• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Christianity

Reaction score
i want to study comparative religion so i would like to learn regarding this religion. the customs, traditions and regarding you beliefs.

P.S plz don't fight. we are here to learn a new faith not to contradict and preach our faiths. dat is solely one's personal choice.

Reaction score
Number one belief and the most important of all

Trnity :- it states that god is one but is made up of three i.e. father , son(jesus) and holy spirit .

Reaction score
i want to study comparative religion so i would like to learn regarding this religion. the customs, traditions and regarding you beliefs.

Number 2 :- Jesus died on teh cross to pay for our sins which means if u embrace christianity u wont have to pay for ur crimes in the hereafter

Reaction score
right thanks ahmed. what about the incident when he was taken to the heavans alive in order save him from the fire? how is the incident quoted in bible

Reaction score
right thanks ahmed. what about the incident when he was taken to the heavans alive in order save him from the fire? how is the incident quoted in bible

bro i have read a very lil portion of the bible and most of it is on concept of god .. so i dont know which incident u r talking about .. try searching on google

Reaction score
thanks borakk, someone else said? no this is not the way you can quote things. if u r not sure better not share. don't mind.

what is the standard version of Bible which most of the Christians use for study or which is recognised by majority. how many versions do exist at present?

Reaction score
It is very similar to Islam. In fact, according to Koran all Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike who believe and do good will be rewarded by their lord. :)

There are some things like someone else said: the belief that Jesus is God's son, which is disproved by the Bible itself. Such beliefs are not endorsed by islam.

that verse is talking about the real Christians , jews and sabians .. its in chapter 2 i guess and it says that those who stick to the faith granted by god ... which means it is disproving those who have changed thier scripts after thier prophets died

Reaction score
thanks borakk, someone else said? no this is not the way you can quote things. if u r not sure better not share. don't mind.

what is the standard version of Bible which most of the Christians use for study or which is recognised by majority. how many versions do exist at present?

well orginally there were 8 versions but as they got translated in many languages the version increased in number and now there are dozens of versions ... the most authentic is king james version but diffrent ppl use diffrent versions .. many ppl sell thier own version with more chnges in them

Reaction score
well actually the bible doesn't have versions,it's actually one book consisting of different smaller books,
it is divided into two main parts ,the new testament and the old one.
the old testament tell the story since the begining of creation till the time of Jesus, it also includes prophiicies about the coming of Jesus and how he woul be killed for humanity.
the new testament consists of the four Gospels, which are the story of Jesus's life here on earth written from the view points of 4 of his disciples,( they are four because these four gospels were originally written as messages telling Jesus's life to four different people or nations , so each disciple wrote it in a way which most approaches the way that nation deals), then there is a book about how the apostles lived after Jesus returned to heaven.
then there is some books which were mainly letters by the disciples and apostles explaining the teachings of Jesus to the nations they preached on their travels. Finally there is a book which is the apocalypse( this is the revelation of God to John about what will happen in the last day or judgement day).
all of this is called the bible

Maz

Reaction score
There are different versions of the bible such as "The king James Version", "The new revised standard version","The good news bible". In fact, there are some of of the verses of the bible present in some and removed from other versions. eg The 7 apocryphal books are absent from the new revised edition and there are a long list of random verses too.

Reaction score
salamz........
id advise u to go throuhgh da following:
1. The Holy Quran( Abdullah Yusuf Ali)
2. The Revised Standard version of the Bible(da latest 1)
3. ahmed deedats lectures n debates(esp da 1 wid Jimmy Swaggart)......hes da best in christianity
4. Dr. Zakir Naik

as a comparative religion student myself, id advise u to not self study da bible urself as its too risky......at 1st ull be alright but slowly itll be difficult to differntiate b/w right n wrong....n as there r lecture notes....its much simpler
other awesome literature by deedat inc:
the choice
who moved th estone
the sign of jonah
crucification or cruccifiction?
etc ........

but if dats still not enough in your vacations in summer u should enroll urself in irf's dawah training programme conducted by dr zakir but dat is if ure ready to traavel to mumbai, india

Reaction score

P.S plz don't fight. we are here to learn a new faith not to contradict and preach our faiths. dat is solely one's personal choice.

if u want i can send u small dawah kit by ahmed deedat for mobile phone which contains all the maine contradictions in bible