• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Practical Paper 34

Reaction score
Hey guys! On October 25 we have the 9701/34/O/N/2017 exam! Please would everyone let me and everyone know about what will be coming for this exam! Thank you!

Reaction score
hi i'm doing the exam too. so anyhelp would be great. But anyways theres always a titration question and always a qualitative analysis. from that itself you get 75% of paper anyways. the other 25% marks sometimes come from a third question or is implemented to the aforementioned two.

Reaction score
hi i'm doing the exam too. so anyhelp would be great. But anyways theres always a titration question and always a qualitative analysis. from that itself you get 75% of paper anyways. the other 25% marks sometimes come from a third question or is implemented to the aforementioned two.
Just hope that someone would provide a bit information about salt test.

Reaction score
salt test is easy they give a paper of the colour changes and everything just correlate your colour changes with the paper.

Reaction score
well, i had it today needless to say it was horrible paper looked easy AF but it's my fault for not studying.

Reaction score
Be prepared for titration questions and brush up on your calculation skills for moles.
Enthalpy questions aren't out of the norm so memorise Q=mC^T(delta/change inT)
cation/anion analysis is given in a separate booklet so check whether your results match with them.
Know how to use and write ionic equations.

Reaction score
Cation : I got Mg²+. Few of my friends got Ca²+
Anion : Not sure but i got SO4²-. Another one i don't remember.

Reaction score
I don't remember. But my mates were talking about Br- and SO3²-. What were your anions and cation?

Reaction score
Cant be br cuz i did a silver test. So so3 and So2 was also out of the question it had to be something of No2 or NO3, i eliminated others but i couldnt heat and use litmus papers so i took a guess at NO3... As for cation when i put naoh it was insoluble , excess also same result hence Mg 2+.