies, because my school doesn't offer this subject.
But i'll have to study all other subjects, and start Computer studies after March, in April.
Idk if i'll be able to do it..

Reaction score
I'm still very confused about taking this subject.
I have mocks in March.. but not for Computer studies, because my school doesn't offer this subject.
But i'll have to study all other subjects, and start Computer studies after March, in April.
Idk if i'll be able to do it..
dude, u have got more than 2 and a half months to study for all the subs
now u have studied most of them for like 2 and a half years now, so they are not a prob. only past papers have to be solved
so the remaining time can be spent studying for the new subs
it is really easy and much easier than economics or commerce or world history
all u need is a little guidance, which the people on xpc can provide u with
i will also try my best to help u throught ur probs
btw. i think u shud not give world history or economics
rather give:
Business
Commerce
Computer Studies
EM
this will reduce the load on u and help u cover the syllabus of the new subs faster and get better grades

Reaction score
dude, u have got more than 2 and a half months to study for all the subs
now u have studied most of them for like 2 and a half years now, so they are not a prob. only past papers have to be solved
so the remaining time can be spent studying for the new subs
it is really easy and much easier than economics or commerce or world history
all u need is a little guidance, which the people on xpc can provide u with
i will also try my best to help u throught ur probs
btw. i think u shud not give world history or economics
rather give:
Business
Commerce
Computer Studies
EM
this will reduce the load on u and help u cover the syllabus of the new subs faster and get better grades

Okay. World History is a lengthy subject, so i'm definitely going to replace it with Computer studies (a much easier subject, but i will have to start in April, since i don't have time right now)..

Reaction score
Okay. World History is a lengthy subject, so i'm definitely going to replace it with Computer studies (a much easier subject, but i will have to start in April, since i don't have time right now)..
what do u mean i dont have time? :confused:

Reaction score
Lol. :p
Uhm, i mean.. i'm too lazy to start it now, and i won't even have to give its mock, so that's more reason not to study it..
oh ok
well the only solution is to kill ur laziness. no matter how smart u are, if u are lazy u wont achieve success. it is the hard work and determination that accounts for success rather than lethargy and demotivation
another thing, do only those subs which u are content with, ie. do not force urself to study subs u dont want to study

Reaction score
oh ok
well the only solution is to kill ur laziness. no matter how smart u are, if u are lazy u wont achieve success. it is the hard work and determination that accounts for success rather than lethargy and demotivation
another thing, do only those subs which u are content with, ie. do not force urself to study subs u dont want to study

I've achieved success even after laziness. That's what gives me false hope, that things will continue to work out, like this. :p
But ofcourse, i will have to work hard this time. ._.

Yeah. I'm dropping Boring World History.

Reaction score
I've achieved success even after laziness. That's what gives me false hope, that things will continue to work out, like this. :p
But ofcourse, i will have to work hard this time. ._.

Yeah. I'm dropping Boring World History.
thats the point
i know u have achieved success like this, but what i am saying is that u can achieve even greater success with just a little more determination and less lethargy
yes, u have to

(y), if u feel uncomfortable with computer studies or any other extra sub, do drop that as well

Reaction score
thats the point
i know u have achieved success like this, but what i am saying is that u can achieve even greater success with just a little more determination and less lethargy
yes, u have to

(y), if u feel uncomfortable with computer studies or any other extra sub, do drop that as well

You are right.
I can achieve so much more!

Thanks. :)

Reaction score
People how are you preparing for system flowcharts????? :confused:
There is simply so little to practice and the symbols are different everywhere and mark schemes no give chart but words only :mad: