• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Volume was 448 cm ^3 iirc .
And the products obtained.. were they o2 , cu and cl2 , mg for cucl2 ( aq ) and conc mgcl2 respectively

Reaction score
salaam! could somebody please tell me that when we are drawing graphs of temperature against time or any value like volume of a solution , how are we supposed to draw the line through the points? i mean are we supposed to start from the initial temperature or should we draw the line such that the points are equally distributed on either side?

Attachments

• WIN_20180518_19_52_10_Pro_LI (2).jpg
    WIN_20180518_19_52_10_Pro_LI (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Reaction score
salaam! could somebody please tell me that when we are drawing graphs of temperature against time or any value like volume of a solution , how are we supposed to draw the line through the points? i mean are we supposed to start from the initial temperature or should we draw the line such that the points are equally distributed on either side?

No it's not necessary to start from initial temperature until the question asks you to do otherwise it should be a best fit line.

Reaction score
I have 2 questions regarding the chemistry practical:-

1- Do we have to rinse the burette with distilled water and the solution that we are going to use in the burette or will the supervisors do it before the exam?
2- In the enthalpy change experiment, how can we measure the temperature of the solution without taking the thermometer out of the solution and should we stop the stopwatch while measuring the temperature?
It would be also really beneficial if anyone shares any useful website/video regarding the practical.
Answers to these questions will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I have 2 questions regarding the chemistry practical:-

1- Do we have to rinse the burette with distilled water and the solution that we are going to use in the burette or will the supervisors do it before the exam?
2- In the enthalpy change experiment, how can we measure the temperature of the solution without taking the thermometer out of the solution and should we stop the stopwatch while measuring the temperature?
It would be also really beneficial if anyone shares any useful website/video regarding the practical.
Answers to these questions will be greatly appreciated.

1. No it's not necessary to wash it for I believe it would have been done by the supervisors before the exam and also it will waste your time.
2. i think the thermometer is readable enough when inside the solution taking it out will result in outside temperature affecting it and you should not stop the stopwatch while measuring the temperature.

I hope this helps:
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/tips-for-chemistry-practicals-p3.11810/

Reaction score
But i heard it should +/- 0.15 cm3 as we take readings three times, initial, final and titre is that correct?
The Uncertainty should be half of the smallest reading on your burette. So if the smallest reading is 0.1cm3, you uncertainty will +/- 0.05cm^3
So if you have a uncertainty of 0.15cm^3 then your smallest reading must've been 0.30cm^3! which is very unlikely.
Hope this helped

Reaction score
The Uncertainty should be half of the smallest reading on your burette. So if the smallest reading is 0.1cm3, you uncertainty will +/- 0.05cm^3
So if you have a uncertainty of 0.15cm^3 then your smallest reading must've been 0.30cm^3! which is very unlikely.
Hope this helped
Yes and thanks