• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Science (9608)

Reaction score
I am thinking of giving accelerated next year in May/June. Do you know any good teachers? I've heard of sir Zafar Ali Khan but don't know how well he teaches. Also what grades did you get?

Got an A. Sir Zafar Ali Khans notes are available online so you can look them up. Not a whole lot of official material available though, so you'll have to Google most of the stuff, or incidentally, your teacher will. P1 is theory and pretty similar in style to the O-Level Computer Studies (or Computer Science for you lot) paper. P2 is programming and for that you'll need to practice writing code in Visual Basic (probably what you'll be using)/Python/Pascal. The code will be a bit more complex, but the syllabus usually details exactly what you need to know, so it won't pose much of a problem. You can check the papers we gave: http://gceguide.com/papers/A Levels/Computer Science (9608)

Reaction score
Got an A. Sir Zafar Ali Khans notes are available online so you can look them up. Not a whole lot of official material available though, so you'll have to Google most of the stuff, or incidentally, your teacher will. P1 is theory and pretty similar in style to the O-Level Computer Studies (or Computer Science for you lot) paper. P2 is programming and for that you'll need to practice writing code in Visual Basic (probably what you'll be using)/Python/Pascal. The code will be a bit more complex, but the syllabus usually details exactly what you need to know, so it won't pose much of a problem. You can check the papers we gave: http://gceguide.com/papers/A Levels/Computer Science (9608)
I can only find his notes for computing 9681... Can you link the Computer Science notes?

Reaction score

Sounds cool. I already have his As notes. Already done with a few topics. I am thinking of doing As by myself and get classes of A2 only. Is this a good idea?

Reaction score
Well i don't know it, but does anyone know other good cie computer science 9608 notes rather than zakonweb, znotes, or the Ahmed Thakur notes?? Please i am in serious need now