• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Science (9608)

Reaction score
I am!
AS and A
Cant do much prep -no resources(past papers, er)
Have done whatever was in the syllabus.
Which language will you use for P2 and P4?

Reaction score
I'm giving it too. Prep is okay, but it would have been much better if there was a cambridge endorsed book and past papers.

Reaction score
I am!
AS and A
Cant do much prep -no resources(past papers, er)
Have done whatever was in the syllabus.
Which language will you use for P2 and P4?
Most probably Python. I'm only giving the AS components right now.

I'm giving it too. Prep is okay, but it would have been much better if there was a cambridge endorsed book and past papers.
Yeah, it's a new syllabus so there's no collective resources.

Reaction score
Me. Taking A and AS. Did all specimen papers. Also check out AQA paper 3's and 4's. They have state transition diagrams, decision tables etc which are all required.

Reaction score
What book do you read to code in python for 9608 paper 2 exam?? Anyone help?? At school I've only been taught visual basics but I heard python is much easier so can someone advise me?? Thanks

Reaction score
What book do you read to code in python for 9608 paper 2 exam?? Anyone help?? At school I've only been taught visual basics but I heard python is much easier so can someone advise me?? Thanks
Python is an intutitive programming language, closest to English. There's plenty of free resources available on the internet to learn it.
https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-python
This would be probably a good place to start.

P.S. I'm a CS graduate. I did Applied ICT in my A level back in 2014